What's new

Lol, Gamestop...

trufenix

bye felicia
Those people shouldn't be complaining then, shop around and see what's out there instead of complaining about Gamestop when that's all you're willing to go to.
But you just said Gamestop does what others can't and its true. Ain't no Play and Trade pre-order incentive. We been reading about Red Son since like October. People still don't even know what Zombie Mode is, so why would they preorder elsewhere?

I mean look at this. Gamestop promises the opening cinematic. We do EXACTLY what they ask, share it, like it, fill out their forms, spread it across the entire internet, selling their preorders for them and for what? Nothing. They just dicked us. Unapologetically.

That's why they are a blight on the industry.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
There's Walmart, Amazon and Best Buy offering incentives. Amazon usually has incentives as well as Gamestop.

I never said they didn't have problems, I even said I don't like them. I'm disputing the claims of why some people don't like them.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
There's Walmart, Amazon and Best Buy offering incentives. Amazon usually has incentives as well as Gamestop.

I never said they didn't have problems, I even said I don't like them. I'm disputing the claims of why some people don't like them.
It isn't GameStop's fault their incentives suck.

:(

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I'll drop it, but the gamestop abyss goes WAY deeper than just "having problems".

I had a friend that worked there and said they were "blood-thirsty" and that he's "never seen anything like it", but those reasons tend not to be the reasons people hate Gamestop. It's usually arbitrary non-sense.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Hate GameStop with a passion. Too many reasons to mention and most have already been mentioned by those in this thread. I can't wait for the day they go out of business or take a huge profit cut. It's not that far off because as soon as games become completely digital, GameStop will be reduced to selling older, outdated games and/or selling hardware/accessories only.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
There's nothing wrong with lying to spread publicity for the game. If you had any grasp on logic, of course you knew this was rigged but what's the harm? NRS probably put them up to this anyways.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
There's nothing wrong with lying to spread publicity for the game.
Yeah, there's also nothing wrong with lying to gain votes in an election campaign. Lying should be the norm, everybody should accept lying as something good.

False advertising for the win!!!

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
I
Of course it's for money, they're a business. At the same time they do things that other mediums for gaming/game purchases don't.
I disagree.I feel like their business practice pushes consumers away. They are their own worst enemy.

The Gamestop experience is an overall negative one. The conversations with the employees ring hollow. I don't fault the poor guys though. There is soo much pressure to sell "subs" and preorders they can't help themselves.

They may do a couple things that can be viewed as helping the gamer, but at what cost?

Find me a happy Gamestop employee and I'll show you someone who is seriously undervaluing themselves.

Show me a happy Gamestop customer and I'll show you someone who is seriously undervaluing the worth of their patronage. You can get a much better experience for your dollar.

Edit: placed "help" between can't and themseles.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Yeah, there's also nothing wrong with lying to gain votes in an election campaign. Lying should be the norm, everybody should accept lying as something good.

False advertising for the win!!!
I wouldn't equate these situations though. It's not like they're doing something harmful like lying about game features, this is just telling your friends about a game. No harm.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I wouldn't equate these situations though. It's not like they're doing something harmful like lying about game features, this is just telling your friends about a game. No harm.
False advertising = harm, maybe not dat much as for example what tobacoo companies did to consumers but it should be punished. I dont understand why someone would want to tolerate false advertising to be honest.

Zerosoulreaver

Apprentice
I hate Gamestop, they are horrible. I miss the days when their were other choices like Bdabages and Funcoland. Now their is only Gamestop which rips people off hardcore with their trade in, pre-order crap. Trade in a perfectly new game and only get back a small fraction of what you spent...so sad. Just go sell your games on E-Bay or Amazon now.

Would rather go to a small shop where I get a discount and get games early.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Yeah, you know, I hadn't been inside of a Gamestop for a few years before I pre-ordered my copy of Injustice and I really gotta say I thought the dude working behind the counter was ridiculously helpful and informative... which has actually been my standard experience at all Gamestops. Really informed employees. Their promo stuff is weak, but all promo stuff from all companies is lame, stupid and tries too hard.

I prefer the idea of locally owned game shops (lulz, were those ever a thing?) because I hate big retail chains in the same way I hate big restaurant chains... but I've not really had a bad experience with them. Even bringing in used games to sell, my experiences were decent because I always actually ended up with way more money than I thought I would. Sure they resell them at a huge mark-up but that's not my problem; I'm getting rid of the game. You're welcome future buyer for me keeping my games in such good goddamn condition that you can basically get a mint condition disk for like half-price or better, you're welcome.

Sure I'd probably hate this company too if I wasted my time involving myself in promos like this one, but from the start that was never an option.