What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang corner block trap

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
yes, he has a TRUE block infinite on SOME characters WITHOUT meter at the cost of STAMINA, that guy is getting to Dink levels pretty quick
OK be more specific when you say true block infinite, just dont throw that sentence around and have people thinking it's for all characters in the game

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Nah, 113 is a mixup. 11 into f2 is johnnys only way of opening people up for the most part. The rest is just pressure/chip which Liu does better anyways. Nowhere am I saying Johnny isn't good but he doesn't have dirt like this either.
11 into F2 is not a mixup. Its 100% possible to fuzzy guard.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
What does my avatar have to do with anything moron... oh you can get jailed by 114 ex forceballs but "nobody uses it". You sound like the people who say "yeah you can get put in a block infinite but nobody uses it" .please.
Look man, A-List ex forceballs are only +4 and don't jail into anything; because of the pushback any character can avoid any follow up with a backdash, or armor, or use any 7f pokes, or jump back, or whatever. You just don't know what you are talking about and almost everything you said in this thread is false...know your facts and avoid writing bullshit, thanks

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
It's funny how Dave has been trying to get Liu nerfed further for so long, he even talked about it on the podcast and Slips was like, "It's fine, all he has is pressure."
I've never promoted block infinites. I said it was dumb he could jail it with dash cancels but would fine if he has to use run cancels. Which apparently still might not be fine since his mb bicycle kick keeps him positive and he can keep it going on some characters.

Just don't go around quoting me out of context please.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
This is false. There is no special "extra frame to come out of block stun" as some say.

Reversals remove one frame of block stun, that is a special property of reversals. Normals are not affected whatsoever from block stun.

After LK does Flying Kick MB followed by b12 doing a 6f normal will win clean, while a 7f normal will trade.

And as you can imagine, after Flying Kick MB, 6 or 7f normals will beat f213 clean, while 8f will trade.

So just to clear up the misconception that still is going around, there is absolutely no characters in the game who cannot trade with f213 after Flying Kick MB. However f2 has very high hit stun when trading, so it's doubtful that the 8f move helps.

To be very clear one last time:

Liu Kang only has a pseudo block infinite on Erron Black, Kenshi, Takeda and Jason while they do not have meter. This is a pseudo block infinite because a trade can still occur with an 8f normal. Every other character in the game can cleanly poke out of Flying Kick MB into F213 if timed properly.
Damn until this day I still thought there was that extra block stun frame. Good to know that it's shaving off one frame by specials rather than adding one by normals.

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
No one is against jailing you bum. We're against block infinites which is a little different.... Also no one uses 114 into forceballs so I don't know why you're talking about that. 113 is the mixup, 114 is for jailing and spending a bar for no mixup. You have a liu kang avatar and you're talking to someone about Downplaying?? Loooooool. Typical TYM poster.
So everything has to lead to a mixup huh? So if someones low you gotta mix them up? What if a cage hits u with nutpunch, 4 to be super plus, jaill u into 114 and ex forceball to try and chip u out when you're low? If u block it he can follow up with f3 to try and continue since hes plus.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
This is false. There is no special "extra frame to come out of block stun" as some say.

Reversals remove one frame of block stun, that is a special property of reversals. Normals are not affected whatsoever from block stun.

After LK does Flying Kick MB followed by b12 doing a 6f normal will win clean, while a 7f normal will trade.

And as you can imagine, after Flying Kick MB, 6 or 7f normals will beat f213 clean, while 8f will trade.

So just to clear up the misconception that still is going around, there is absolutely no characters in the game who cannot trade with f213 after Flying Kick MB. However f2 has very high hit stun when trading, so it's doubtful that the 8f move helps.

To be very clear one last time:

Liu Kang only has a pseudo block infinite on Erron Black, Kenshi, Takeda and Jason while they do not have meter. This is a pseudo block infinite because a trade can still occur with an 8f normal. Every other character in the game can cleanly poke out of Flying Kick MB into F213 if timed properly. Several characters with 8f at fastest moves can use a low profile move in lieu (Kang :DOGE) of a fast poke to escape. Such as Johnny D4, Kano d4, etc

I am liking this post not because of the false information regulation but because of your pun.

haketh

Noob
One thing that would help keep things like this from happening are EX Moves not building meter, I don't get why NRS keeps doing this. NO other games does this for a reason

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Look man, A-List ex forceballs are only +4 and don't jail into anything; because of the pushback any character can avoid any follow up with a backdash, or armor, or use any 7f pokes, or jump back, or whatever. You just don't know what you are talking about and almost everything you said in this thread is false...know your facts and avoid writing bullshit, thanks
I did
i said 114 JAILS... and the dickrider has arrived. I was saying 114 jails. Im seeing so much shit about liu and jailing but i rarely see anyone talking about the bigger offenders. If what i write is bs feel free to hit ignore bro

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Better than TANYA? stoooooop....he has nothing that makes him better...she has better pressure,better damage, better mobility. ..much better mixups..seriously man reach at another character
Better pressure? Have you not been following this thread? At minimum, Liu Kang gets 9 blocked hits into a MB plus on block special, at the end of which he's pushed you to the corner from blocking, built meter, and now you have to guess to get out.

Rude

I wouldn't care less if they take away all his +frame run cancels.

I'm asking these in return:
make his dragon fire fireball not useless aside from run cancels
better recovery on his fireballs
better air normals
faster d1
db2 doesn't get low profiled
overhead is safer on block
better hitbox on d2

Liu Kang's fireballs are already very good. They recover fairly quickly, they can go under high projectiles and do something like 7-8% on hit.

They're fine as counterzoning tools, which is what you're supposed to do with them.

Rude

Thanks for the knowledge. So basically, you always have the option of armour, however he has options to counter it (frame perfect B1, or block+punish), but it will catch an attempt to go straight into armour. If I'm reading it right.

Regardless, the option should never be "armour or breaker or die", theres nothing wrong with loopable pressure or combos, but it should also STOP eventually on its own or at least give a meterless option to escape the reset at the end on the correct read.

And thats the biggest outlier.

GM's reliance on the clone and how it's mileage is very match-up dependant, and the fact the entire character is balanced around it regarddless, also makes some match ups just as bad from the opposite direction, like D'Vorah (any variation) or Quan Chi (any variation), for examples.

Let's not make this thread about the person starting it, let's keep it to the actual points hes made and whether or not they are right or wrong.

I especially agree with the last part. No need to go in on the OP personally, especially since this thread isn't about Sub.

Personally, I'm a little confused. Tempest MB Hat Pressure was deemed too strong, but this stuff is fine?

I don't understand NRS' thinking.

Either every one should have fucked up shit, or no one does.

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
Story Time

There once was a man named Cyrax. He was king of the damage. Unblock able resets reaching the triple digits in damage all at the cost of 1 to 2 bars of meter that he got most back mid combo.

He had many ways of going into his infamous 100 to 0 "Touch of death" setups. People wondered how would anyone be able to beat this ungodly demon who NRS has released onto us all??

One question still remained... "where is his plethora of majors won??"

Moral of Story

Yeah we all know LK has some rediculous pressure. We know he's a pain with the fireball cancels and can pressure you're lights out.

But looking at some posts. Some people believe that every round including the first one starts with Liu Kang to your left and you in the corner.

This is also something that requires you to be almost frame perfect as an LK player and to my knowledge there's no option select that covers every way out of this pressure. Also i wonder if NRS shenanigans will come into play with this at some point.

NRS Things = (Breathing hitboxes, Tremors db1d whiffs in corner, combos dropping in left corner)

The fact that there's reads to be made shows there's a guessing game be falling both combatants.

But I wouldn't mind there being a window widening to punish. However people are acting like he'should tier 0, new Kabal konfirmed.

The Counter Argument
Cyrax had to deal with broken characters that had tools that completely shut down the cast and we're plus frame or armor city. Kenshi, Kabal, Kung Lao, Freddy, Cage, Sonya, Jax.

Well Liu Kang doesn't have that 50/50. He doesn't have a vortex. He's not the plus master Kung Lao used to be either. But that too got nerfed

Counter #2

Hell fire Scorpion got nerfed for less.

... you right. And therefore I've got nothing to say for that. But he did have hellfire...

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I did
i said 114 JAILS... and the dickrider has arrived. I was saying 114 jails. Im seeing so much shit about liu and jailing but i rarely see anyone talking about the bigger offenders. If what i write is bs feel free to hit ignore bro
Iif you crouch the 4 then the 11 does not jail

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I especially agree with the last part. No need to go in on the OP personally, especially since this thread isn't about Sub.

Personally, I'm a little confused. Tempest MB Hat Pressure was deemed too strong, but this stuff is fine?

I don't understand NRS' thinking.

Either every one should have fucked up shit, or no one does.
I kinda agree, but Tempest has amazing footsies, best Oki in the game, and 2nd best damage in the game, and is safe on like everything, and also has an Overhead starter, better pokes, gets much damage out of his armor and has like the best hit box in the game (very relevant compared to LKs armor) and also 7f.

I mean Tempest is plenty strong without it.

Is DF strong without loopable pressure? Probably not.

Would he be strong without this being a bonfide infinite against 4 or 5 different members of the cast? Of course he would.

I think the solution is finding a way to change this to allow those characters to play the game against LK , but without impacting Liu in any other way.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Iif you crouch the 4 then the 11 does not jail
Man everyone is trying and failing at picking apart SylverRye's example... You can't crouch a 4 after nutpunch... The whole point he brought this up was just to discuss jailing in general. Anything into nutpunch gets you a guaranteed jailing 4xxSKRC, 114xxEX Forceballs and you remain plus. Thats all he was trying to say.

Literally the only reason he said anything about Johnny was just as a random example lol.