What's new

Liu Kang Discussion Thread

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
What do you guys do in the corner when landing the f3333?

I know that 34,12,123 ender does more damage but I feel 12,12,123 ended is more consistent.

Or is there any other corner combos you guys do after the f3333.
Either 34 12 123 flying kick or 34 123 bicycle kicks usually

For max damage I do 3 Amp Low FB 123 flying kick or 34 Amp Low FB 123 flying kick. The former is easier but the latter does more damage so I've gotta be feeling myself to do it

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I'm going to sound stupid and nooby... But I cannot land the b34 amplified low fireball into 12 in the corner... Either i press the 12 command too slow so it whiffs, or i just get the standing 2 because i pressed it nervously. I know i must practice.... But is there a jedi way?

Last edited:

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I'm going to sound stupid and nooby... But I cannot land the b34 amplified low fireball into 12 in the corner... Either i oress the 12 comma d too slow so it whiffs, or i get Just the standing 2 because i pressed it nervously. I know i must practice.... But is there a jedi way?
Only works on males so maybe that's the issue, on females you've gotta do D1 flying kick

Otherwise it's just a timing thing

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Honest question. Which character's which move does F43 not beat out?
Jade's 7f d1, 9f d2, 10f d4 all lose to it 100% of the time in my experience.

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
Poor Sonya ...
As i said long time ago, best zoning for mixed character. No one come close to him in that department.
I mean it’s also two of the best players around right now...Ninja’s LK has always been ridiculous and he actually plays him the way you should.

It’s funny...F44 in MKX was a fast advancing low starter and his FBC’s made him pretty much broken yet somehow he flew under the radar and didn’t get that much hate in comparison.

I’m not opening Pandora’s box here either. Lord knows there has been enough angst about MK11’s LK. More or less saying how a watered down game by comparison to MKX opens up stuff that would never have been complained about otherwise

HoangS-Z

Learn From This!
Can u guys tell me the whiffing issue of Liu's F43? I heard many ppl talk about it but i haven't seen it. How did F43 get whiffed? Is it when the opponent standing block the first 2 hits then duck blocking the last hit?

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
here:

but only few characters can do it. noob is not one of them :rolleyes: i don't know if it's still possible after the patch though. maybe they've fixed that already.

Last edited:
Wrubez, my problem with NRS is their s**** type of balance. They are not balancing properly. They are changing the guard. This is plain stupid to me.
What is the point of balance if you just change Sonya with Liu Kang, and so on.
Still some character have ridiculous KB and FB. And FB are still too much OP, they need to be toned down.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Cliff notes on the J.Cage MU?

What's the staggers I should be looking out for? I play Wu Shi Legend btw

asmith

Noob
IMO best variation against Johnny Cage is LQ. The reason is low fireball.

Both WSL and DB variations suffer from mid distance neutral game and Johnny Cage has range. Every move you do with WSL and DB, Johhny Cage can poke you out easily. You can tag him with your sweep b4, but that's 18 frames and risky. A simple jump can punish you. With LQ you can keep doing low fireball and high fireballs and keep him guessing at least.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Here is a small Liu video I just made. It is a compilation of kombat league funny stuff that everyone more or less has experienced. Have fun and tell me what you thought about that cassie fatal blow...

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Does anyone know how to do the headshot Air Fireball into Dragon Kick crushing blow? Checl this ninjakilla/wizegemini fight in the timestamped video below...

WizeGemini seems to jump back/forward , then before touching the ground the air punch animation comes out just before the air fireball happens!
I tried this in practice, yet it doesn't seem to come out. If I press either a kick or punch button while ariborne, the air fireball never comes out.
Anyone please?

RAYBAANN

Noob
Does anyone know how to do the headshot Air Fireball into Dragon Kick crushing blow? Checl this ninjakilla/wizegemini fight in the timestamped video below...

WizeGemini seems to jump back/forward , then before touching the ground the air punch animation comes out just before the air fireball happens!
I tried this in practice, yet it doesn't seem to come out. If I press either a kick or punch button while ariborne, the air fireball never comes out.
Anyone please?

That move is very useful against Geras, because he will try to punish your jump punch/kick with Quick Sand, then you can do air fireball into flying kick combo, sometimes punishing to KB. My tip for you is to wait for Liu Kang to reach the maximum possible height in the jump, and a two microseconds after, release the punch/kick + fireball. It's not something that has been very difficult for me, with mere practice it comes out.

Check this fights:

I learned the tech when I first saw it being executed just by WizeGemini vs Geras in this Destroyer's video, starting at 2:03:02:

Hope it helps!

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
dude ! ! !
Those were great flawless blocks ! !
Did you adjust to his offensive patterns and execute them or do you have flawless blocks down SO good?
A lot of Jax players jail in this way (the D3 or D4 - not sure which it is - then that punch or the fast kick) so its fairly easy once you get the timing down. And pretty much all of them attack after the corner restand so its just a timing thing also.
And if the other person flawless blocks, you get some fun exchanges like these: