What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Bartitsu Living MU Numbers

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I was more making this for myself but decided to share because why not. These are match ups that I've played over and over and spent time in the lab on. Those that are missing are just MUs that I havent spent enough time with to be sure, hence the living in the title.

Feel free to discuss or ask questions or call me an idiot...this is TYM afterall.

Winning: 0
Even: 15
Losing: 15

Acidic Alien: 3-7

Tarkatan Alien: 4-6

All Jason: 5-5

Tempest Lao: 4-6

Demo Sonya: 4-6

Covert Ops Sonya: 5-5

Balanced Kenshi: 4-6

Assassin Kitana: 4-6

GM Sub Zero: 4-6

Cryomancer Sub Zero: 5-5

Piercing Mileena: 4-6

Shirai Ryu Takeda: 4-6

Full Auto Jacqui: 4-6

Bojutsu Kung Jin: 5-5

Pyro Tanya: 4-6

Killer Leatherface: 5-5

HQT Predator: 3-7

Cyber Kano: 5-5

A-List Johnny: 5-5

Gunslinger Erron Black: 5-5

Dragon’s Fire Liu Kang: 4-6

Master of Souls Ermac: 5-5

War God Kotal Khan: 5-5

Noxious Reptile: 4-6

Swarm Queen Dvorah: 5-5

Sektor: 5-5

Smoke: 4-6

Cyber Sub Zero: 5-5

Last edited:

TamedLizard

Buff George
*sigh*

Depressing MU chart is depressing. :(

Maybe I just suck, but Sektor and Gunslinger feel tougher than 5-5.

Also feel like Jax bullies Bo. Jax really has no need to respect anything Bo does. Easy to reversal punish his unsafe mixups, and easy to blow up his many gaps.

Last edited:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Balanced 3-7 but Gunslinger 5-5? Kinda odd.
Balanced can keep you out far better than Gunslinger. He also has an armored launcher to blow up gaps, and has the ability to switch sides in a combo. He also always seems to have breaker. Think of it this way. If you as Bartitsu have life lead, Erron is eventually going to have to come at you. That gives you an advantage because he has to come into your bubble where you have more reach. That game state is where Bart thrives.

*sigh*

Depressing MU chart is depressing. :(

Maybe I just suck, but Sektor and Gunslinger feel tougher than 5-5.

Also feel like Jax bullies Bo. Jax really has no need to respect anything Bo does. Easy to reversal punish his unsafe mixups, and easy to blow up his many gaps.
I play the Sektor MU a ton thanks to a friend that mains him. What problems do you have? I'm yet to play a good Jax with Bart. I assume the MU fucking sucks though.

umm no way he's this bad. and imo he beats jacqui
You can hit her really fucking hard in the corner, but other than that, it's her playing field. A good Jacqui will keep you in the neutral no matter what it takes. Love to hear why you think Bart wins.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
How come Balanced is 3-7 but Piercing is 4-6? I'm not downplaying Kenshi's ability to keep BRC out but Mileena's zoning is leaps and bounds better.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
umm no way he's this bad. and imo he beats jacqui
I definitely think thats debatable considering her ability to quickly add pressure to him plus her walk speed etc so idk...

Fast over head etc and even if its not full auto shotgun can still do him in from a few feet away stopping his assault (i also dont think his stop is quick enough to trade with jacquis stuff)..

Idk man i kind of feel she definitively wins that MU

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
How come Balanced is 3-7 but Piercing is 4-6? I'm not downplaying Kenshi's ability to keep BRC out but Mileena's zoning is leaps and bounds better.
To be honest I've been making this chart since I started with Bart and the Balanced stuff was from early on. It's very possible it's not as bad as 3-7 to me anymore, but I cant be sure because the guy who I played against has since quit MKX.

All know is that I dont have issue with Mileena zoning. I feel like I can get in eventually, but against Balanced I found it harder to deal with . On paper they should probably have the same MU number but it just doesnt feel that way. You also cant milk a life lead against Balanced. You can avoid Sais, but not Kenshi's shit. You'll take chip and he'll get more meter.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Genuinely feel HQT is an 8-2. Atleast in drunken master.
This is altogether possible. HQT has better normals with more range, his zoning is great against Bart, he has an armored launcher to blow up gaps. Those are Bart's 3 biggest weaknesses.

I consider this MU the worst for Bart currently, but hesistate to give is a 2-8.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
To be honest I've been making this chart since I started with Bart and the Balanced stuff was from early on. It's very possible it's not as bad as 3-7 to me anymore, but I cant be sure because the guy who I played against has since quit MKX.

All know is that I dont have issue with Mileena zoning. I feel like I can get in eventually, but against Balanced I found it harder to deal with . On paper they should probably have the same MU number but it just doesnt feel that way. You also cant milk a life lead against Balanced. You can avoid Sais, but not Kenshi's shit. You'll take chip and he'll get more meter.
Eeeeeh, you can duck teleflurry. I haven't tested this but I'm pretty sure BarTITsu can punish his regular shoulder with F1 considering it's -15.
There's no way Balanced does more chip and builds more meter than Mileena, dude, his meter build while zoning isn't terrible but Mileena can literally machine gun her sais.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I strongly believe that bartitsu beats all of kotals varations
Haha, I'm actually with you on Sun God and Blood God. Especially Blood God. I wasn't ready to post it.

War God is different though. I find it to be a game of life leads which is why I went 5-5. Why do you think Bart beats WG?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Eeeeeh, you can duck teleflurry. I haven't tested this but I'm pretty sure BarTITsu can punish his regular shoulder with F1 considering it's -15.
There's no way Balanced does more chip and builds more meter than Mileena, dude, his meter build while zoning isn't terrible but Mileena can literally machine gun her sais.
Labbed on this for a couple hours. I think you're right. Balanced is clearly still a bad MU for Bart, but probably not as bad as 3-7. I really need to play someone who is really good at Balanced.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Labbed on this for a couple hours. I think you're right. Balanced is clearly still a bad MU for Bart, but probably not as bad as 3-7. I really need to play someone who is really good at Balanced.
If you're on PS4 EU then I can play some Balanced, I'm a day 1 Kenshi main.

I kinda feel like bartitsu just bullies all of kotals varations I feel like I can do whatever I want in that match even with Wargod armor

omooba

fear the moobs
I definitely think thats debatable considering her ability to quickly add pressure to him plus her walk speed etc so idk...

Fast over head etc and even if its not full auto shotgun can still do him in from a few feet away stopping his assault (i also dont think his stop is quick enough to trade with jacquis stuff)..

Idk man i kind of feel she definitively wins that MU
You can hit her really fucking hard in the corner, but other than that, it's her playing field. A good Jacqui will keep you in the neutral no matter what it takes. Love to hear why you think Bart wins.
because other that full auto (in which case i would switch to DM) jacqui's neutral is ass and he can abuse d4 against all her variations but i don't play him ....yet so could be wrong

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
because other that full auto (in which case i would switch to DM) jacqui's neutral is ass and he can abuse d4 against all her variations but i don't play him ....yet so could be wrong
Her gun shots cant be jumped or forward dashed or armored through. There is no short cuts getting close to her and Bo's walk speed sucks. She has plenty of tricks to control your movement towards her. She can use low rocket, up rocket, meter burn the gun shots then run up and stagger, or jump in for a 50/50. Her back walk is so good she'll make you whiff B14, and F11 and then punish. She can back dash all of Bo's string gaps for combo punish or pressure. She will have at least 1 breaker per round. D4 doesnt get you anywhere in the neutral. I dont know what abusing it would ever get you unless she's cornered.

She controls the situation mid screen.

But once she's cornered she has lots of trouble getting up safely. That's when you destroy her. All it takes though is one misread and she cross over you and then start it all over. That is why it's a losing MU.

omooba

fear the moobs
Her gun shots cant be jumped or forward dashed or armored through. There is no short cuts getting close to her and Bo's walk speed sucks. She has plenty of tricks to control your movement towards her. She can use low rocket, up rocket, meter burn the gun shots then run up and stagger, or jump in for a 50/50. Her back walk is so good she'll make you whiff B14, and F11 and then punish. She can back dash all of Bo's string gaps for combo punish or pressure. She will have at least 1 breaker per round. D4 doesnt get you anywhere in the neutral. I dont know what abusing it would ever get you unless she's cornered.

She controls the situation mid screen.

But once she's cornered she just lots of trouble getting up safely. That's when you destroy her. All it takes though is one misread and she cross over you and then start it all over. That is why it's a losing MU.
again that's just one variation of jacqui and i said i would switch to DM for that match up. also she cannot backdash and punish any of his gaps and she doesn't have an amored luancher so the 17% isn;t that bad. against all her other variations they can't keep him out and he can abuse d4.
maybe bartitsu looses to the full auto (5-5 imo)
but bartitsu destroys the other two and DM destroys full auto