What's new

General/Other List of Doomsday Patch Changes

04/16/2013
Day 0: This would be if you bought the game and did not install the Day 1 patch.

Doomsday's Trait lasts for 6 seconds and has a 10 second cooldown.

04/16/2013
Day 1 Patch:
NERFS:
Doomsday's Trait: Trait lasts for 5 seconds (Down from 6) and the cooldown is 15 seconds (up from 10)

05/07/2013
Lobo Patch:
NERFS:
Doomsday's Falling Brimstone attack (AKA Body Splash or Jump D3) has a much smaller hitbox.

05/21/2013
Batgirl Patch:
NERFS:
Doomsday's Hunter string (1,1,2) now does .4% chip (down from 7.17% chip)

So Doomsday has been NERFED
Day 1 Patch
Lobo Patch
Batgirl Patch

How the changes affect Doomsday's gameplay.

Day 1 Patch: Trait doesn't last as long and has a longer cooldown.

Basically our trait doesn't last as long and the longer cooldown hurts Doomsday on matchups where we want to use trait to get in on our opponent.

With the longer cooldown we have to turtle longer in order for our trait to be active again.

Lobo Patch: The body splash nerf.

Before the nerf Doomsday had an excellent mixup game of either the crossover body splash, or the neutral jump body splash, and either of them could be repeated again or you could go into a string or another body splash and the opponent had a rough time guessing which one you were going to do. Also the smaller hit box hurt him on some of the crossover game with all characters.

A weird side note. The body splash nerf also had something beneficial to come along with it. I know in an earlier post I had told MastererBetty to be careful about doing 1,2,3 after a blocked body splash because you could be d1'd into full combo punish if you attempt that. But because the body splash hitbox is now smaller we are now safe to do a 1 string if we want.

This is particularly useful with the broken 1,1,2 string however that got patched :(.

Batgirl Patch: Well now the 1,1,2 string is fixed so that frees us up to use all our strings after a blocked body splash

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
i think he is going to keep getting nerf...and wow his traits lasts 5 seconds? it feels longer. But yeah pig called his trait broken....so i hope you're going to stick with him.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
I hope Doomsday doesnt get nerfed again, always love to see how sheeva players do well when they play a similar but far better character.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
The last patch was a fix. Not much of a nerf since it was not intended to do hit damage on block.

Kevo

Formerly Kevo8390
Is it really fair to say the lobo patch or batgirl patch were nerfs? Seems like they were fixes to me. A high priority air attack having an invisible hitbox and a 3 hit string doing 7% chip on block as opposed to all other normal strings doing .3%-.5%

But because the body splash hitbox is now smaller we are now safe to do a 1 string
Are you sure about this? Not to doubt you, and I'd like nothing more than for it to be true, but I distinctly remember interrupting another DD doing jip d3,1 with my own d1, es just last week. Unfortunately, I can't test this now, so I'm hoping that your can confirm it.

Are you sure about this? Not to doubt you, and I'd like nothing more than for it to be true, but I distinctly remember interrupting another DD doing jip d3,1 with my own d1, es just last week. Unfortunately, I can't test this now, so I'm hoping that your can confirm it.
I ran a test last night against Batman, Ares, and Superman. I will try DD as well. Super late day at work tonight so I won't be able to test this till tomorrow night.

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
Also with the Batgirl patch is adjusted the damage for ship on the player one side on the Fortress stage. Just ran a test tonight and the combo: Stage, jd3, 3, Stage, b3, Dash Forward, 3, Venom which did 51% now does 41%.

Dropping by 10% is very intense decrease

Also with the Batgirl patch is adjusted the damage for ship on the player one side on the Fortress stage. Just ran a test tonight and the combo: Stage, jd3, 3, Stage, b3, Dash Forward, 3, Venom which did 51% now does 41%.

Dropping by 10% is very intense decrease
Not worth doing anymore I guess, since the normal one does 39%.

Can Aquaman D2 anti air his bodysplash now without trading hits?
He always was able to. It is VERY hard to jump against Aquaman.

Further testing on body splash into standing 1 string: The opponent cannot even duck the 1 after they block a body splash. So it looks like we can use our 1 after a blocked body splash. I will test the 2 attack tonight.

Further testing on body splash into standing 1 string: The opponent cannot even duck the 1 after they block a body splash. So it looks like we can use our 1 after a blocked body splash.
Finally got some lab time.

The 1 will whiff after certain TALL character mash d1 after blocking a splash. Fortunately, the only characters who seem to be able to do this consistently are Doomsday, Lex and Grundy. Sinestro can do it to, but only if he blocks the splash from a very specific angle.