What's new

Looking for Shaolin Bretheren!

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Hello Kung Lao players! As you already know, Liu Kang and Kung Lao are training buddies. So I was looking for a Lao for my Kang. (Yin to my Yang?) Actually, I'm looking to pick up Lao. Liu will still be my main, but I want to master Lao just as much as Kang. I also was hoping for MU experience.

It's also worth noting that in the story Liu Kang is apparently Kung Lao's peer. Yet in the tier listings, Kung Lao is Liu Kang's peer. :p

Probelms vs. Kung Lao:
Teleport - I still yet have to understand the difference between instant 3 and delayed 3.
Ground Hat and Divekick mixup - Almost every Lao I've met always does GH when they knock me down. So I usually get a free Flying Kick to their teeth. But when they start zoning me (when I choose other characters) it works really well for them.
I jump - eat a divekick
Stay and block - no divekick

Randomness! - Some Laos online are completely random. No consistency whatsoever. You know what the sad part is? It works against me. I have no clue what to do here...

Anyways, I'm hoping for a Shaolin brother. (not literally) Someone who's willing to help me pick him up and with the MU experience. Maybe even have tag team combos. (that'd be cool) Then again, I live in Canada. So we most likely won't be doing tag combos together. :(

You can find me on PSN as Squeaker101.

PS: I hope I'm not breaking any rules here. If so please send me a mssg on what I broke. (don't want to be making the same mistake twice)

gdf

Noob
Good idea, and the randomness is what Kung Lao players use to get wins.

They get into your head and become unpredictable. And technically if you are a Liu Kang main, you are already have allies in the Kung Lao boards. :)

Teleport instant 3 can start combos if it catches people off-guard, but if Kung Lao's opponent sees it coming, it can be uppercutted (amongst other things).

Teleport delayed 3 is used in ex teleport combos to extend the duration of the armor. I believe it helps in regular teleport combos due to Kung Lao's smaller hitbox, which is why an instant 3 is punished. Instant 3 puts Kung Lao in punishing range.

A Kang main? No away! That character is quite unexplored. I live in Canada so we will have a good connection
Where In canada do u live? If it's the Vancouver area we meet up twice a week to play offline

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
A Kang main? No away! That character is quite unexplored. I live in Canada so we will have a good connection
Where In canada do u live? If it's the Vancouver area we meet up twice a week to play offline
Another canadian! (it seems like we're a dying breed when it come to MK) I actually live in BC as well. I'm originally from Bella Coola. (which is near Vancouver I'm pretty sure) but I've been living out her in Kelowna for the past five years or so.
Do you know MoFuzz? He sent me a message once asking if I was able to come out and have casuals. Unfortunatly, I can't. (no vehicle...yet)

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Good idea, and the randomness is what Kung Lao players use to get wins.

They get into your head and become unpredictable. And technically if you are a Liu Kang main, you are already have allies in the Kung Lao boards. :)

Teleport instant 3 can start combos if it catches people off-guard, but if Kung Lao's opponent sees it coming, it can be uppercutted (amongst other things).

Teleport delayed 3 is used in ex teleport combos to extend the duration of the armor. I believe it helps in regular teleport combos due to Kung Lao's smaller hitbox, which is why an instant 3 is punished. Instant 3 puts Kung Lao in punishing range.
Yea, randomness always gets me...

Teleport: Really? I thought the delayed 3 combo'd. (again, I don't know) I usually try and uppercut on reaction. Lately it's been whiffing sooo much.

Good to know I have KL friends. Couldn't have LK with no challenge now could we?
It's funny cause they both get alot of hate.

Yeah I play him every week. He is probably our best MK player in van. That is out of the four of us. One of us is a kung player so u should totally come out when u can.
My psn is MashPotatoStatue I'm gunna be online in an hour so add me up if your a ps3 guy. We will go a few hundred matches

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Yeah I play him every week. He is probably our best MK player in van. That is out of the four of us. One of us is a kung player so u should totally come out when u can.
My psn is MashPotatoStatue I'm gunna be online in an hour so add me up if your a ps3 guy. We will go a few hundred matches
Who does MoFuzz main? I'd like to fight him. See how I measure out.

I actually don't have internet at the moment :(. Bu but I'll be sure to add you the next time I get on.

Who does MoFuzz main? I'd like to fight him. See how I measure out.
his sonya is the toughest, he also likes playing jax and cage. he plays nearly every character so its pretty lucky for us to play him every week. his AA's are always on point and he pretty much tought me footsies. he will level up your skills alright

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
his sonya is the toughest, he also likes playing jax and cage. he plays nearly every character so its pretty lucky for us to play him every week. his AA's are always on point and he pretty much tought me footsies. he will level up your skills alright
Sounds good! I don't like Sonya, her d4 is annoying. I've never really done AA's. (except for Dragon Stance 1) so it'd be something for me to experience. He seems like a rushdown kinda guy. (something we have in common)

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
Hello Kung Lao players! As you already know, Liu Kang and Kung Lao are training buddies. So I was looking for a Lao for my Kang. (Yin to my Yang?) Actually, I'm looking to pick up Lao. Liu will still be my main, but I want to master Lao just as much as Kang. I also was hoping for MU experience.

It's also worth noting that in the story Liu Kang is apparently Kung Lao's peer. Yet in the tier listings, Kung Lao is Liu Kang's peer. :p

Probelms vs. Kung Lao:
Teleport - I still yet have to understand the difference between instant 3 and delayed 3.
Ground Hat and Divekick mixup - Almost every Lao I've met always does GH when they knock me down. So I usually get a free Flying Kick to their teeth. But when they start zoning me (when I choose other characters) it works really well for them.
I jump - eat a divekick
Stay and block - no divekick

Randomness! - Some Laos online are completely random. No consistency whatsoever. You know what the sad part is? It works against me. I have no clue what to do here...

Anyways, I'm hoping for a Shaolin brother. (not literally) Someone who's willing to help me pick him up and with the MU experience. Maybe even have tag team combos. (that'd be cool) Then again, I live in Canada. So we most likely won't be doing tag combos together. :(

You can find me on PSN as Squeaker101.

PS: I hope I'm not breaking any rules here. If so please send me a mssg on what I broke. (don't want to be making the same mistake twice)
instant tele 3 will only combo from a another attack like JIP tele 3, and nothing else can be strung in after that (unless you are ETC Mcfly). delayed 3 allows full combo following. dependin on the player a good KL can vait certain character uppercuts and interupt them before they are active and lock down the player. so unless you have a very fast reliable uppercut its not enough to just react to a tele, you have to predict it.

the recovery on GH is rather large. id suggest playing a footsie game always unpredictably placing yourself just in and out of jump in range because 1 of 2 things can happen: you will jump the hat and get free combo which will lead to 2: KL will stop throwing hats and find something else to do (jumping, diving, teleporting, f3, all things which have a risk) if KL counters your spacing game by running chase him down keeping jut in the jump range. keep in mind that this is also the range i always actually WANT to be in as a KL player as well so its not going to be easy or anything. never ever jump in on KL unless hes recovering from something such as a hat though

regarding randomness, my friend plays a super duper random and whack KL. at first he beat me alot. now he doesnt because i grew a lot of patience and learned to crouch immediately when he performed a block string. if you have a lot of patience and play a counter game, the random KL is eventually gonna be punished for his blocked dive kicks random ground hats. just be super patient, defensive, block low at appropriate situations and only block high when he does the 24 1+2 over head.

well hope that helps a bit

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
instant tele 3 will only combo from a another attack like JIP tele 3, and nothing else can be strung in after that (unless you are ETC Mcfly). delayed 3 allows full combo following. dependin on the player a good KL can vait certain character uppercuts and interupt them before they are active and lock down the player. so unless you have a very fast reliable uppercut its not enough to just react to a tele, you have to predict it.

the recovery on GH is rather large. id suggest playing a footsie game always unpredictably placing yourself just in and out of jump in range because 1 of 2 things can happen: you will jump the hat and get free combo which will lead to 2: KL will stop throwing hats and find something else to do (jumping, diving, teleporting, f3, all things which have a risk) if KL counters your spacing game by running chase him down keeping jut in the jump range. keep in mind that this is also the range i always actually WANT to be in as a KL player as well so its not going to be easy or anything. never ever jump in on KL unless hes recovering from something such as a hat though

regarding randomness, my friend plays a super duper random and whack KL. at first he beat me alot. now he doesnt because i grew a lot of patience and learned to crouch immediately when he performed a block string. if you have a lot of patience and play a counter game, the random KL is eventually gonna be punished for his blocked dive kicks random ground hats. just be super patient, defensive, block low at appropriate situations and only block high when he does the 24 1+2 over head.

well hope that helps a bit
I'd say Liu's uppercut is reliable.

I usually try and play Lao with spacing. His spacing to be specific. (which is bad, as he's controlling the pace of the match)

Random Lao's are harder to react to online. I've been trying to look for someone offline. No luck so far. :(

I'd say Liu's uppercut is reliable.

I usually try and play Lao with spacing. His spacing to be specific. (which is bad, as he's controlling the pace of the match)

Random Lao's are harder to react to online. I've been trying to look for someone offline. No luck so far. :(

Liu also i use.

the hook is very effective without a doubt but it has to be well read and a fast KL can press "Tele 3" three fomas fast if you do can just teleport 3 to the hook. recommend that you practice Parry has Liu or NJP or dragon stance (it is very good as you run back and then pick it up with "2").

I am working with this shaolin.

show you some things soon!

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
hey mcfly seen some of your vids cause im looking to play lao and dude you really have inspired me to pick him up imma try to practice some of your combos today and get my footses down with lao since i think that is mostly goona be my game with him, (poking and baiting)

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Liu also i use.

the hook is very effective without a doubt but it has to be well read and a fast KL can press "Tele 3" three fomas fast if you do can just teleport 3 to the hook. recommend that you practice Parry has Liu or NJP or dragon stance (it is very good as you run back and then pick it up with "2").

I am working with this shaolin.

show you some things soon!
Sweet! Thank you for coming to this thread! (I'm honoured to have you here!) I usually try and give em' the hook, as Parry might come out to slow. I find it hard to Dragon Stance a Lao Teleport. (you need to anticipate it, or else you'll eat a big punish) Again, this is all online. (noyone around my area plays MK)

Thanks Mcfly! I love all your videos! Hope to see some more! :D

hey mcfly seen some of your vids cause im looking to play lao and dude you really have inspired me to pick him up imma try to practice some of your combos today and get my footses down with lao since i think that is mostly goona be my game with him, (poking and baiting)

Hello friend,

Glad to see that people will be inspired to play with KL .. honored if I help that happen.

I think it's a good option when players see who is scheduled to make ..

I think today there are good players who will serve as examples for practice ..

Greetings!

Sweet! Thank you for coming to this thread! (I'm honoured to have you here!) I usually try and give em' the hook, as Parry might come out to slow. I find it hard to Dragon Stance a Lao Teleport. (you need to anticipate it, or else you'll eat a big punish) Again, this is all online. (noyone around my area plays MK)

Thanks Mcfly! I love all your videos! Hope to see some more! :D
I am a friend whenever you can try to help ...

effectively fight the hook is good .. (I've never played online because I do not like) (I'm just casual & Tournament and Live).

Dragon Stance can cancel with Parry (takes practice to see just time but check and see) and also remeber that in making "Dragon Stance + 2" Liu runs a bit back and it the kick aerial avoid ..

thanks for watching my videos .. I hope siguir contact all here ..