What's new

MAME-NEED HELP properly mapping controls

Dank_Sinatra

Comfortably Numb
I noticed upon basic setup, the game does not recognize block if you're holding run. This is something I am quite accustomed to; using block as a brake pedal while rushing down on an enemy. Is there a way to set up a custom block button #2 that will respond to RUN+BLOCK? I want to be able to CANCEL run with the block button.

I understand that I'll have to edit the code i'm just unsure of what command to use and where to use it.

I'm on a ps2 pad.

Last edited:

Dank_Sinatra

Comfortably Numb
I noticed upon basic setup, the game does not recognize block if you're holding run. This is something I am quite accustomed to; using block as a brake pedal while rushing down on an enemy. Is there a way to set up a custom block button #2 that will respond to RUN+BLOCK? I want to be able to CANCEL run with the block button.

I understand that I'll have to edit the code i'm just unsure of what command to use and where to use it.

I'm on a ps2 pad.

Solved the problem.

For whatever reason, both the Ps2 and XB360 failed to cancel run ONLY for the ZAXIS POS and NEG triggers more commonly referred to as the back triggers or R2 and L2. The front triggers had no problems canceling run upon blocking yet the back triggers did. Strangeness.