What's new

Low Profiling 1,2 into B2 Frame Trap

1,2 is +3 on block,
B1 is 9 frames and hits mid (but has limited range)

Toe to toe, B1 should beat or trade with any attack in the game, but that is not the case

When fighting a character with a poking animation that leans their head back (out of the way of Liu's B1), their D3 will win despite being slower when accounting for frame advantage. There are further inconsistencies based on initial block state. Haven't tested every character yet but this looks like its going to be a mess to memorize when its done.

image reference:
"SB" stand block, "CB" crouch block
"Midscreen Far" means I only blocked the "2" in 1,2 because the 1 didn't reach me. The range can be replicated by simply getting hit by a B1 and having the AI continue to loop without dashing or moving. This is not low profiling, B1 doesn't have enough range to connect here.

Attachments

Last edited:

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Think b2 is 12 frames start up. Which with the plus frames would trade with a 9 frame and beat anything above.

Parasurama

Dragon
1,2 is +3 on block,
B2 is 9 frames and hits mid (but has limited range)

Toe to toe, B2 should beat or trade with any attack in the game, but that is not the case

When fighting a character with a poking animation that leans their head back (out of the way of Liu's B2), their D3 will win despite being slower when accounting for frame advantage. There are further inconsistencies based on initial block state. Haven't tested every character yet but this looks like its going to be a mess to memorize when its done.

image reference:
"SB" stand block, "CB" crouch block
"Midscreen Far" means I only blocked the "2" in 1,2 because the 1 didn't reach me. The range can be replicated by simply getting hit by a B2 and having the AI continue to loop without dashing or moving. This is not low profiling, B2 doesn't have enough range to connect here.
B1 *

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Wow, a response to a string is now enough to warrant a spreadsheet. That’s it, I’m done; I’m never going to be able to compete.