What's new

Mavado glitch(?) - combo breaker

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I’m sure this has probably been posted somewhere else, but Mavado has a pseudo combo breaker available for just 1 kameo bar.
Any time Mavado’s opponent is in hit stun and aerial, he can be activated. This includes when Mavado’s opponent uses a kameo move to sequence break, and the player that has Mavado as a kameo is in hit stun.

For example, using Janet to get a throw combo with Li Mei, the opponent can use Mavado to interrupt as soon as Janet knocks Li Mei down, allowing her to no longer get a combo.

Mavado’s f+k is able to be buffered slightly, so you can just mash f+k if you ever get launched by a sequence break.

This can be used any time there is a sequence break that launches.

Some examples:
  • most throw combos with Janet
  • Most throw combo with Mavado mine
  • most interrupts with Darrius
  • most interrupts with tremor ground pound
  • any throw into frost tracking freeze
  • reiko command grab combos
What is particularly frustrating is that this will most of the time hit your kameo and cause them to go into cool-down. So essentially they’re getting a free (damaging) combo breaker for being launched.

I don’t know if this is intended, but it’s stupid and breaks the fundamentals of the game.

EDIT:
The glitch would be the fact that Mavado can be used when the user is in active hit stun (something no other kameo can do).

Last edited: