What's new

losing streakkkkkkkssss!!!!!

Damn I hate them! This has been the worst month I've ever had on UMK3. For every day I've played decently, there's been at least 4 or 5 where I play horribly, missing opportunities, fucking up combos and having it cost me the round, etc. I'm sure I'm not the first to ever think "the more I play the worse I get" during such a phase, and it's probably not true but man it's a shitty feeling. Sorry to be so emo, I just needed to vent. Another week like this and I might just quit playing this game (ok, 2 weeks cause I'm addicted).

Hey if you are EVER doing terrible then the best thing to do is just do a 2 player mode with a stand alone controller and practice a lot of your combos on the other character. I do this and I really have a lot of practice.

SABER Linkdude said:
Hey if you are EVER doing terrible then the best thing to do is just do a 2 player mode with a stand alone controller and practice a lot of your combos on the other character. I do this and I really have a lot of practice.
or u can always use mame, with cheats so u have inf time, and player 2 has inf health it works better than a dormant controller,

and i think if your on a losing streak the best thing to do is, simply take ur mind off of watever you are doing, so put on some headphones listen to some music or chat about something else, non related to the game itself, or u can always quit playing for a bit and watch a movie then come back

My analog stick is really crappy now... I mean, alot of the time, when I try to jump kick, it does a sweep and stuff.. I really hate it. It attributes to some of my losses sometimes.

TheRedPsychosis said:
My analog stick is really crappy now... I mean, alot of the time, when I try to jump kick, it does a sweep and stuff.. I really hate it. It attributes to some of my losses sometimes.
GTFO! So your saying these controllers suck?! NOWAY! lol.... :p

On topic, when I'm in a losing streak or just cant play and am getting frustrated, my best remedy is to just walk away. There are plenty of times when your just not feeling the game so there is a lack of effort. Or your just missing some moves/combos that you can hit all day long. Hell, it might just be a little bit buggy xbl/kaillera connection that is throwing you off a bit. I cant tell you how much a little bit of lag ruins my game.

Frankiebonez said:
TheRedPsychosis said:
GTFO! So your saying these controllers suck?! NOWAY! lol.... :p

On topic, when I'm in a losing streak or just cant play and am getting frustrated, my best remedy is to just walk away. There are plenty of times when your just not feeling the game so there is a lack of effort. Or your just missing some moves/combos that you can hit all day long. Hell, it might just be a little bit buggy xbl/kaillera connection that is throwing you off a bit. I cant tell you how much a little bit of lag ruins my game.
ROFL, Walking away psssh... I hope the kid comes back so I can pick my best char and then get fucked over big time due to lag.. Talk about frustrating lol

Yea I'm just gonna take a break for a few days, maybe a week. Then when I come back and start losing I'll know it's cause I'm out of practice from not having played.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
StuScotsLazyEye said:
Yeah it sucks. Eventually you'll get out of it. It's like a batting slump in baseball...you'll eventually find your swing again.
Ha, Ha good comparison man. Exactly the same I totally agree, I used to play baseball and I play MK so I do believe you hit the nail right on the head.

There's also an old saying I love " When you win, you're not as good as you look, when you lose, you're not as bad as you look"

Despite how good or bad you are in any game, nobody is God therefore you'll win some and lose some. 8)