What's new

LOTF Nightwolf matchup chart

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Is that 6-4 in Reptiles favour? If so, why would that be? I don't find Reptile that much of a problem with NW.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yea but being forced to have meter makes it tough. I always go back and forth with it. I'd say 5-5 now. But I don't see many reptiles anymore.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yea...maybe it's just me who has trouble with reptile...not sure where character limitations stop and my limit attains begin. When I played chris G at impact clash it went 2-1 him.

Mosp

Noob
I believe what makes the reptile match difficult for NW is the fact that it's very hard to get his footsies game started because reptiles usually like to do a slow force ball then elbow dash into down 4 + acid hand which makes it so NW can't reflect and takes the chip damage. This all depends on spacing however since the further reptile is the easier it is to reflect the forceball making him dash right into a combo. I think it's best to make him fear the reflect from full screen making him come to you which I believe NW wins the up close game.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Yea...maybe it's just me who has trouble with reptile...not sure where character limitations stop and my limit attains begin. When I played chris G at impact clash it went 2-1 him.
I find that when reptile is at dash distance he is useless. Slide and dash will be full punished, acid balls from that range are risky, and he has zero air control, along with shit anti airs. That's the key to hammering reptile.

Even always stand block his strings, as his acid hand over head on block will not push you outside dash distance again, so nothing changes for reptile, samee with slide, if it hits you and you don't tech roll, your still in the jump and dash distance. Reptiles goal is to get out of that distance and starting zoning.

When you don't let them get outside that distance then they are forced to improvise by spending meter on :en dash frame traps, but then reptile can be poked or uppercutted essily,and if you miss time the punish, reptile players will finish the combo with a slide and then he is stuck back in dash distance with less meter.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Right...I always try to space myself just inside dash distance...because dash has instant recovery if I'm just outside dash range then he gets free pressure...I'm I'm just inside dash range I can punish like you said.

It's just hard to manage that distance against reptiles like Chris g and Clint(atl player). Maybe I just need more MU exp there...but the stratagie is sound

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
There are two matchup threads. My most recent chart is in the one that is stickied.

Here it is:
Total=149
Avg 4.97 vs each character

5-5 vs Baraka
4-6 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
6-4 vs Ermac
5-5 vs Freddy Krueger
6-4 vs Jade
5-5 vs Jax
5-5 vs Johnny Cage
4-6 vs Kabal
5-5 vs Kano
5-5 vs Kenshi
4-6 vs Kitana
5-5 vs Kung Lao
4-6 vs Liu Kang
4-6 vs Mileena
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
6-4 vs Quan Chi
4-6 vs Raiden
5-5 vs Rain
5-5 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Sektor
5-5 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
6-4 vs Sindel
5-5 vs Skarlet
5-5 vs Smoke
5-5 vs Sonya Blade
5-5 vs Stryker
6-4 vs Sub-Zero

Please look at this chart instead or better yet can a mod combine the two threads into the sticky

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
LOTF Nightwolf matchup list post patch!(I may change it as I do more testing but feel free to comment)

Maybe with it's own thread people will discuss. I would love other players input about their characters vs nightwolf so I can make this list 100% legit. Thanks.

6-4 vs Baraka
5-5 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
6-4 vs Ermac
4.5-5.5 vs Freddy Krueger
6-4 vs Jade
5-5 vs Jax
4.5-5.5 vs Johnny Cage
4-6 vs Kabal
5.5-4.5 vs Kano
5-5 vs Kenshi
5-5 vs Kitana
5-5 vs Kung Lao
5-5 vs Liu Kang
4-6 vs Mileena
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
6-4 vs Quan Chi
4.5-5.5 vs Raiden
5-5 vs Rain
5-5 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
4.5-5.5 vs Sektor
6-4 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
6-4 vs Sindel
5-5 vs Skarlet
6-4 vs Smoke
4-6 vs Sonya Blade
5-5 vs Stryker
5-5 vs Sub-Zero
Bump!

Updated. Me and big D will discuss these and update further soon.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
5-5 against Kung Lao? Please explain.
Tele gets uppercut or d1 axe every time. Reflect low hat, footsies. No advantage for him I can think of. I have never been beaten by Kung Lao in a tourney. I can't use eh lightning traps on knockdown but that's ok.

If Lao can't teleport, and can't throw hats, it comes down to footsies...and they are even there IMO.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I'm not really sure about that honestly, the roll and 7-frame jab pressure are pretty hard to deal with for a lot of characters. But I've only been using Lao for about a week or so now, so I would probably trust your opinion first.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
The only option left for Kitana is her terrible rushdown.
2,1 hit confirm into ex fan
2,1, cutter
2,1 as otg
2 as antiair and anticrossup
d3, into 3,3
cutter
1,1,2 cutter that jails after jip
godlike d1 range
f2,1 (aight, this may not be so good, but is like -3 or something)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
2,1 hit confirm into ex fan
2,1, cutter
2,1 as otg
2 as antiair and anticrossup
d3, into 3,3
cutter
1,1,2 cutter that jails after jip
godlike d1 range
f2,1 (aight, this may not be so good, but is like -3 or something)
I think her rushdown is great...but it comes down to footsies

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'm not really sure about that honestly, the roll and 7-frame jab pressure are pretty hard to deal with for a lot of characters. But I've only been using Lao for about a week or so now, so I would probably trust your opinion first.
7 frame jab is hard to deal with but it's neg on block isn't it?

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
There are two matchup threads. My most recent chart is in the one that is stickied.

Here it is:
Total=149
Avg 4.97 vs each character

5-5 vs Baraka
4-6 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
6-4 vs Ermac
5-5 vs Freddy Krueger
6-4 vs Jade
5-5 vs Jax
5-5 vs Johnny Cage
4-6 vs Kabal
5-5 vs Kano
5-5 vs Kenshi
4-6 vs Kitana
5-5 vs Kung Lao
4-6 vs Liu Kang
4-6 vs Mileena
5-5 vs Noob Saibot
6-4 vs Quan Chi
4-6 vs Raiden
5-5 vs Rain
5-5 vs Reptile
5-5 vs Scorpion
5-5 vs Sektor
5-5 vs Shang Tsung
6-4 vs Sheeva
6-4 vs Sindel
5-5 vs Skarlet
5-5 vs Smoke
5-5 vs Sonya Blade
5-5 vs Stryker
6-4 vs Sub-Zero

Please look at this chart instead or better yet can a mod combine the two threads into the sticky
There are only a few matchups that I disagree with. Basically, I see it as a 5-5 for Raiden. Personally, I have never had any problems, both online or offline against him. I blow up the teleport very easily with 122hatchet, although I know that NW's pressure game is non existant here. Lightning is extremely risky and arrows are pointless, but to be able to blow up his teleport is HUGE. L0rdoftheFLY

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
There are only a few matchups that I disagree with. Basically, I see it as a 5-5 for Raiden. Personally, I have never had any problems, both online or offline against him. I blow up the teleport very easily with 122hatchet, although I know that NW's pressure game is non existant here. Lightning is extremely risky and arrows are pointless, but to be able to blow up his teleport is HUGE. L0rdoftheFLY
The first post has the most up to date MU chart. I have raiden at 4.5-5.5. Your assuming raiden teleports first...but what of he doesn't, throws lightning and armors through it on reflect with superman for the first hit and life lead.

Then he turtles the whole time only teleporting when you shoulder and chirping away with f24, and b1 tick grabs. The lamest raiden beats NW.

Big D

The first post has the most up to date MU chart. I have raiden at 4.5-5.5. Your assuming raiden teleports first...but what of he doesn't, throws lightning and armors through it on reflect with superman for the first hit and life lead.

Then he turtles the whole time only teleporting when you shoulder and chirping away with f24, and b1 tick grabs. The lamest raiden beats NW.
You make a good point lol. I never really came across a "lame-it-out" raiden so I never thought of that.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
You make a good point lol. I never really came across a "lame-it-out" raiden so I never thought of that.
I never played a raiden so lame in my life until FR first round when I lost. I lost 1-2 and the match I won was a time runout. I wish I had it recorded to show yu how lame it was.

Big D

I never played a raiden so lame in my life until FR first round when I lost. I lost 1-2 and the match I won was a time runout. I wish I had it recorded to show yu how lame it was.
Lol that sucks man. I'm heading on xbox now in case you want to run some Skarlet experience matches.