What's new

Limit fatalities to when you win the set.

• Thread starter Deleted member 61096
  • Start date
I never heard of such a request when I was playing Mortal Kombat in the 90's.
they used to be short, you had a very limited time to pull them and they were hard to input. now it's a long ass disgusting cutscene you have to watch over and over. it's tedious and i absolutley can't understand how any sane person wants to watch that shit more than a few times.

GoonerJoe88

Emperor Of Outworld
The way I feel is everyone should be entitled to perform whatever finisher they want as they won the match. Some people may also be trying to unlock all the heads in the krypt.

I use a stick so most of my Tower of Time gameplay is the A.I. which I thought counted the fatalities towards the heads but I don't think they do. My A.I. performs fatalities almost every match and I haven't unlocked one head. I have yet to jump online.

I can understand the sentiment to a degree... I haven't played a single online match yet since I was grinding the living shit out of towers for gold, souls and hearts to unlock all skins and krypt and seeing Sonya's fatality gives me nausea... the few extra seconds doesn't put me off as much as seeing the same animation for the bazillionth time... kind of same with Fatal Blows - now that it's on a separate trigger from defensive/offensive meters you see them in pretty much every damn match that isn't a one sided stomp - it gets old really fast.

I use a stick so most of my Tower of Time gameplay is the A.I. which I thought counted the fatalities towards the heads but I don't think they do. My A.I. performs fatalities almost every match and I haven't unlocked one head. I have yet to jump online.
I've got all heads by now, playing only ToT with AI - you most definitely do get it.

GoonerJoe88

Emperor Of Outworld
I can understand the sentiment to a degree... I haven't played a single online match yet since I was grinding the living shit out of towers for gold, souls and hearts to unlock all skins and krypt and seeing Sonya's fatality gives me nausea... the few extra seconds doesn't put me off as much as seeing the same animation for the bazillionth time... kind of same with Fatal Blows - now that it's on a separate trigger from defensive/offensive meters you see them in pretty much every damn match that isn't a one sided stomp - it gets old really fast.

I've got all heads by now, playing only ToT with AI - you most definitely do get it.
Really? Wow, I guess I need to grind even more! For the number of times I've seen Shao's fatalities, I thought I would of at least unlocked a couple but nothing so far! Thank you for confirming this.

Really? Wow, I guess I need to grind even more! For the number of times I've seen Shao's fatalities, I thought I would of at least unlocked a couple but nothing so far! Thank you for confirming this.
Are you playing on Switch or PC by any chance? Switch was the last to receive patch (9th May) to reduce requirements for spike wall. Original requirement was 50 fatalities/brutalities performed against any given character (remember it's not how many you do on Shao Kahn, it's how many times you perform fatality when playing against him to unlock his head), now it's slashed down to 25 I think.

I would focus on getting Cetrion's head if I were you - it gives you amulet that you need for puzzle to unlock passage in the Krypt later on.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
I was watching Reo’s koth earlier today, and after all the matches he won he would fatal his opponent, so im just gonna quote him as my response.
“Bro, we are playing mortal kombat now, if u want we can play street fighter, but now we are playing mortal kombat.”

People saying 'Don't lose' - why would you be playing someone you don't lose against?

I don't know how anyone can tolerate watching the same cinematic over and over again. Turns my brain to mush. Fatalities have lost all their impact. They're too frequent and too long. Brutalities are way cooler because they're unexpected, infrequent and are a single fatal hit like the fatalities of the early games. None of this - pull head off, set head on fire, slice head in half, stamp on head, send remaining head goo to another realm etc.

Agilaz

It has begun
Mid set fatalities are the best. I like to extend the torture by doing kano's parry or shao's taunts right before I walk up and slowly do the input.

And the more people complain, the more creative I seek to become in my evil, time scamming methods.

Oh, next time ill just save FB, latch it onto a combo AFTER I get the FINISH HIM, then parry/taunt, then Fatality. Thanks for the inspiration op!

Jhin

"Art is worth the pain."
Dude, do you even like the game's mechanics? Hell, you're complaining so much about Fatal Blows and Fatalities that I wouldn't be surprised if your next post talks about how grabs take too long and do too much damage, damn lol

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Yeah guys, it's totally cool that NRS has monetarily incentivized the complete and total destruction of any novelty fatalities may possess. I totally enjoy watching the same 25 second clip literally thousands of times, and can't fathom how anyone could possibly not be utterly enthralled by such majesty. It's like watching my favorite movie, but 1000 times, so it's a 1000 times better than the first time.

I know we're playing MK, but that shit gets so old, so boring, so fast.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
Fatalities can be annoying, I agree. If I lose a close match I wanna hit restart ASAP and if I get beat by someone I shouldn’t get beat by of course it makes me mad. But it is an important mind game in MK and it should not be a “reward” for winning a set. If I lose two games and figure out what I have to do and I end up winning two games decisively; I might do a fatality, just to let my opponent know that I got him by the balls. If I end up losing the set afterwards I look hella dumb, but if I win it is even more satisfying.

Basically what I’m saying: deal with it, if it bothers you, you are too sensivtive & don’t act like you ain’t got 10 secs to waste, that’s just bullshit. I see how it might piss you off sometimes tho, it does that to me too, but that’s what fatalities are for.

GoonerJoe88

Emperor Of Outworld
Are you playing on Switch or PC by any chance? Switch was the last to receive patch (9th May) to reduce requirements for spike wall. Original requirement was 50 fatalities/brutalities performed against any given character (remember it's not how many you do on Shao Kahn, it's how many times you perform fatality when playing against him to unlock his head), now it's slashed down to 25 I think.

I would focus on getting Cetrion's head if I were you - it gives you amulet that you need for puzzle to unlock passage in the Krypt later on.
I'm on Xbox and I knew they reduced them and the fatalities are supposed to count on who you do it on but I haven't unlocked any heads despite the A.I. doing a fatality every match and I've done a whole lot of TOT and Klassic Towers.