What's new

Looking for advice on how to improve my Youtube quality(Just got my capture card working again).

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo

720 x 480 224 kbs 29 frames per second, recorded with Plextor ConvertX in SD
The left audio is going to be missing due to my ghetto setup and crappy splitters. If anyone knows some good tips on how to get videos on youtube in good quality I'm all ears. Right now I'm saving the video files as a high quality AVI file then I compress them to something smaller in Windows Movie Maker. At least, that's what I did a few yeas ago when I recorded.

I'd like to make some online play videos and maybe some commentary if I figure it all out so if anyone can critique my current setup, give some tips on how to improve it I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks

aj1701

Noob
If you can record in 720P. If you have crappy splitters, investing in some good ones should help. What other options to you have for the recording format? I'm not sure, but I think AVI compresses a bit. I tried mp4, but my audio got out of sync, so I went back to the M2TS format, which I believe used to store AVCHD format audio / video.

Also, maybe upping your bit rates for video will help. I think MK9 is 60 frames / second, so I'd try capturing 30FPS as well, you'll get half of the frames that the game puts out.

I'm new to this too, but this seems to work well for me.