What's new

MB Canary Drop 50/50 and its Potential

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
@xKhaoTik it's my own fault for playing Flash against her so most of the game I was in her range where she likes to be, I punished most of her F2 into low or OH strings but that OH flip got me so much, I was furious.

I'm just going to use Dr. Fate against her lol

Well to be completely honest, I feel like she needs it

Black Canary is very flawed. Some of the worst neutral in the game until she has trait, very unsafe strings, unsafe specials, weak AAs and abysmal damage unless she has meter or trait. Cartwheel is good against zoning but she still has some issues against zoners in general.

So with all of that, once she gets in, she's designed to fuck your life up until you guess right. She's not even safe on the 50/50s either so if you guess right, you fuck her life up.

She's a very high risk high reward character. She has to work her way in and once she's in, she still has to gamble to keep you in the mix.

Remember, she doesn't have to do this. Just because she's a 50/50 character doesn't mean she has keep you in the mix. Smoke in MKX is a vortex character yet we've seen scar dominate with him without even using it most of the time.
Yeah I agree with everything you said, I try to play decent neutral with her but against any character with a decent poke it is pretty hard.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Not to be rude but it is old. It's been a thing since the beta. It's only new to those who didn't know. Not throwing shade, just stating that, but I made a vid with the full potential of it if you want it here.
Fair enough, but it was still funny how something got called old tech on the second day the game was out. It's also always a bit of guessing whether stuff that worked in the beta would still work in the full game.

armani

Noob
Canary is gonna be crazy once the newness of the game wears off and we start finding ways to bait air escapes. I can't wait. I'm legit thinking about picking her up

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Not to be rude but it is old. It's been a thing since the beta. It's only new to those who didn't know. Not throwing shade, just stating that, but I made a vid with the full potential of it if you want it here.
Welp the fact remains that you still should've posted it.

You gotta understand that when someone posts tech, especially when the game just came out, and someone else says "o this is old. I been knew about this", it kinda makes that person look like a hater. Doesn't help the fact that this was NOWHERE to be found by any Canary player but "you".

Also you keep saying you have all this tech to show but all you're doing is adding on to the mixup I posted (and I'm claiming). So where are they?

Canary is gonna be crazy once the newness of the game wears off and we start finding ways to bait air escapes. I can't wait. I'm legit thinking about picking her up
Yeah she's really, really fun to use. Only issue with first picking her up is that her neutral game just is not very good so you need to get in asap.

primedirective

Canaries and Flying Rodents
Holy crap, I completely under utilized Canary Drop in the beta. This is a legit game changer. When dealing with the Deadshots, Kryptonians, and the like, it'll be really nice to have more tools to make them afraid of messing the zoning. I feel like Superman and Supergirl players just so confidently zone away, one of these vortexes will make them play a little more frantic.

nugava

Noob
The f13 into 50/50 drop gives me a boner everytime I land it... It's so easy to do. That's genious. And yes she needs it since her neutral is TRASH. I don't even know what button to use in the neutral. Her f2 is kinda cool. Her d3 is not bad. I wish her f1 would be faster, to be able to work as "long range" punish move.

The f13 into 50/50 drop gives me a boner everytime I land it... It's so easy to do. That's genious. And yes she needs it since her neutral is TRASH. I don't even know what button to use in the neutral. Her f2 is kinda cool. Her d3 is not bad. I wish her f1 would be faster, to be able to work as "long range" punish move.
All I wish she had was one fast mid :(

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
After a lvl 2 or 3 scream, you can hit them with 11, which staggers into a guaranteed S2. More mixup potential.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
After a lvl 2 or 3 scream, you can hit them with 11, which staggers into a guaranteed S2. More mixup potential.
Yea that's been a thing since the beta. It's good to catch people off guard but down along the line, people are gonna punish it. You can full combo punish 2 mixup, delay or not.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Ok. I really need to start posting the shit from the discord in her threads lol I'm sorry guys. I will update the tech spreadsheet and guide today. Mostly all this stuff you guys are showing/mentioning has been known since day 1 :( it's my fault too busy in discord. I gotta do better.. man I thought y'all had found some new broke shit. Pls tech gods break her more