What's new

Question List of characters to use the 2,2,2 ice clone setup in the corner?

Yeah Tom Brady proved in one of his bradycasts that the set up will freeze him if he does a wake up attack,
the only exception is when he does an Ex Dash, but you can block that with the set up as well and punish.

Enenra

Go to hell.
It's best on Sindel, Mileena, Kabal, and characters with advancing armored specials like Reptile when they have meter

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The point of the 2,2,2 is to create a situation where you won't get blown up by any wakeup attacks or armor.
The fact that most characters can't really even move make it a great setup.

After you condition someone with it, you can usually squeeze out a 2,1,2 or a throw ... because they'll simply just block on wakeup.
Shoutouts to ice clones :)

I tried it in practice mode with wake up attack on in the options, I still get blown up by the Ex Shadow Kick, dunno if the regular one will make a difference.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Negative I will make a detailed list when I get free time today.
It can be used against everyone effectively.

Obviously there are going to be some characters where you can do the normal bnb.... but typically when your opponent has meter... and they have armor or an advancing special... this should be used.
I"m interested to see what you have to say, and dear god if you have better setups i'll be happy :)

Defenestrator

I do windows
How long after throwing the clone are you able to block? Reading the frame data, start up is one frame, duration is 37 frames and clone duration is 149 frames. I must be throwing clone after a string instead of cancelling because I get eaten by armored wake-ups .

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
How long after throwing the clone are you able to block? Reading the frame data, start up is one frame, duration is 37 frames and clone duration is 149 frames. I must be throwing clone after a string instead of cancelling because I get eaten by armored wake-ups .
the 2,2,2 has a splat knockdown... so you get added time.
I may be wrong. But i haven't ever had any wakeups blow me up after it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Containing Reptile isn't as easy as you think mr theory fighter
actually its not as hard as you think it is.... exFB is not a good option for him in the corner as long as SZ has meter. Basically you are getting a free combo and reset of the entire situation.... and he probably doesn't have breaker since he used the meter for the FB. AND you can react ot it.
Seems like a fairly good trade off.
Oh... and if you slide immediately..... they can't punish immediately with that clone up....

actually its not as hard as you think it is.... exFB is not a good option for him in the corner as long as SZ has meter. Basically you are getting a free combo and reset of the entire situation.... and he probably doesn't have breaker since he used the meter for the FB. AND you can react ot it.
Seems like a fairly good trade off.
Oh... and if you slide immediately..... they can't punish immediately with that clone up....
I understand what you're saying but you have to realize both Reptiles and Subs options are based on reads. You will have to let go of crouch to input your ex slide and then it's like me saying oh well if I see you standing I'll just ex slide my ass out of here.

Regardless, Reptile is one of the few characters who has it easier in the corner then the rest of the cast.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I understand what you're saying but you have to realize both Reptiles and Subs options are based on reads. Regardless, Reptile is one of the few characters who has it easier in the corner then the rest of the cast.
you act like I have no idea what i'm talking about.
Reptile has it just as hard as anyone else does after the 2,2,2 setup. His saving grace is that his exSlide switches places and allows him to walk away.