What's new

Martian Manhunter - Set-ups using Push Blocking into Orbs by REO

REO

Undead
REO appears to have a new main and he has brought more strategy to the table for Martian Manhunter players. In this video, REO demonstrates push-blocking set-ups using Martian Mahunter's orbs. In involves making the opponent attack you after an orb is placed only for you to push-block them back in to the orb. It's a very smart set-up and could very help any Martian Manhunter playing put mind-games in the arena.

edited by STORMS*

Attachments

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Neat. What a balanced character... :rolleyes:
Could you please just stop?
It stopped being funny 3 threads ago.

This thing is great, but if you actually watched the video (which I doubt, since you've been ignoring the replies of a 1000 people way better than you telling you why your points make no sense in other threads), you need 2 bars, and you don't get full damage. As reo said, it's situational, and you're using 2 bars for 20% damage. So please stop with the "unbalanced character" shit, it's really getting in everyone's nerves.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Its nifty, but using Bane as the training dummy isn't the best choice since he can just ignore pushblock in general. :|
As far as using meter goes, couldn't you just use the raw orb? One of my favorite set-ups is doing a block string into close orb and then just backdashing the punish. If they chase you down, you can push them back into it, and if they run you basically get some free distance.

Could you please just stop?

It stopped being funny 3 threads ago.
Yeah!! In That thread he made about nerfing MMH he points stuff like best wake ups in the entire game and free 80% resets:)lmfao
Doesn't know shit about the character, haven't spent a second learning him or learning the mu against him in that wonderful training mode and posts a thread about nerfing him on the second week MMH is out!!!!!!WTF????

Icebaby

Ice Queen
which I doubt, since you've been ignoring the replies of a 1000 people way better than you
Sheesh. Really now? Was that necessary? :rolleyes:

And MMH needs 2 bars... Since when does MMH not have meter? Not trolling but being sincere here because MMH meter building is disgusting...

Lex eletric mine is hard to get out and not spammy like MMH light bulbs.

And to the poster who said Joker, I'll believe it when I see it. I come across many skilful Joker players and they do not push block me into full combos...

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

And MMH needs 2 bars... Since when does MMH not have meter? Not trolling but being sincere here because MMH meter building is disgusting...

Lex eletric mine is hard to get out and not spammy like MMH light bulbs.

And to the poster who said Joker, I'll believe it when I see it. I come across many skilful Joker players and they do not push block me into full combos...

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Yes. I don't know you, I have never seen you play, but I'd like to. FT10 to see if you're really legit, or just another online warrior not knowing how to play the game.

What character do you use? KF? A KF player complaining about something being "broken"? Please tell me you don't play KF.
Really? I mean really? That's your counterargument? "He builds meter pretty fast"?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Yes. I don't know you, I have never seen you play, but I'd like to. FT10 to see if you're really legit, or just another online warrior not knowing how to play the game.

What character do you use? KF? A KF player complaining about something being "broken"? Please tell me you don't play KF.

Really? I mean really? That's your counterargument? "He builds meter pretty fast"?

cossna mah nikka, leave the uneducate to descend and drown upon the ocean of shit they make things to be

cossna mah nikka, leave the uneducate to descend and drown upon the ocean of shit they make things to be
I used to think like that, but such uneducates are the reason for a shitload of nerf threads. And it is dangerous for the overall balance of the game which we all gonna have to play. So we will drown in their shit ad well! That is why I beleive Cossner is trying to talk sense into that fool!!

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Isn't there a way to set up a non MB orb to get the same result? I assume there is some recovery before either player can do anything after a push block happens so a non MB set up should be possible. Also, is there a way to set up a throw so that they either eat the throw, or get hit by a non MB orb if they tech?