What's new

Maybe I'll finally be able to watch Tekken matches.

Honestly, not that excited. If this would have been done like a decade ago when I'd crap for and play pretty much any fighting game crossover, then I'd be all over this.

There is a Tekken X SF as well developed by Namco, so there be something for everyone. It really makes sense since they've consistently been the most popular fighters globally, whereas a crossover like say... VF vs Tekken etc. would've been limited to one region.

I'm more interested in the Namco version but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested at all in the Capcom version.

AC1984

Kaballin!
gghhhhh.....another N-sync backstreet boys concert....little girls scream and they do not even have an idea why they do it.....One of the best fighting games combines with the worse fighting game of all time....give me a break...

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Honestly don't know why people hate Tekken. It is a wonderful game and I for one am very excited for both versions of this game.

Honestly don't know why people hate Tekken. It is a wonderful game and I for one am very excited for both versions of this game.
I don't hate Tekken, I like those games to an extent. I'll probably get the Capcom version. Not sure how Namco will handle characters like Ryu in their version.

SFIV aside, Capcom does have a habit of announcing titles Sony-style : Let people know it's in development as soon as you start. RE5 was announced in 2005 for example.

The Namco game is still at a conceptual stage and no one knows who's doing it since T7 is underway too.

Houzi

Noob
I think that this idea is not going to work. I play both and they are 100% different types of gameplay. I just don't see how it's going to be possible. They will most likely ruin it and I would rather them not even waste their time.

They figured that, hence they've got two games in development representing the different franchises; neither side is new to fighting game development. SF X Tekken was shown after all and it's basically a SFIV VS game merely using the Tekken license, and the same will be for Tekken.

Trolls have been hammering their Twitter accounts like crazy, so they know what they got themselves into.