What's new

Lobo Gameplay Trailer Analysis

Loki

Noob
Agreed. No idea why they focused so heavily on his gun. Guns were a sometimes thing for Lobo not a focus. He has so many badass powers and techniques they could have pulled from.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Agreed. No idea why they focused so heavily on his gun. Guns were a sometimes thing for Lobo not a focus. He has so many badass powers and techniques they could have pulled from.
how they focused on gun ? he got low grab , AA grab , 2 or 3 chain attacks , dive move , probably some stuff that wasn't shown yet AND low + straight shotgun . So if by focusing on gun you mean 2 attacks , yeah they focused on it .

RYX

BIG PUSHER
how they focused on gun ? he got low grab , AA grab , 2 or 3 chain attacks , dive move , probably some stuff that wasn't shown yet AND low + straight shotgun . So if by focusing on gun you mean 2 attacks , yeah they focused on it .
His Super starts with the chain too.

I guess these fools expected Scorpion.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
lobo is tits hahaha i may actually use his super
also lets liven uup tha joint AMIRITE

Loki

Noob
I Meant in context of the video. We saw a ton of shotgun play over things I would consider more traditionally Lobo. Whether or not that reflects in his move set remains to be seen.

Also I did not expect scorpion as I have never cared for MK. Not the gameplay so much as I never liked the characters/Theme. No need to name call over something so minor. Starting to see why I was told not to bother joining tym if this is the reception to expect.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I Meant in context of the video. We saw a ton of shotgun play over things I would consider more traditionally Lobo. Whether or not that reflects in his move set remains to be seen.

Also I did not expect scorpion as I have never cared for MK. Not the gameplay so much as I never liked the characters/Theme. No need to name call over something so minor. Starting to see why I was told not to bother joining tym if this is the reception to expect.
to be fair i doubt they showed his full moves list , i only vaguely remember lobo from the teen titans i think so i dont really know wot hes about

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I think the trait has something to do reloading, but the first time Batman starts to combo him it looks like it has a long animation, yet later in the match it looks really rapid. Any theories?

Niko Mar

Founding Member of the Fate Army
I think the trait has something to do reloading, but the first time Batman starts to combo him it looks like it has a long animation, yet later in the match it looks really rapid. Any theories?
I originally thought of it like GA's trait. Maybe he could be loading different types of ammo that do different things? Then I thought that maybe it's like he starts out with 3 or so shots and it works like a real gun. It would only take longer to reload if you wasted more shots or ran out.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
It affects his guns I believe. With the low shot he does in the very beginning of the video, it's a knockdown. 1:20 in, right after he reloaded, it launches.

It worked with his wall bounce as well so it could have a damage boost. Or it could BE his wall bounce.

Tavaski

Get tough, or die
Anyone have any idea of what his logo looks like, or will NRS make something unique like they did with solomon grundy?

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
My Lobo Thread on SRK:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/178230/cigars-shotguns-and-the-finger-the-fraggin-lobo-thread#latest
:cool:

My Trailer breakdown:
From the trailer we can see he has Alex's (3s) Flying Cross Chop, his b3 is a shotgun blast.
His Forward dash appears to be a roll, which goes under Batman's ground grapple, perhaps high projectiles as well.
His Super looks to hit overhead.
Low Shotgun Blast MB bounces opponent.
Anti-Air grab similar to Abel's (SFIV)
At 0:55 he seems to do a reload or a weapons switch, which he repeats at 1:18, probably a reload or even trait use.
Has a Scorpion-like chain attack which pulls opponent in and then does a Shotgun blast. Also an AA version which just slams opponent to the ground.
Command grab low, throws opponent into the air. MB has a tomahawk-dunk-esque slam which bounces the opponent.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Nahhhh.. Just got no love for a character who in comics looks like Wolverine and Gene Simmons from kiss had a baby....
He is a KNOWN Wolverine parody...
In a 2006 interview, Keith Giffen (co-creator) said, "I have no idea why Lobo took off... I came up with him as an indictment of the Punisher, Wolverine hero prototype, and somehow he caught on as the high violence poster boy. Go figure."

Prepare to be squashed, spider-fanboy!!!

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
He is a KNOWN Wolverine parody...
In a 2006 interview, Keith Giffen (co-creator) said, "I have no idea why Lobo took off... I came up with him as an indictment of the Punisher, Wolverine hero prototype, and somehow he caught on as the high violence poster boy. Go figure."

Prepare to be squashed, spider-fanboy!!!
See you on the 7th... THWIP THWIP ;)