What's new

General/Other - Dragons Fire Liu kangs real frame data

Lone

KHAOTIC
I've used F21U4 since I saw Zyphox use it at Evo to finish off Saltface, just here and there. I didn't know it was actually plus. Just considered it safe because of the pushback or BF2 flying over ex slides.

infamy23

FireBeard
b1 can only be considered a 10f move if your definition of "startup" does not coincide with MKX's definition.

If you look at the numbers logically, they make perfect sense. b1 goes through a startup animation for 9 frames. After those 9 frames have passed, the hitbox will appear on frame 10 (the first active frame).

The in-game data for b1 is accurate, as long as you understand that startup frames do not include the 1st active frame or frame of contact.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
b1 can only be considered a 10f move if your definition of "startup" does not coincide with MKX's definition.

If you look at the numbers logically, they make perfect sense. b1 goes through a startup animation for 9 frames. After those 9 frames have passed, the hitbox will appear on frame 10 (the first active frame).

The in-game data for b1 is accurate, as long as you understand that startup frames do not include the 1st active frame or frame of contact.
Yes exactly. Continue fighting the good fight by spreading the gospel, friend.

So is that for every move or certain moves?

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
No promises on how quick I'll get around to it, but if I feel up to it I'll get 100% true DF FB run cancel frame data for some of his more common used cancels, using recording equipment. F213, B12, F44, and F12 are probably what I'll start with.

I find Liu Kang pretty fun and might actually use him as an alt (for locals/experience) down the line. He's probably the most interesting char to me aside from Cage, which is why I'd bother with finding out the exact frame data
Welcome aboard brother! I recently picked up a list. Cancel characters are a lot of fun

infamy23

FireBeard
So is that for every move or certain moves?
That applies to every move in the game.

There are no exceptions, although a lot of people have misinterpreted what happens when you do a reversal, and they think that startup is being affected.

Startup values are constant, and startup never includes the frame of contact.

The only value that ever changes is blockstun. Blockstun gets reduced when a reversal is performed, and prior to the most recent patch, blockstun was randomly being increased when the defender was crouching.

I don't know if someone already knew this pressure, but I recorded it in a case that someone didn't know it.

It's really good! It works against the most of the characters of the cast.
Yeh been doing this for a long while , hit confirming f12 after fk mb, against characters with 6 frame standing normals usually, if they don't then more likely 111/112 hit confirm

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
So what is the best thing to do after mb fkying kick although its +2 I usually feel like im at disadvantage I cant ever makepeople respect it
There's a exact time for you press the buttons after the Flying Kick MB. You have to figure out the exact time.

After the Flying Kick MB, you can do a mind game:

1 - Bait your oponent, and then, punish him;

2 - Use B1 (9f - 2 = 7f mid);

3 = S1 (8f - 2 = 6f high);

4 - Use F1 (6f - 2 = 4f high);

5 - Use F4 (10f - 2 = 8f low);

6 - Use F2 (10f - 2 = 8f mid);

7 - Throw (10 - 2 = 8f throw).

Last edited:
There's a exact time for you press the buttons after the Flying Kick MB. You have to figure out the exact time.

After the Flying Kick MB, you can do a mind game: okay so the timing is a little weird though you cant press anything right away but you can still can gain something

1 - Bait your oponent, and then, punish him;

2 - Use B1 (9f - 2 = 7f mid);

3 = S1 (8f - 2 = 6f high);

4 - Use F1 (6f - 2 = 4f high);

5 - Use F4 (10f - 2 = 8f low);

6 - Use F2 (10f - 2 = 8f mid);

7 - Throw (10 - 2 = 8f throw).

xXxNasHxXx

Mighty Champion of EarthRealm
Liu Kang community please help me to deal with this. Its like a cancer for Liu Kang's pressure. Provided a video of what i am talking about. It destroys the whole pressure and a second later Liu Kang is stuck in 50/50 games.

xXxNasHxXx

There is one option that Liu Kang has which can be useful to deal with Kotal's D4 but it has drawbacks too.
if they timed the D4 correctly they can easily block the neutral jump kick (LK's NJP sucks) and hit him with another D4 and Kang is again stuck in the mixups.

Last edited:

xXxNasHxXx

His low kick is 6 frames so you can try and do b2 my I just block because most kotals are slap happy with d1
Pal b2 is an overhead with 13f startup and its not even a low crusher so its not possible to hit him with that. And the worst part is the ridiculously good range of D4.

Last edited:

xXxNasHxXx

LK's neutral jump kick option doesn't work against Kotal's d1 and a perfectly timed d2 at all. Liu will get full combo punished if he jumps at Kotal Kahn's d1.

xXxNas post: 1915676 said:
Pal b2 is an overhead with 13f startup and its not even a low crusher so its not possible to hit him with that. And the worst part is the ridiculously good range of D4.
Typo that was supposed to be b12 pal

Im gonna dive into this later. Not because i want to play lk, but want to figure out how he works. Everytime i play a lk it seems like they just have endless blockstrings that can never be armored or poked and i know that isnt the case or it atleast should end when stamina runs out