What's new

Low Poke into Ice Puddle

Am I the only Captain Cold main who thinks d1 into ice puddle should connect?

It's the punish that he needs. Supergirl and Green Arrow can connect freeze after their pokes. Why is Cold the only character that can't connect his freeze after d1. Also, his freeze is the only one that can be punished by every character, like c'mon.

His poke doesn't cover a lot of range like other pokes so I think poke into ice puddle is the kind of help CC needs. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

seveergg

The Elegant Swagger Beast
I can kind of agree however his puddle is also supposed to be a trap, not really like reaction. I mean sure its used in combos, but to be really real the best colds ive played dont use the puddle for anything much more than keeping an area in front of them safe basically removing the ability for you to walk them down. If his puddle didnt stay out as long as it does when mb i dont think itd be a big deal, but it does, so i kind of think its fine the way it is. Besides you can d1 into any other special and it works im pretty sure. Ccs needs are elsewhere imo

seveergg

True but i think the idea of captain cold is hes very keep away and setup heavy. So the idea is to not have to punish anything, and its very possible. If you play on xbox theres a guy called wetwork novella that mains cc and goddamn has he got his ranged game figured out. He makes me look like a fool sometimes. What ive noticed though is you can d1 into fb and the hit stun on his fb is actually enough for you to use that sexy backdash unpunishable and recover quick enough to put up a wall/go for another fb or get in the forward advancing normals into his puddle. But playing on the defensive is the best option for cc imo

I'm the complete opposite. I'm more rush down lol. I have a lot of success with d1 into close icesicle. If they respect it, it's still my turn and if they get hit it leads to full combo punish. If they hit me, the icesicle interrupts their combo about 90% of the time. I play rush down on just about everyone but Catwoman, Scarecrow, and Robin because they have further reaching normals than I have. That's when I play more defensive. What is fb? I want to see how I can implement that into my gameplay.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I'd rather have him better in different aspects to be honest.

Also superman can't connect MB freeze after d1 I think

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
I don't think it changes anything. CC gets enough options if he gets to brawl in a match.

give me ice double jump so I can go dumb like the rest of the cast.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
Am I the only Captain Cold main who thinks d1 into ice puddle should connect?

It's the punish that he needs. Supergirl and I think Superman can connect freeze after their pokes. So can Green Arrow. Why is Cold the only character that can't connect his freeze after d1. Also, his freeze is the only one that can be punished by every character, like c'mon.

His poke doesn't cover a lot of range like other pokes so I think poke into ice puddle is the kind of help CC needs. What do you guys think?
Superman can't

seveergg

Fb is fireball
Anything that comes out like a pronectile is a fb

Mbfb would be meterburn fb
Ive seen good cold rushdowns but i just feel the characters home is in the keepaway game. If youre on xbox though add me id love to get some sets in. Always down to learn, or in other words get my ass whooped haha.

Fb is fireball
Anything that comes out like a pronectile is a fb

Mbfb would be meterburn fb
Ive seen good cold rushdowns but i just feel the characters home is in the keepaway game. If youre on xbox though add me id love to get some sets in. Always down to learn, or in other words get my ass whooped haha.
Oh okay, good to know. Who is your main? What's your GT? Mines is "ii 2shay ii".

why use 3 over f2? it's a frame slower and can't be confirmed

I don't think bf1 is a good string ender, if it's blocked you're -9 and if it hits you're just plus with no damage.

f23 is 0 on block and you can hitconfirm it...

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Why are you so upset? You made the claim, not me. Stick to it.
You are aware that people can see you've edited your original post where you posted that superman could connect a freeze breath after d1 yes?

Also, I wasn't talking to you, look who I replied to.

You are aware that people can see you've edited your original post where you posted that superman could connect a freeze breath after d1 yes?

Also, I wasn't talking to you, look who I replied to.
No. I said I think he could, never claimed he did. And it's a thread, expect more than one response.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
why use 3 over f2? it's a frame slower and can't be confirmed

I don't think bf1 is a good string ender, if it's blocked you're -9 and if it hits you're just plus with no damage.

f23 is 0 on block and you can hitconfirm it...
on block you stand next to the opponent with F2/F23 Bf1. with 3 there is push back.