What's new

Love Mail

I get some love from the people I usually play with online.

I've had a few messages with people telling me my Sektor is awesome, etc... and occasionally another Sektor will want my help. I offer it, but it feels odd, as I am no where near as good as the Sektors I usually mirror.

The best mail I have ever received was from a damn near perfect Kitana complementing my Nightwolf, and how rare decent ones are.

I live in a pocket universe where player match is full of nothing but people looking for easy wins and 'go-to' kung lao players...lol

I doubt that if I had my privacy settings set to receive random messages, I wouldn't get love mail at all.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
HA! The bum is on TYM as well he said to me "if we take d4 away you are shit and will lose" i said to him "take out a move cuz u are shit? I found your weakness and exploited it" he replied with "how is a mechanic a weakness u dumb cunt? cant believe ur on tym forums nd still a noob"

Help me out guys, I want to send him some tips and love mail. How would a reptile get out?
nothing can actually interupt the D4, but after you've cancelled into ice clone (which I'm sure you did) it just becomes a game of reading. Sub will always have the advantage but thats his reward for getting Reptile in the corner, because Reptile pretty much wins midscreen.

Also, thanks zee, I really enjoy playing with you too haha. My scorpion play was pretty embarrasing yesterday though.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
Love mail? The lovliest thing I got said "CUNT".

Also, I think a Hate-Love mail thread should stickied here in general discussion or in online discussion, because you know, It's always fun to read others stories about those and no more topics about it would be made :)

wow i gotta play witj you guys then because i'll send love mail like great game, but then i get something like go f*** yourself" lol, or spammer, or cheater lol. the only love mail i ever gotten was even from mortal kombat (sorry to change subject) but in SSF4 A Guy tld me i was the best juri player he has played in a looooong time

doomfarmer

unorthodox
if I really destroy someone, even if they quit, I message them and try to give them tips on how to beat my character with their character.

Wish the people that beat my ass would do the same! haha

if I really destroy someone, even if they quit, I message them and try to give them tips on how to beat my character with their character.
I thought I was the only one. It's always nice to help someone out and help them get better. Then you have a good challenge waiting for you later on.

As for love mail, the best I've ever gotten was "LOL COMBO SPAMMER" :[

TrickyNick

Weather Man
I rarely EVER get any good mail. The only good mail i get is from the people of TYM that understand the game, and don't call one thing cheating or spamming. Im not kidding everyday i play online against randoms they send me hate mail nearly every single one of them do. Gets annoying after a while I mean how many GG to I have to send out to make people twitch after they get beat and complain about it.

Just off the top of my head I played a guy today told me I spammed good with reptile lol. So next match i pick Baraka he picks kung lao and I win..:7up:

TrickyNick

Weather Man
We need to make a list of all the trolls we run into online, and just hunt them down lol..Fatality them all..teabag all the nasty stuff. Message them saying "Don't F*** with TYM" lmao

I thought I was the only one. It's always nice to help someone out and help them get better. Then you have a good challenge waiting for you later on.

As for love mail, the best I've ever gotten was "LOL COMBO SPAMMER" :[
I never understood how someone could "spam" a bnb / combo.... scrubs online are retarded

Eight

I am the salt

Wish the people that beat my ass would do the same! haha
I wish I had the heart to do this.

I'm much too salty :(.

You're a good person, doom.

Eight

I am the salt
We need to make a list of all the trolls we run into online, and just hunt them down lol..Fatality them all..teabag all the nasty stuff. Message them saying "Don't F*** with TYM" lmao
I maintain a blacklist of gamertags.

You bring the hockey masks, I'll bring the sacks of door knobs.

I never understood how someone could "spam" a bnb / combo.... scrubs online are retarded
It made me tingle inside when someone told me that. It felt nice to be called a combo spammer and not just a spammer in general ( Since I use Kitana and she is a zoning character I get that a lot ). I think the best part is he felt like it was an insult, yet it was really a compliment.

edit - By 'spamming a combo', it simply means I hit him with my f21 combo for 40% damage probably 4-5x in a row, lol.

It made me tingle inside when someone told me that. It felt nice to be called a combo spammer and not just a spammer in general ( Since I use Kitana and she is a zoning character I get that a lot ). I think the best part is he felt like it was an insult, yet it was really a compliment.

edit - By 'spamming a combo', it simply means I hit him with my f21 combo for 40% damage probably 4-5x in a row, lol.
Lol I know what it meant, and I do see it more as a compliment. "Oh I spam combos? Thank you for your observation on me being able to do the same combo 10x in a row without dropping it, I really appreciate it :) "

Shiny

Buick LeSabrewulf
No love mail yet, but I played a 20 match set with a random PSNer online and we became friends afterwards. I guess that's as good as love mail.

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
Depends on which character I use... Cyrax is my main and he gets mixed results (lol). I'm far from great, but I do okay. Got this one today:
Best Cyrax I've seen & no gay resets.
Mileena and Jade are my alts and pretty much always get compliments. No hate mail for either, yet. Beat a Lao with Jade today and got:
Wow. I didn't think Jade was competitive at all. Changed my mind on that.
Of course, all I really did was bait and punish Spin and Staff Grab into every Tele.

And then there's Sheeva and Sindel ... my lovely, lovely trolls who generate more Salt than McDonald's ... so no Love Mail for Sindel ever, but Sheeves gets a bone every now and again.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I've had a few love mails which is always nice and try to send some too. I'm ashamed to say I have sent the odd rage mail, usually because I'm annoyed at myself for losing to basic tactics, or people that can only punish with an uppercut instead of a full combo. I'm trying to adopt the 'If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all' approach.

I've turned a few ragers around just by sending something nice back to them. People are nice generally, they just hate losing. :)

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I'm glad you have luck. Usually my advice gets a response such as "you suck" just in a drawn out unintelligent manner.
I had two guys add me as friends in the last week after initially raging at me. One eventually just said 'sorry mate I was just frustrated'. Kinda cool really...