What's new

Tech Maximising the potential of iaTU

NKZero

Noob
NKZero Red Reaper

Somberness explained to me that you have to be in the air for 5 frames before you can do an air special, so the fastest IATU is 21 frames.

Red I never said there was a video! I said back in the day there was a thread discussing what could punish max range TKP and people were talking about IATU because the data said 16 frames.

I don't think it's possible though.
Wait so what does the jump data that I posted at the top of this page tell you? 21 frames? That sucks!! :(

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
NKZero Red Reaper

I said back in the day there was a thread discussing what could punish max range TKP and people were talking about IATU because the data said 16 frames.
Yeah i made that thread. But still i dont find it possible, simply because, you also need 1 frame to let go of block, or something like that right ? Plus its even harder to do it if you crouch block the TKP. If my assumptions are correct, then IATU cannot punish TKP.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Wait so what does the jump data that I posted at the top of this page tell you? 21 frames? That sucks!! :(
I was compiling a list of the fastest teleports in the game so I was talking about it in a stream chat, and sombreness showed up and told me that.

Still though, IATU is tied for 2nd fastest in the game (1. Smoke 2. Sektor/Mileena)

NKZero

Noob
I was compiling a list of the fastest teleports in the game so I was talking about it in a stream chat, and sombreness showed up and told me that.

Still though, IATU is tied for 2nd fastest in the game (1. Smoke 2. Sektor/Mileena)
I want 8 frames, papi! Well thanks anyways....looks like I need to make some amendments to the what you can punish on block section. I'll do it later.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Yeah i made that thread. But still i dont find it possible, simply because, you also need 1 frame to let go of block, or something like that right ? Plus its even harder to do it if you crouch block the TKP. If my assumptions are correct, then IATU cannot punish TKP.
It's just not possible because afaik there's a small window after you jump where you can't do air specials.

That's why if you do IATU too fast you get a jump kick, or instant air gas blasts too fast you get a jump back punch.

I'm assuming it's to prevent instant air fireballs from being just too good.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Hmm you make a point. Still the move looks too quick to be more than 16 frames. Think about it, Scorpion's B2 is 18 frames are we really saying this move is slower than that (wishful thinking that it's not lol). We'll see what he says. For now I'm assuming my punishes based on it being a 16 frame move. I'll make changes if need be.
I was going to explain it further but Chef explained it.

Remember instant air teleport may look fast but that's because you're seeing many quick changes that add up. Such as the quick jump, then the quick disappearance of Sektor and then the quick reappearance of Sektor. So when I thought it through it made sense.

PS: If we had an 8 frame teleport we'd be OP. Kabal and Liu Kang's instant air fireballs wouldn't be safe. And I'd blow up lows like if I was Sonya with that sh*t.

Oh, and Chef is piece of sh*t for deceiving me and being so konfident about something he wasn't even sure about.

NKZero

Noob
I was going to explain it further but Chef explained it.

Remember instant air teleport may look fast but that's because you're seeing many quick changes that add up. Such as the quick jump, then the quick disappearance of Sektor and then the quick reappearance of Sektor. So when I thought it through it made sense.

PS: If we had an 8 frame teleport we'd be OP. Kabal and Liu Kang's instant air fireballs wouldn't be safe. And I'd blow up lows like if I was Sonya with that sh*t.

Oh, and Chef is piece of sh*t for deceiving me and being so konfident about something he wasn't even sure about.
Chef always stirring up problems in the kitchen!! Dammit Chef!

What's wrong with Sektor being OP? He's the leader of the Lin Kuei ffs....HE NEEDZ IT! As I said I'll make the necessary changes later. It doesn't change what he can anti-zone but it changes what he can punish on block.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Chef always stirring up problems in the kitchen!! Dammit Chef!

What's wrong with Sektor being OP? He's the leader of the Lin Kuei ffs....HE NEEDZ IT! As I said I'll make the necessary changes later. It doesn't change what he can anti-zone but it changes what he can punish on block.
True dat...

He needs B2 to be 10 frames (or faster) so I kan punish D1's for Free like Liu Kang and Jax. And so I kan agree with Tyrant next time he tells me it's easy to full kombo punish D1's with Sektor.

NKZero

Noob
True dat...

He needs B2 to be 10 frames (or faster) so I kan punish D1's for Free like Liu Kang and Jax. And so I kan agree with Tyrant next time he tells me it's easy to full kombo punish D1's with Sektor.
B3 is ur best chance of full combo punishing D1's but at 12 frames that doesn't cut it unfortunately. B2 is useful for whiff punishing pokes though, especially with the max range F2 set-up.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
B3 is ur best chance of full combo punishing D1's but at 12 frames that doesn't cut it unfortunately. B2 is useful for whiff punishing pokes though, especially with the max range F2 set-up.
Yeah. I'm not doing B3.

If I duck expecting a poke, and then B3 I get negative edge up missile. Of kourse I kan stand block D1's but I don't want to give them a free D3 or D4.

I have a few theories on blowing up pokes that I've been thinking of. B2 included like you mentioned. I just don't trust the range a lot of times so I should start using it until I'm komfortable I guess.

Espio

Kokomo
What d'you mean add the jump frames. iaTU is 16 frames when done at it's quickest i.e. quick jump cancelled into the TU. I guess if you are slightly off it can run into the region of 21 frames or so. Realistically there are some things on my list that cannot be punished because it's really hard to do so but it's worth mentioning. Gives me something to practice. I'd say anything -22 or -23 or above is easy with practice to punish with iaTU. Stuff like TKP (as you mentioned), rising karma, blade charge etc. may be a little harder.

Espio I think with Stryker's gun shot it's a little hard to punish and I think when cancelled he is safe. That move is a little hard to react to. Be careful with grenades I guess...as for Jade well yeah, it sucks. Nothing game changing, it's not like zoning was her key to victory anyways. Since when d'you play Baraka? :cool:
It's definitely hard to punish/react to gun shot and on block you can't do anything about it.

Usually the only way it get iatU is if you get too greedy with your zoning(keep trying to zone at a disadvantage) , which would make your gun shot whiff or come out too late and get punished. Of course I'm not saying this is the only scenario where you can get a teleport uppercut on him.

I don't really zone Sektor with grenades, I sneak in some in on rare instances, but I mostly just play a strong spacing game against him.

Yeah, it's definitely not a big deal for Jade, she zones with her ranged normals/specials as opposed to her boomerangs, but definitely good info to know :).

I play all the fishies except for Nightwolf and CSZ, I've played Baraka on and off, but moreso in the past week cause I wanted to drop Kitana and learn someone new.

NKZero

Noob
It's definitely hard to punish/react to gun shot and on block you can't do anything about it.

Usually the only way it get iatU is if you get too greedy with your zoning(keep trying to zone at a disadvantage) , which would make your gun shot whiff or come out too late and get punished. Of course I'm not saying this is the only scenario where you can get a teleport uppercut on him.

I don't really zone Sektor with grenades, I sneak in some in on rare instances, but I mostly just play a strong spacing game against him.

Yeah, it's definitely not a big deal for Jade, she zones with her ranged normals/specials as opposed to her boomerangs, but definitely good info to know :).

I play all the fishies except for Nightwolf and CSZ, I've played Baraka on and off, but moreso in the past week cause I wanted to drop Kitana and learn someone new.
Pick up Sektor, he sucks.

So we are looking at 21 frames minimum when executed with robotic precision? I stand by my stance that it's not worth it most of the time. I would rather take 29 frames all of the time then maybe 21 frames some times with the risk of cocking things up completely and getting blown up.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
So we are looking at 21 frames minimum when executed with robotic precision? I stand by my stance that it's not worth it most of the time. I would rather take 29 frames all of the time then maybe 21 frames some times with the risk of cocking things up completely and getting blown up.
8 Frames is a big difference. Imagine adding 8 frames to the start up of any other move...

6 Frame Jab? Nope 14!

12 Frame Low? Nope 20!

Think about it. Even if you're 3 frames off on your instants you're still doing better by 5 frames.