What's new

Tech Look alive Richard! Stuffing stoping and punishing wake ups with Nightwing.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I usually just ground pound his wakeups or wingding. I was ahead in the set and decided to try something else, 113 came to mind.. I mean shit, vs A LOT of aquas ive used this if i decided to keep pressure instead of chipping them to death with gp, flying graysons and well spaced s1 in staff footsies. I will make you work hard to get in.. Shit ill even just run up and vertical jump 3 into wing dings.

I completely understand non invincible attacks can be stuffed, try b2ing aquas wake up trident rush with b2, since it "not invincible"

By the way chongo, Ive played you only once in injustice, and you never used nw.. Id like to see how far a long youve progressed since then.

It's weird, sometimes when i use flip kick it works, other times the trident rush auto corrects and i ended up getting stabbed to death LOL

Im not to familiar with tym and whats been already posted, and looking through all the nw tech threads doesnt look to fun.
With that said. All of nw's bad mu's, can you list what is and what's not invincible. What,who,how, to punish them. Thx broski

Cyborg
Raven
Gl
I don't know all of them. Somebody really does need to make a list. To me raven and aqua are by far the easiest

macro

Eezeepeezee

Does this only work with escrima cancel into staff spin? It looks like the timing is set at a particular time to stuff the WU. Very interesting. I love this, because it helps NW build nice meter and puts him in a great position (cancel into Escrima for B2 or JF2 madness)
Nope this can just work with any type of Staff Spin but you do have to time it. But it's not hard to time and this also works for alot of wake ups.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Stuffing wakeups can be done with any attack.

The best normals and specials to stuff wake ups will depend on spacing and the amount of advantage.

All of aquamans wake ups are easily stuffed. So are ravens. Honestly the only ones that are not easily stuffed are fully invincible.

Examples:
NW - ef
Sinestro - arachnid
These moves can also be stuffed buy Staff Spin.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Yeah Flying Punch isn't fully invincible. Also, have you tried this setup with different combos? Because you have to take into account gravity scaling on the staff spin. And finally it seems as though the timing on stuffing the Flying Punch is different from the others, meaning you have to guess on what they'll wakeup with. But all in all, nice find.

macro

Eezeepeezee
The main wake ups
1:Doomsday|Venom
Doomsdays wakeups can be stuff by a well timed and spaced Staff sweep and Ground Pound.
Also if you in Escrima and you want to stay in the stance it's best if you just do JB Wing Dings.
2:Batgirl|Smoke Bomb|Bat Wheel|
Bat Wheel can be stuffed by a delayed Staff Spin.That also is the best way to continue
your momentum and preussure. The way to take care of Smoke Bomb is to simply punish with B2 or F213
Also in case of you being in staff the best thing to do is 1F1 or 1F2 to try and bait the wake up.
3:Zod|Zod Charge|Phantom Strike|
Zod Charge can be stuffed by Staff Spin in SNJ2 F213 and B2.
Phantom Strike can be stuffed by Staff Spin in EJ2 EJ3 and
Ground Pound. Now a big weakness that Zod when your in
staff is that you can jump over the Phantom Strike
when your close to him and wiff punish it.
4:Superman|Rising Grab|Low Scoop|
All you need to know is that while your in Staff
and you knock down Superman is to check
him with a NJ2 Because that stuffs all his wake ups.
Except for super. But in Escrima i feel that it's
best to use Wing Dings on his wake up
but if you want to try and stuff something
in that stance i would go for a B2 the
the timing alot harder but it will
still do the job.
I will continue the list later.
But for anyone with questions about a wake up i will add it to the list wile
i am making it.

Last edited:

macro

Eezeepeezee
Yeah Flying Punch isn't fully invincible. Also, have you tried this setup with different combos? Because you have to take into account gravity scaling on the staff spin. And finally it seems as though the timing on stuffing the Flying Punch is different from the others, meaning you have to guess on what they'll wakeup with. But all in all, nice find.
This does work at the and of all your combos as long ass your next to Superman.
Also the timing for the NJ2 are all the same i just kind of failed. lol

macro

Eezeepeezee
Credit to @FOREVER EL1TE
Nightwing beats Grundy's main wakeups in both stances (Escrima, Staff) idk if this is "Tech" so I put it in the strategies...
In Escrima vs Walking corspe
finish any combo in flipkick. (NOTE: DO THE COMBO AS FAST AS YOU CAN.)
Then do a F+21 flipkick. You have too be quick with the F+21 or it may whiff. If done correctly you will hit Grundy then flipkick him without getting grabbed. This is for if you dont have meter, you can do this still but its harder.

If you think their gonna do it again do F+21 MB flipkick.If you land a regular flipkick punish (1st paragraph) You have too MB Flipkick too do it a second time or it will whiff.

For the cleaver you finish any combo in flipkick and then B+3. That simple. Same thing for staff.
In staff if they do walking corpse just staff spin. Im pretty sure we all know this.

Now for somethin fancy★☆↓↓
In staff. Do a regular bnb mb combo (J2 1+F+1 MB Dwn back 2, B3, J2 J2, 1 Dwn back 1. Then as Grundy falls do a FG and it will go through Grundy's cleaver on wakeup and you punish with Dwb back 2.
Is this a possible matchup changer?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Credit to @FOREVER EL1TE
Nightwing beats Grundy's main wakeups in both stances (Escrima, Staff) idk if this is "Tech" so I put it in the strategies...
Then do a F+21 flipkick. You have too be quick with the F+21 or it may whiff. If done correctly you will hit Grundy then flipkick him without getting grabbed. This is for if you dont have meter, you can do this still but its harder.

If you think their gonna do it again do F+21 MB flipkick.If you land a regular flipkick punish (1st paragraph) You have too MB Flipkick too do it a second time or it will whiff.

For the cleaver you finish any combo in flipkick and then B+3. That simple. Same thing for staff.
In staff if they do walking corpse just staff spin. Im pretty sure we all know this.

In staff. Do a regular bnb mb combo (J2 1+F+1 MB Dwn back 2, B3, J2 J2, 1 Dwn back 1. Then as Grundy falls do a FG and it will go through Grundy's cleaver on wakeup and you punish with Dwb back 2.
It's good info. I abuse flip kick on block strings and wakeup to avoid grabs. I've never seen a better clinic on how to beat Grundy than watching @Sajam vs tyrant at SCR.

Tyrant hates the MU and I think it's NW favor 6-4.

If you can find that match...he b3 every grab attempt abused the ungrab-able frames of 2 in staff. He essentially bodied him.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
The main wake ups
1:Doomsday|Venom
I just found that you can stuff DD charge MB and non MB with Ground Pound.
Also if you in Escrima and you want to stay in the stance it's best if you just do JB Wing Dings.
You can stuff every single one of doomsdays wakeups with a well timed and spaced Staff sweep ;)

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Yeah I've played the NW/Grundy MU so much it's absurd. Once you understand how Grundy's offense works at a fundamental level the MU becomes significantly easier. The tech to deal with his wakeups is interesting, but I dunno if I'd use it in most situations, because I'd prefer to knock him away a bit at the end of most combos.

I'll mess with it though, and see how I feel about it.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Yeah I've played the NW/Grundy MU so much it's absurd. Once you understand how Grundy's offense works at a fundamental level the MU becomes significantly easier. The tech to deal with his wakeups is interesting, but I dunno if I'd use it in most situations, because I'd prefer to knock him away a bit at the end of most combos.

I'll mess with it though, and see how I feel about it.
Ya i'm very bilnd in this matchup. It would be awesome if you could go over
the matchup the matchup thread because like i said i know nothing
about grundy and this matchup .

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
It's good info. I abuse flip kick on block strings and wakeup to avoid grabs. I've never seen a better clinic on how to beat Grundy than watching @Sajam vs tyrant at SCR.

Tyrant hates the MU and I think it's NW favor 6-4.

If you can find that match...he b3 every grab attempt abused the ungrab-able frames of 2 in staff. He essentially bodied him.
Yeah NW outplays grundy players all the time. NW has to take no risks at all in that MU. I have to make a read, on top of two other reads. 7-3 NW.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Yeah NW outplays grundy players all the time. NW has to take no risks at all in that MU. I have to make a read, on top of two other reads. 7-3 NW.
Wow 7-3 that's nasty would you say staff is the main stance because of all the grab invincibility
and the space control Nightwing has in the matchup. Also how his low jump will help him against
grundys resets and grabs.

Last edited:

Hitbox_Tyrant

"R.T.S.D" -Alex Valle
Wow 7-3 that's nasty would you say staff is the main stance because of all the grab invincibility
and the space control Nightwing has in the matchup. Also how his low jump will help him against
grundys resets and grabs.
Yup. Any NW can give me trouble.

Credit to @FOREVER EL1TE

Credit to @FOREVER EL1TE

Thanks for mentioning me. Needed too get known lol
if yall need a video tutorial tell me