What's new

LOW PROFILING JUMP INS

Xev

Noob
Only thing of note is probably taking off Kotals jump in 1 from there, low profiling that or even d2'ing that at times is usually just a bad idea. Kinda depends on spacing and your characters d2 on that beast.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
When I used Tanya, I used her low drill of however it's called and it was an amazing AA, it works just like Mileena's roll but she needs to spend a bar for a combo.
If you dont want to burn meter you can also use d1. JIKs and some JIPs stuff it but everything else gets AA'd for a 20% combo. Its riskier but sometimes worth it. I also use EX rekkas sometimes because I find it is easier to judge than trying to EX drill kick it, but thats just me.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Because everyone did it week 1 and learned how to blow it up by week 2.
Who? They only ones I know that have been talking about it is Kitana players and I've seen it mentioned like twice by others. And how do you blow it up? Other than using a jump normal that beats it.

And I'm not saying this is the best way to stop jumps I'm just throwing out another way out of like 5 to stop jumps

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Who? They only ones I know that have been talking about it is Kitana players and I've seen it mentioned like twice by others. And how do you blow it up? Other than using a jump normal that beats it.

And I'm not saying this is the best way to stop jumps I'm just throwing out another way out of like 5 to stop jumps
Literally most jump kicks. Characters with absurd air normals like SZ and Scorpion. Hell, Scorpion gets a full combo out of you trying to low profile it lol. It's inconsistent and it only lands like half the time. At least with Reptile' D4. Watch old footage of CDjr's stream and you'll see us trying to do it. Armoring or njping ended up being 110% more reliable.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
When I used Tanya, I used her low drill of however it's called and it was an amazing AA, it works just like Mileena's roll but she needs to spend a bar for a combo.
Drill is slow, unsafe and not even good as a wakeup so it might as well be good for that, lol. Careful though, you can get jump kicked out of it. I don't know why you can't combo off of the normal one, with how shitty it is as a move in itself.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Drill is slow, unsafe and not even good as a wakeup so it might as well be good for that, lol. Careful though, you can get jump kicked out of it. I don't know why you can't combo off of the normal one, with how shitty it is as a move in itself.
I used to AA with it all the time. It's a poor man's version of Mileena's roll, but still ok.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I used to AA with it all the time. It's a poor man's version of Mileena's roll, but still ok.
Yeah wish NRS didn't make characters with one strong point and several meh tools and then ruined the good tool in a patch 'cuz of whiners but meh. She needed that nerf just yknow, no compensation.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yeah wish NRS didn't make characters with one strong point and several meh tools and then ruined the good tool in a patch 'cuz of whiners but meh. She needed that nerf just yknow, no compensation.
But she is still a top 5 character... Lol.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Actually w ur help u can help me finish a video

I wanna expose this "there's no aa in mkx" crap

I'm gonna make a thread asking which character can't aa xyz character .

Any come to mind people complain about and who complains?
IMO:

It's not about characters not being able to anti-air in most general cases, it's about characters not being able to anti-air certain characters jump normals, like Lao's PHANTOM jump two, Kung Jin's jump 2, Ferra/Torr's Vicious NJP,
and, to a lesser extent, Kotal's jump 1, among maybe a few others.
Once you do startto anti-air Lao, he can present a divekick that will beat the startup of my anti-air normals, even if he isn't using the GHOST J2 hitbox from 4/5ths screen, no exaggeration, for instant plus frames and potential jailing.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Also you can easily backdash or dash to tripguard and punish. It's a great option if you're going against a character with a strong jumpin or if you have weak AA.

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Something to add to the conversation is some characters d3/4s's recover fast enough to low profile jump in's and let you punish the opponents landing frames.

Example: Mileena's d3 to low pro the jump in, then roll/21/123 to punish landing frames.
Once you do startto anti-air Lao, he can present a divekick that will beat the startup of my anti-air normals, even if he isn't using the GHOST J2 hitbox from 4/5ths screen, no exaggeration, for instant plus frames and potential jailing.
Which is why divekicks are so good. They alter jump arcs and create unorthodox footsie/zoning scenarios. Get use to them. There's a reason why they are pretty godlike tools.

Last edited:

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
Not enough people doing stuff like run under AA for stuff like Sub/Scorp Jump in Kicks or Kotal J1.
That's because unless you're looking for that one particular scenario you won't be able to react in time to it. A player with good fundamentals will make you switch your focus to something else then jump when you're not anticipating it.

haketh

Noob
That's because unless you're looking for that one particular scenario you won't be able to react in time to it. A player with good fundamentals will make you switch your focus to something else then jump when you're not anticipating it.
Hence why you learn to recognize those situations yeah you're not going to always be able to do it but you can do it pretty consistently.