What's new

Strategy Maximing Corner Damage while keeping set ups.

ryublaze

Noob
Did you try EX Sliding him or jump kicking them after these setups? 212 iceball 222 clone puts the clone in perfect position for both of those options.

Also I posted this combo a long time ago: 214 iceball sweep (whiff) 222 clone which does more damage and still gives the same setup as the above combo. IIRC Brady said to never do this combo...still not sure why though.

Seapeople

This one's for you
These could be worth using against characters like Kitana who you need to back up and put the clone out rather than keeping your jumpkick/ex slide options. Against most characters though, I personally tend to only use combos which allow for the jumpkicks/ex slide or give me full damage by ending with a slide. Here are the most damaging combos I know of that set up these options:

jip 212~freeze, 222
jip 224~freeze, 222
jip 224~freeze, 4, 214 (the clone can only be stuffed here by tech roll into wakeup)

ryublaze

Noob
Wtf are you even talking about. I am not discussing set ups and strategy past this set up.
I'm talking about the 212 clone on block setup. Doing 212 ice ball 222 clone gives the same setup as a 212 clone on block because you can EX Slide and jump kick the opponent into the clone.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Of course these combos are character based. I thought this was already known. Sorry i didn't mention something I thought was well known in the video.
You'd be surprised. If you thought they were character specific it could be worth explaining in the video. I'm not saying the combos are bad, just adding detail to the discussion. No need to go all Muffinmuggers :p

MK_Salivial

MK Mad Decent
You'd be surprised. If you thought they were character specific it could be worth explaining in the video. I'm not saying the combos are bad, just adding detail to the discussion. No need to go all Muffinmuggers :p
No way bro, appreciate your input. Constructive criticism is underrated. Will take this note and further implement in future videos. Thanks bro.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i don't know all of subzero's corner trap options.....what are they all?

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
i don't know all of subzero's corner trap options.....what are they all?
Check out the thread that I made for Tom Brady's videos here in the Sub-Zero forum. Included in there are the numerous Bradycasts that he made to show us all of those corner traps.

I think that it's about an hour's worth of video total, so get yo popcorn ready! :)

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Check out the thread that I made for Tom Brady's videos here in the Sub-Zero forum. Included in there are the numerous Bradycasts that he made to show us all of those corner traps.

I think that it's about an hour's worth of video total, so get yo popcorn ready! :)
Or you can just be ignorant and goto jail.

Getting 222 Clone setups that will actually prevent characters from being able to do certain things is far more important than maximizing a percent or two, but still good shit nonetheless.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
It's like you completely missed the point of the video. This is about KEEPING those set ups AND maximizing damage. Jesus Christ some people...
The 4 and the 2's maximize the damage but it gets you a different setup. I thought Brady explained that without the 4 the clone can be setup much closer to the opponent, eliminating certain wake ups.