What's new

General/Other Making Skarlet Unique

Briyen

Noob
Skarlet is my favorite female character, but does anyone else find her underwhelming considering her background? especially her specials.

"A Female Ninja addicted to Blood, fused by Blood."

The imagination runs wild with possibilities, but all we got were great daggers.

I still love her, yet love is blind. After seeing that tentacle fatality, i hope in the future installment shes some Constantly Bleeding Female Carnage (from spider-man).

Her New Specials:
1)Ground blood tentacles, either traps she can lay down or a grab.
2)A blood sucking ability for life gain, or just by walking along bloody ground.
3)Spiked blood coming out all over her body, a type of parry or guard
4)A bloody dive kick :p

Anyone else feel this way? What are some of your ideas??:rolleyes:

ryublaze

Noob
I always wished her EX Teleport would drain life cuz I used to think she was biting her opponent lol.

And this isn't a new special idea, but I think it would have made more sense if the last 2 hits of F3, 1, 2 were overheads (F3, 3 low/overhead mixup).

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
it does! hah, is there any reason to do an enhanced tele btw? RedRaptor10

speaking of buffs, yeah faster starting normals!
There's only one reason that's unique to this special. I'll have to make a video explaining it though - it forces a block and nullifies wakeups in a specific corner scenario.

Briyen

Noob
There's only one reason that's unique to this special. I'll have to make a video explaining it though - it forces a block and nullifies wakeups in a specific corner scenario.
i cant wait for it! skarlet videos are teh best, i want more recognition for her, since shes the only new kharacter i want her to be well known, make her a classic 10 years from now

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
skarlet is fine the way she is, the only thing she needs a new voice actor.......dat scream kills me
if she had thoughts red tentacle things for specials it would be tight tho

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
She should have a ground teleport, similar to her fatality where she flows under the ground, make it forwards and backwards, and make it track the opponent like kung lao/raiden, then make her cancel her first dagger recovery with a teleport, and you get some nice block traps with dagger-porting if they block, and get fucked over if they jump or avoid the dagger.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
As far as being unique goes, I think MK does a damn good job of making each character special. Its not to say that other games don't do that, but I think as far as the WHOLE roster of the game is concerned, each character brings something different to the table.

Inb4 "wtf are you talking about? All fighting games do that with each character". Take sf for example. We got Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Dan, Sakura, and Sagat. They're all different, but their moves are all shared with one another. Inb4 "sf >mk nooblet" - I don't have a problem with sf, just pointing out the difference I see.

ryublaze

Noob
After playing Naruto, I really wished Skarlet could throw daggers during her Red Dash or regular dash cuz in Naruto they can throw kunais while running.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Having a simple story isn't a bad thing. To me she was born from the spilt blood of fallen wariors, and has become a monster on the loose consumed with the task at hand, murder... In my mind she becomes stronger than those who came before her, and could be the boss or anti-hero. Her character is a lot like Anton Chgurh in No Country for Old Men, a person driven insane by the task at hand, that ends up being a force of power and evil beyond the original intention.

Her story is great, her moves are also great, if her playstyle changed for an MK10 I WOULD BE ROYALLY PISSED

OriginalRazer

Kombat Konnoisseur
Bloody ground teleport sounds good.
I like her voice (except death scream) and image fine.

Love her story.

NRS KEEP THIS KHARACTER FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

All the best,
RAZER

Briyen

Noob
After playing Naruto, I really wished Skarlet could throw daggers during her Red Dash or regular dash cuz in Naruto they can throw kunais while running.
Ninja storm 2??

i like her story and everything i just wish for better specials, i like her ninja-like normals, maybe the awkward dagger throw in air i guess i would change too, it looks like shes is just standing in air, she should be flipping like Ibuki

Are you ever going to go to a tournament and show off Skarlet?? after april 29th I will try my best at learn her but its like learning the game from scrap since i will have to switch triangle button for X button to make the combos where 2 buttons need to be hitted at same time ( something I hate) but I will give her a try shes really cool.