What's new

Liu Kang Dragon Stance

Been playing a bit of him lately, and think I've found a use for the stance other than making a cool corner combo

If you're against KL and he teleports, on reaction you can go into the dragon stance and press 1, the stance will put you out of reach of all of his attacks if timed properly and launch him as a punish you can then get a 35% punisher on it.

Trying to use it against ranged jumps aswell seems to work

Anybody else got any other uses for it?
I applied this strategy the other day against blueNINE 's Kung Lao and I can confirm that it is a useful tactic at high level play. He was like "yo daaaaaaaaamn". That is all.

Lou Kang

Noob
I like to bait out jump ins with low fire balls, but i find a jump in kick beats the ds+1 more often than not

I like to bait out jump ins with low fire balls, but i find a jump in kick beats the ds+1 more often than not
Stand 2 can beat jump kicks. The timing to do so is not super generous but it can be done. I've even used stand 2 to beat Kung Lao's dive kick, which he thought was total bullshit, lol

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
If you're against KL and he teleports, on reaction you can go into the dragon stance and press 1, the stance will put you out of reach of all of his attacks if timed properly and launch him as a punish you can then get a 35% punisher on it.
This works for Scorpion's and Ermac's teleports as well. Dont do it on reaction though, its much harder to do. I find myself doing it against the teleport-happy AI pretty consistently.

This works for Scorpion's and Ermac's teleports as well. Dont do it on reaction though, its much harder to do. I find myself doing it against the teleport-happy AI pretty consistently.
Yeah I mean if you're reacting to the teleport you may as well just block and get a full combo punish. Unless Dragon Stance also makes Scorpion's EX Teleport whiff? Does that work?

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Wait hold up check that it doesnt make Scorpion's teleport whiff, you punish it. DS 1 will hit Scorpion and Ermac out of their tele's, enhanced or no.

I use DS back dash cancel as a footsies tool. In sweep or jump distance I use DS to bait reactions, and if my opponent takes the bait I back dash cancel then use B+1 xx Low FB to whiff punish. I also cancel into parry if I know Iwill get hit by my opponent's attack.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Im more than a little late to this thread, but i completely agree. When i zone a character with a teleport, i do it from dragon stance. Not only can you 1 on reaction, but should they teleport as you try to throw a HFB, it reverses the inputs and you get a 30 some odd percent punish depending on their height. Id say against lao, or raiden, im in dragon stance half the match. This totally decimates raiden teleporting on you.