What's new

Limit fatalities to when you win the set.

• Thread starter Deleted member 61096
  • Start date
I understand where he's coming from. If I'm playing a set with someone and after every game they do a fatal it's just wasted time for both of us. Nobody wants to see the same shit 30 times. Some people also consider it BM but that's not the point. When pro players run sets they don't bother doing them as their objective is to play matches.

Now of course the other side of the coin is that you get hearts for doing fatals but even then it isn't that much of a reward. I'm also not gonna criminalize someone for doing what the game has been known for forever. But in really long sets it's just a waste of time. Lastly I like the idea of doing a fatal in tournament in order to give yourself time to adjust or clear your head.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
It's definitely annoying because of how long they take. Things like brutalities are a cool way to show off because they're quick and stylish. Fatalities at the end are fine and warranted, but it most certainly gets really old really fast when people do it every single match.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
It’s probably for tower requirements lol. I have seen Shao Kahn’s a thousand times to get better scores and unlock towers.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Dude is there anything that doesn't bother you? Fatal Blow now fatalities? It's literally the staple of the game. Also it doesn't waist time maybe two seconds at most compared to the long ass outros.
In tournament play they do fatalities but to save time they do restart match once you know they lost to save time but that's limited to locals only.
Fatalities will not go away just because someone doesn't like them. If you win you can falality if they win they get the same opportunity.
I wonder if mercies are the next on the agenda cuz they can mercy then brutality/fatality you.

I'm all for hearing people's opinions and arguments but this one is more of a waisted post and makes no sense.

I agree but only because restricting the Fatality to the end of the set would give it a bit more impact and finality to it.

Don't actually care about the BM/taunting implications and it might actually make the Heart currency grind worse.
I just think it'll hold a bit more weight.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I would like it if NRS adds more fatalities and brutalities for all characters, even if it's only one more each. The brutalities are a nice touch and after discovering that every Brutality has extensions with secret inputs it's easily the greatest addition in MK11 aside from customization.

Look, I understand the instinct to vent our frustration about every single thing that does not appease us , but you’re asking them to remove finishers from Mortal Kombat? C’mon dude.

If it’s such a waste of time, just get up and stretch while the opponents puts your meat through the blender!