What's new

List of All Gaps in Characters' Kombo Strings

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I've updated the OP acknowledging gaps large enough to allow reversals (that will get blown up if the string is finished), but not large enough to Flawless Block. Unless some weird tech develops that utilizes those smaller gaps, I won't add them to the list.

Kotal has a gaps in F243
F24(gap)3
I believe B22 has a gap in B2(Gap)2 as well.

Some of them only have 7f of gap but can still be flawless Blocked if you lab it extensively.
You're absolutely sure those gaps can be FB'd? Like, you've seen it happen yourself? They have gaps, yeah, but I can't seem to Flawless Block once.

Hi. Kabal's F224 has a small gap as AI starts a backdash.
221 and 11 too. But all of them are not successful so no point back dashing. Not even fatal blow.

But true for flawless block it is not "big enough" I guess. :)

That might be only relevant if you e.g.spam fatal blow looking for stagger during the strings. In Injustice you would spam D1 and blown up for it haha.
Yeah, it's weird. Some strings have gaps that let you attempt reversals, but not Flawless Block, and without any armor, it's literally useless right now as an interrupt.

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
You're absolutely sure those gaps can be FB'd? Like, you've seen it happen yourself? They have gaps, yeah, but I can't seem to Flawless Block once.
Sub Zero can slide between them but I'm not sure if they can be flawless Blocked on the fly, what I can do in practice is not the same as a live match.

Why
kabal
have
no
gaps
WTF
Not having a gap might not mean automatically stronger char.

E.g. Scorpion has gap in F34 which I think will make scorpion stronger as the opponent might try to blow it up with flawless block then the good F3 stagger (or F32 in v2) might work even better.
Other characters have the same opportunity to punish flawless block hard - even if it has a risk in it (letting flawless block punished is a risk too).

Probably need several months to get in there accross the community. Maybe it turns out that in certain situations the flawless block attempt is not worth as more risk than letting the gap happen. :)

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Flawless block, fatal blow and armored interactive objects have same rules only works if gap is 6 frames or more.
Really? Armored interactibles don't work either? I always thought their armor was instant, but never thought to confirm myself. That sucks lol.

AU_SUCK

MEOW
Maybe you could add in parentheses next to each string how negative the hit is on flawless block? Would make it much more useful for on the fly learning how to punish a string someone is abusing.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Is there a way to tell which strings have gaps (and how big they are) just by doing math with the frame data?

Is there a way to tell which strings have gaps (and how big they are) just by doing math with the frame data?
Yes. You need to get block cancel adv. for move.
Math is simple start up frame + active frame(frame move contact the block not active frame from fd.)+ Recovery+block adv.-cancel.
If next your move is faster or even then no gap.
Example jax f2,1+3 string
F2 start up 12, recovery 19, cancel 16, block adv. -4. Active frame 1.
Block cancel adv. 12 frames.
1+3 start up 18 frames. This string have gap 6 frames. Only gap 6 or more frame gives you options. From 1 to 5 you can't do any thing.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Yes. You need to get block cancel adv. for move.
Math is simple start up frame + active frame(frame move contact the block not active frame from fd.)+ Recovery+block adv.-cancel.
If next your move is faster or even then no gap.
Example jax f2,1+3 string
F2 start up 12, recovery 19, cancel 16, block adv. -4. Active frame 1.
Block cancel adv. 12 frames.
1+3 start up 18 frames. This string have gap 6 frames. Only gap 6 or more frame gives you options. From 1 to 5 you can't do any thing.
You the man. Thank you so much.

y0da

Noob
No Nightwolf. Unless there's another ultimate gaps list crawling the web which I'm not aware of.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I don't think much thought went into where the gaps are. Have characters that don't even lose their for pressing safe hit confirmable gapless mids and others getting launched because there's a flawless block gap on the second hit

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Jades new strings in V3 are riddled with gaps, but since they're dial in I'm not really sure how big they are

Suntory

Suntory
Skarlet's 212 has a gap at: 21(Gap)2, and can be flawess block attacked after the 1; but she can also parry the flawless block attack too.