What's new

Lost, need help.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Just can't seem to go up a level, im not great & im not terrible (I hope). I just attack attack attack & can't defend for the life of me, I will do wake ups constantly, to get myself out of trouble but it just gets me into more trouble lol. I main Reptile & I win alot more than I lose but when I lose I lose really bad due to not really having a clue how to deal with my opponents attacks. I played a Sub player last night & he got me in the corner then ice cloned & that was me beat, I could'nt get out no matter what I tried (which was always the wrong thing). I have to say that the Sub was Usedforglue, so im not annoyed by him beating me as hes a different class, but lets say an ordinary player had done simalar tactics, the result would have been the same. Its not just with Reptile, I do it with every1 I choose.

Any advice would be appreciated, I know im never gonna be brilliant, but would just like to improve.

Cheers.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I consider my self decent player but i do many mistakes and the only way to improve (for me) is to remember what i do wrong - like risky wakeup attacks etc.
If there are things you dont know how do deal with browse the forum and you should find an answers within. But in the end it all comes down to your ability to reed your opponent.
Good luck!

doomfarmer

unorthodox
Well you think you'll never be good so you won't be. Do you have any competitive nature in ya? You should strive to get better.

Anyway, the only way you can level up is to keep getting beaten by good players. Every time you win with no effort, you get worse (brain dead wins don't make you learn anything). If you're having trouble in the corner against Sub-Zero, play against a solid Sub-Zero over and over. Trial and error. Play and learn. Ask for tips while you're playing with him. If you're playing online, you can do this as well... but I strongly suggest you stick to offline if possible.

If none of you're friends use Sub and you must play online, head to the Sub forums and scoop up somebody's gamertag.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I'm very competitive but feel like i've hit a brick wall on mk. I always want to improve & don't mind taking a few beatings along the way (Usedforglue beat me about 12 in a row last night), but it felt like I did'nt learn how to deal with his attacks & we could have played 50 fights & I would'nt have improved. I agree wth you about winning with no effort, it does nothing for you. Defensively im shocking, im always thinking about getting grabbed so I very rarley do it lol. Asked a good Sub, on the sub forum so hopefully I get some tips.

I'd like to play some higher level players just to get a few tips on what to/what not to do during a fight.
Im on the PS3 these days, so if you wanna fight, add me.

cheers.