What's new

Tech Lobo Hook Charge Mix-up New Setups

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
This is awesome. You can get more damage out of it too off of certain combo starters.

113~toss mb, b3, (b1)2~hook charge works. You have to time the b12 IMMEDIATELY after you recover from b3 animation. The b1 whiffs and the 2 connects.

Or simply toss~mb, b3, (b1)2~hook charge.

There's probably more of these. But that's what I found yesterday.

vlack

Low/Mid Characters Are The Best xD
This is awesome. You can get more damage out of it too off of certain combo starters.

113~toss mb, b3, (b1)2~hook charge works. You have to time the b12 IMMEDIATELY after you recover from b3 animation. The b1 whiffs and the 2 connects.

Or simply toss~mb, b3, (b1)2~hook charge.

There's probably more of these. But that's what I found yesterday.
I also found that way and tested but not very consistent because sometimes not hit (b1)2 though probably not have run well while I was testing.

Hey guys quick question about this and other similar setups. does this still work if the opponent uses a wake-up attack? Or will lobo just get knocked out of it?

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Hey guys quick question about this and other similar setups. does this still work if the opponent uses a wake-up attack? Or will lobo just get knocked out of it?
with these kind of shenanigans a lot of wake ups whiff or go the wrong way ,, not ALL wake ups though

Grave__Intent

Death's Trusty Side-Kick!
with these kind of shenanigans a lot of wake ups whiff or go the wrong way ,, not ALL wake ups though
Chiming-In... It would be just a matter of knowing the match-ups to know your opponent's options on wake-up so you know whether or not it's safe to try.

Also, good find dude. I may go back and play with Lobo some just to test this.

Good stuff, vlack, i like more the low and mid low characters in this game, grad to see you like this characters men.
Mis esperanzas para que les den unos buenos buff a todos los low tier caracteres en este juego, lobo shazam joker bane lex catwoman ares todos esos. saquele provecho vlack.

Dude, this is sick. The set up for no meter is excellent. Great find OP. Good find for you too Zatoichi

If this is done successfully this is how it should look.

B2U1, B12~Charge cross up. 25% (31 if MB). NJ2 B2U1, 12~Toss MB, B3, JI2, 21~Low Hook. 50%

All of this = 75%+ for 1/3 of a bar and some salt from your opponent.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Trait. JI2, B2U1, B12~Hook Charge MB. NJ2, B2U1, 12~Toss MB, B3, JI2, 21~Low Hook MB.
35+57=92
Good stuff. How much damage is it to end with a regular hook charge instead of mb low chain? Might be worth saving the meter, unless it's a kill shot and they can't clash obviously.

Grave__Intent

Death's Trusty Side-Kick!
I'm having trouble doing the Hook Charge after the B12 in time. I seems like he is stuck after the 2. Any tips?