What's new

Match vs Liu Kang

Evrain

Noob
Hey again guys,

So I just had a match vs a guy called ppmoney (those of you on the EU server may of played him) who used Liu Kang. I knew he is pretty good at him, so I decided to play it safe and try keep some distance with ias and throwing in a random tele kick/ball rolls when I saw the opportunity to whilst also utilising d4. On the second match that I won he just ragequitted and told me that "i dont do combos and i power fight".

Why is it that people think huge flashy combos are everything? I mean, I could of attempted to do a big combo, but I didn't want to get too close to a rushdown character like Liu Kang as his low starter combos are quite annoying and quite punishing. Most of my small combos were follow ups from tele kick -> ball roll or just ball roll which I think did good enough for me. Or maybe I am wrong?

zoning and then when he starts doing the same telekick and then jump punch+combo
i never lose to liu.s
or zoning when ur meter is ok do an enhanced telekick which is pretty much safe.then airsai and back do the same :)

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
mileena zoining is better but i find it a bit risky against kung
if i sai he low fireballs, same if i iasai, it misses him ,i might dogde the low or get hit on way down
or we trade iasai for iafireball
he knows how to punish both teles even with a added sai
or i mess up 1 roll or tele im eatin a 38% combo that leaves me in the corner,to be raped by mixup

if i play the pressure game, i find only really my sweeps,d4,d3 and sweep to roll are useful as the u4 game is stopped by parry

im talking offline by the way,

i also main baraka and play reptile?(mileena my 2nd main) would they serve my better against kang?