What's new

Strategy - Thunder God LRC pressure strings and mixups

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
ive found that the longer I play against any given opponent with relative skill, the more they respect raidens strings by not waking up and waiting in case i do a df2 after a sparks(hold 2) string.

Because of this I see the opportunity to add a mixup game on top of his 50/50 using LRC, for example:

1. 21LRC- once people respect 214 you can do 21LRC and if they're blocking do either b2 or b32, if they're hit you can do 214df2EX which combos(21LRC 214)
2.b3LRC-this actually combos midscreen as well as in the corner if you do b3LRC 214df2EX although it is harder midscreen. If the b3 hits turn that into a combo but if they block you can leave the 214 at 21LRC again and continue pressure.

Whilst these cancels are interruptible it is very difficult and could result in them being caught by the full strings like 214 and b33 into full combos. I'll link a video I'll upload later to this thread demonstrating what I've written

I believe the mastery of these pressure cancels and others are how we can progress the character further and effectively utilise run midscreen especially like scorpion has in hellfire and Liu Kang has in dragons fire.

.Solo.

Noob
usually i just do a down 1 and go into a mix up and that works well. I think his fireball cancel is too slow to be able to do stuff like hellfire scorpion's 3 cancel blockstring.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
usually i just do a down 1 and go into a mix up and that works well. I think his fireball cancel is too slow to be able to do stuff like hellfire scorpion's 3 cancel blockstring.
I prefer his d3 which is kind of a godlike poke, also yeah he doesn't have any guaranteed block strings like scorpion has but it is hard to poke out of 21LRC f12b2(hold) since f1 comes out so fast.

Noob question. LRC, do you just do the forward forward dash or do you need to press block as well? The cancels confuse me it just seems to slow. It's probably just me though..

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
TG raiden pressure- Think this might be genuine Raiden pressure not sure if its already been posted but its very spacing specific.
And stops heavy reliance on F1 also beats pokes.

F2 B11 LRC B11 DF2
on a read follow up with ex DF2 - if the opponent back dashes DB3 ex full combo punish.