What's new

[Mar 9, 2013] Ultimate Gaming Spot Fighting Game Tournament (MK9, AE, MvC, TTT2, DOA) (Boston, MA)

CRUM

Noob
1st Fighting Game Tourney at NEW LOCATION!

Fees $5 Venue $10 main titles

Pot Payout:

+10 players 70% 1st place, 20% 2nd place, 10% 3rd.

Under 10 players 80% 1st, 20% 2nd

Games (Main Titles) to be played Double Elimination 2/3 sets with Finals at 3/5 (UMVC3 3/5 All):

Mortal Kombat 9 1pm (PS3)
Dead Or Alive 5 2pm system TBD
Street Fighter X Tekken 2pm (Xbox 360)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 3pm (PS3)
SSF4 AE 2012 4:30pm (Xbox 360)
UMVC3 5:30pm (Xbox 360)

Possible Side tournaments (Someone will have to volunteer to run but set up and games available) Entry determined by T.O.:

King Of Fighters 13 (360)
Skullgirls (Ps3)
Persona 4 Arena (ps3,360)
Virtua Fighter 5 FS (ps3.360)
Soul Calibur 5 (Ps3,360)
Capcom Vs Snk 2 (PS2,Dreamcast)
SF3:3rd Strike (PS2,360,PS3)
Project Justice (Dreamcast)
Jojo's Bizarre (Dreamcast)
Darkstalkers Collection (PS2)

B.Y.O.C or Rent controller/stick from Venue

Any questions call Greg 857.249.5188 or post up.

Please confirm if your coming ASAP as I would like make things run as smoothly as possible for everyone

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
I think i'm more likely to go to this one than the one in the end of the month. But it's a 5 hours train ride and I have to see how much it will be. I may even have to spend a night there or something. I don't know. Either way, i'm trying to make at least one of them in March.

Edit: gonna take greyhound bus. Cheaper and Quicker this way so I don't have to get up too early.

I'll do what I can to be at at least one of these march things, but the college process and school work is kicking my ass, I haven't even touched MK in months, out of respect for the NE MK community I'll try to make it out and enter these things, but as of right now my gaming heart is in LoL and Smash Bros, who knows though, maybe something will spark at one of these :p

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
I'll do what I can to be at at least one of these march things, but the college process and school work is kicking my ass, I haven't even touched MK in months, out of respect for the NE MK community I'll try to make it out and enter these things, but as of right now my gaming heart is in LoL and Smash Bros, who knows though, maybe something will spark at one of these :p
yeah, I dont play much these days either. Honestly, I dont play any other games besides MK. . . Good luck in all your applications (PS, go engineering, dat $$$ haha)

yeah, I dont play much these days either. Honestly, I dont play any other games besides MK. . . Good luck in all your applications (PS, go engineering, dat $$$ haha)
Haha thanks for the tip, I'll put some thought in to it!
For your own safety I can't recommend League of Legends, it is the most addictive game I have ever played.

JacopeX

Ok im going, but i'll get to Boston around 11:40AM so I will be a tad late.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
Yeah...I'm all set with this game. Between the problems that have with the game itself, and the lack of regular casuals in this community, it's too frustrating to play it. If there were regular casuals and I felt like we could all level up on the regular, I might consider playing it, but since that's not the case...I feel like it only serves to take up time and energy that is not well spent. I'm just going to focus on Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core...and maybe pick up Street Fighter X Tekken, King of Fighters XIII, or Skullgirls again.

I'm planning to be at UGS for this tournament, but I don't intend to enter or play Mortal Kombat. Sorry! Good luck to everyone who is still playing, and to those who will be entering at this event.

Yeah...I'm all set with this game. Between the problems that have with the game itself, and the lack of regular casuals in this community, it's too frustrating to play it. If there were regular casuals and I felt like we could all level up on the regular, I might consider playing it, but since that's not the case...I feel like it only serves to take up time and energy that is not well spent. I'm just going to focus on Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core.

I'm planning to be at UGS for this tournament, but I don't intend to enter or play Mortal Kombat. Sorry! Good luck to everyone who is still playing, and to those who will be entering at this event.
Sucks man, but I definitely understand. If I lived closer to Boston or didn't have school to worry about so much, I would definitely attend weekly casuals. We have lots of good players in New England, but it's too bad we're just all over the place haha.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
Sucks man, but I definitely understand. If I lived closer to Boston or didn't have school to worry about so much, I would definitely attend weekly casuals. We have lots of good players in New England, but it's too bad we're just all over the place haha.
Yeah...it's too bad indeed. If MK were the only game that I played competitively, maybe I'd just tough it out or something, but since I play two others, and because there are several more that I'm interested in, it doesn't feel like I should.

Yeah...it's too bad indeed. If MK were the only game that I played competitively, maybe I'd just tough it out or something, but since I play two others, and because there are several more that I'm interested in, it doesn't feel like I should.
Yeah, when I stop having fun with a game I just stop playing it, there's really no reason to if you aren't having fun. You gonna try out Injustice? Personally I'm gonna hold off on it for the first couple of weeks.

JacopeX

It's a shame. Most people are misfortune enough to not have competition near by to play casuals and level up.

Example, I'm not focused on Melee at all nor do I take it seriously but the reason why i'm so good at it (for a guy who is not focused on the game) is because I play twice every week with a group of people who are good at the game and are trying to get better/win hence creating competition and leveling me up/maintaining that skill. Point is, there's really no reason to play a game you want to play competitively if you have no one to keep giving you a reason to get better whether you like the game or not. I really love this game and I spend more time in training mode and watching videos of high level play than playing online now days. The only time I feel like I can get a chance to play you guys are at tournaments and I did learn a lot that one time I met you guys and I found it helpful and encouraging hence why i'm willing to go across the state just to go at it again. And i'm sure the same can apply to the other games I play. Again, it's a shame there is no one in my area interested in playing the game above a certain level so I can get practice but i'll keep trying with what I have and it's a shame other people are in the same situation as I am.

I may have not met you or I probably did, but either way hope everything goes well for you in GG and AE. Good luck.

CRUM

Noob
See but the difference between me and blueNINE is that he does it for more than just fun. We get that the game is broken and all this business, but I go to these locals and majors to support the scene and to meet new people. Honestly if I felt you guys were douchebags I wouldn't go to any of these locals, nor would I promote these tournaments on TYM. MK is probably the most fun I've had in quite a while playing video games. And as intense the competition can be and as upset I get when I lose, I take it all as a learning experience and try to improve my gameplay each time out. Alex wants to quit and that's fine, but if you don't like the game and think it's broke, why would you even play it in the first place? I've told Alex before that he's obviously more than welcomed to join in on any of our casual get-togethers, but if you want to be done playing the game then so be it.