What's new

Low Pokes !!!!

Since the game has come out I've played with Cold for the first week and yes I found that it was indeed one of his weaknesses.

Not to say you can not play around getting low poked but many of your moves get stuffed by low pokes. Aside from f+2,3 all your strings start off high on the first hit so a low poke will low profile them.

If another player has any insight on how to shore up this weakness I would be happy to take some advice. As I haven't fully given up on this character yet. His mixups in the corner are real and he is super fun to play but getting pressure started in the neutral at 1 jump distance away can be quite difficult as low pokes can be quite vexing.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
He has other important moves that hit mid, neutral 3 can combo into wall for sure (maybe freeze) and uppercut can combo into wall.

You should be able to stuff a lot of lows with those movies, right? If not, I find just doing a raw wall can screw people up, it's damage is nothing to sneeze at.

is this real?

he can do his low poke into icewall, make ppl respect it

he is + after f2,3 I believe?

Last edited:

Pistola de plata

Speak of the devil and he shall appear
Yeah but it has hella long startup, it gets stuffed a LOT
It definitely gets stuffed but it is also a good stuffer. I normally throw F2-3 out if I see the opponent whiff a normal/string. Its his best standing counter footsie IMO. You holding back to block and walk just out of range of Super Girl B2? Bam you can stuff that string. I rarely throw it out at random though.