What's new

Lizard Reptile or Human Reptile? (Poll)

Lizard Reptile or Human Reptile?

• Lizard

• Human

Results are only viewable after voting.
So which version would you prefer in MK11 if he was DLC? I imagine he's actually lizard but using some kindof ninjutsu or some shit to disguise himself as human (so that ppl don't know he is the notorious assassin Reptile). As I imagined him in UMK3, I want Deceptive, silent badass kill-you-from-the-shadows style of Reptile. If I was designing him we wouldn't hear his gollum voice a lot. More a creature of action. Gameplay would focus more around his invisibility and deceptive tactics like a decoy or something. And like the good 'ol days he would remove his human mask to swallow your head whole! Thoughts?

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Lizard. Human is just another Ninja.. and like Ermac being a soul warden making Reptile an actual lizard creature has added to the richness of the MK lore. All the back history of MK is super cool and it has added to it, something a "new ninja" simply didn't. So by making him a reptile it has lead to unique moves, unique art, new lore and interesting histories. Him being a lizard thing adds to MK, him be a human does nothing.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Voted Human, but only because Lizard likely also includes that abomination from MKDA (i think? the one with the tail). If Lizard is more like MK9 or MKX then I'm all in on Lizard.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I grew up on MK1 and 2, so that will be a Human vote from me. I always hated his lizard design. And yes, I'm aware he had a stupid lizard head at points in MK2.
I'm of the same opinion for the exact same reason. I can get behind some reptilian features, or even something halfway between MKT/9, but the MKDA stuff just isn't going to fly with me. :/

I'm also partial to his 95 movie portrayal, where he just goes ham on Liu Kang and is a handful to deal with.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
I don't really see what making him human again would accomplish. Reptile being a reptile is a pretty interesting character already.

To be clear, what I imagine is that he is really a lizard, but disguises himself as human so that ppl don't know he is the notorious assassin Reptile. So there are hints of it, like eyes have slit pupils and golden iris at character select, and combat damage tears "human" skin revealing lizard skin underneath. Lore-wise i think it could remain consistent. Reptile used to be so much more badass imo

They should make him a snake instead of a lizard this time. His low hurtbox wouldn't be an issue since everything whiffs anyway. For real though both reptiles are pretty cool, a more human one would be nice to see this time around

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I'm a big fan of his MKX design, I feel that Human reptile had its moment during the early games because of hardware limitations, and should just be an option skin at this point.

I wasn't a fan of his too lizard Design in MK:DA and his MK4 and MK9 looks are ugly to me. Vastly prefer the humanoid lizard MK:SM and MKX had going.

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
I muuuuuch prefer lizard - human's fine for nostalgia, and still looks good, but lizard sets him apart. Not to say all lizard designs are good but when they hit the sweet spot (read: Shaolin Monks) human can't even touch it.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I still think that Shaolin Monks Reptile is the best version of the character, so I'm going to have to say Lizard Reptile is the best.