What's new

MB Canary Drop 50/50 and its Potential

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
This is a REAL setup up since you can't hold down (yes throwing shade at all those dumb 50/50s videos lol) but that's besides the point

I think it's pretty legit.

Discuss.
Amazing stuff dude, labbed it asap. Here is something I noticed that you can do after the MB drop to make it even harder on your opponent:

MB drop > B3 > J2 > J2 > 1/11/D2/2U3/whatever > 112 1+3

This ends the combo with a hard knockdown and you at+25(I think it's slightly more tbh). At a range where you have all the control. You can add in trait, save trait for the incoming hit you're about to get, or keep building it up while scoring hits because you had to use it to get in.

Mykal NS

Demolition Sonya Main / Downplayer
I've got some canary tech to post as well with all the resets and what not from the beta. Stand by :)

Mykal NS

Demolition Sonya Main / Downplayer
This is an old setup that I figured would be removed. It's ambiguous so you have to guess which way the opponent will block. You can do a close or normal version and it's a guess. Very punishable on block so don't become obvious with the reset. There's others that work too. Stand by for vid.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
This is an old setup that I figured would be removed. It's ambiguous so you have to guess which way the opponent will block. You can do a close or normal version and it's a guess. Very punishable on block so don't become obvious with the reset. There's others that work too. Stand by for vid.
Yes I literally said that in the video...

Also, I never saw anyone do this in the beta, and I played hella black canary players. Not once was this talked about or done, at least to my knowledge. So if this is "old" and you knew about it, you should've posted it. Help others out. That was my point of this.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Just got done playing a long set with a canary player and I gotta say I've never been so furios and salty in my life.
There wasn't even a character in MKX who's mix-ups were this crazy and everyone says that game was all 50/50. Absolutely bullshit, this ambiguous cross-up shit is a joke

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Just got done playing a long set with a canary player and I gotta say I've never been so furios and salty in my life.
There wasn't even a character in MKX who's mix-ups were this crazy and everyone says that game was all 50/50. Absolutely bullshit, this ambiguous cross-up shit is a joke
N E E D S I T.

...ps told yall she was cheap heheheheuehe

xKhaoTik

Yeah I find it pretty legit, the cross up is pretty nasty with the flip. Here's a vortex I use, if the opponent starts blocking the cross up start using the close range flip instead and they will have to block it regularly
Yessssssss

Just remember air roll is a thing lol

xKhaoTik

Yeah air tech is punishable though isn't it so if you see it coming I think you can throw them back in the blender
Yea it is. I'm just saying while we're doing this, we gotta be ready for it because you know it's gonna happen lol.

Nobody wants to get hit like that

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Yeah I find it pretty legit, the cross up is pretty nasty with the flip. Here's a vortex I use, if the opponent starts blocking the cross up start using the close range flip instead and they will have to block it regularly
Why does shit like this exist? Leave cheap 50/50 and vortexes back in MKX

xKhaoTik

Why does shit like this exist? Leave cheap 50/50 and vortexes back in MKX
Well to be completely honest, I feel like she needs it

Black Canary is very flawed. Some of the worst neutral in the game until she has trait, very unsafe strings, unsafe specials, weak AAs and abysmal damage unless she has meter or trait. Cartwheel is good against zoning but she still has some issues against zoners in general.

So with all of that, once she gets in, she's designed to fuck your life up until you guess right. She's not even safe on the 50/50s either so if you guess right, you fuck her life up.

She's a very high risk high reward character. She has to work her way in and once she's in, she still has to gamble to keep you in the mix.

Remember, she doesn't have to do this. Just because she's a 50/50 character doesn't mean she has keep you in the mix. Smoke in MKX is a vortex character yet we've seen scar dominate with him without even using it most of the time.