What's new

Manually change input for moves

Most of the inputs in the game make sense, but some don't and some could be better. For example, a crucial part of Jade's game is to turn on flash and glow on the fly, but the b,f,3 input is usually messed up and you put in b,d,f,3 instead, which is the boomerang. Another and more profound example is Cyber Sub's ice ball. If you want to use the 3 button at all after dashing, forget it. Negative edge will cause that you'll throw a bomb instead of whatever combo your going for. (ps. I know there are little trick to make this work like pressing back immediately after dashing so to counter the bomb input, but you shouldn't have to put up with it.)

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Option selects galore!

Instead of changing the inputs, just give an option to turn off negative edge. Put it in the same section the button config will be(hopefully at the character select screen) so each player can have what they want.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Most of the inputs in the game make sense, but some don't and some could be better. For example, a crucial part of Jade's game is to turn on flash and glow on the fly, but the b,f,3 input is usually messed up and you put in b,d,f,3 instead, which is the boomerang. Another and more profound example is Cyber Sub's ice ball. If you want to use the 3 button at all after dashing, forget it. Negative edge will cause that you'll throw a bomb instead of whatever combo your going for. (ps. I know there are little trick to make this work like pressing back immediately after dashing so to counter the bomb input, but you shouldn't have to put up with it.)
I had a dream when I was nine that I was giving a speech in front of my fourth grade class completely naked.

You started a thread to tell the whole of the forum that you lack the most basic execution skills and don't want to get better because you shouldn't have to.

This is the video game version of my dream from ten years ago; rest assured we are all pointing and laughing. Except ZombiePenguin. He's not.

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
I had a dream when I was nine that I was giving a speech in front of my fourth grade class completely naked.

You started a thread to tell the whole of the forum that you lack the most basic execution skills and don't want to get better because you shouldn't have to.

This is the video game version of my dream from ten years ago; rest assured we are all pointing and laughing.
No we're not

are you saying you want to manually change the button inputs for any move you want? because that will never happen.
Good point, or so I thought so at first. Please at least listen to what I have to say.
Let's say you have a hitbox, now matter what button combination you have to input, it's probably going to be pretty easy, Since Mk9 and probably Mk10 is more designed for consul gamers who used a pad. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that you were trying to show how allowing players to manually change move inputs would make players well.... op-ed or whatever since then you can whip out specials out of nowhere or spam it. I don't think that's really a problem. Let's say i'm playing a kano who can spam his ball attacks with little to no difficulties. If you know he's spamming it, why don't you just block and punish?