What's new

Life outside of MK

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Work 10+ hours a day 6 days a week, plus I do a lot from home. I own the business (Home beer brewing supply store) I work for so I never care about how much I work, but I keep it limited so I can spend some time with the family. I have been married to my wife for 10 years (in August) and I have a 4 year old daughter that keep me busy when I am at home. I have a very active social life outside of the family and work because my business is beer related so I attend club meetings, beer fests, beer tastings, and all kinds of other beer stuff. For fun I drink beer and play MK. I usually get about 3 hours a week max to play MK outside of attending tournaments and hosting level up sessions.
Beer scene in Cleveland is exploding. There is an area close to downtown called Ohio City which is quickly becoming a brewery district. It is where Great Lakes is located, but this other local brew master has 2 other properties in the area and 1 more in the works that are all micro-brew. It is Godlike man.

http://marketgardenbrewery.com/
http://buckeyebeerengine.com/
Ohio City Nano Brew (http://www.cleveland.com/dining/index.ssf/2012/04/market_garden_brewerys_sam_mcn.html)
http://www.thebrewkettle.com/beers/index.html (They have the equipment for you to brew yourself there and last year my friend and I made a white chocolate nut brown ale and it was ridiculous)
http://www.cornerstonebrewing.com/Beers.html

Tim Static

Adminerator
right now im very shocked with my whole life involving my mom kicking me out of the house

it's a hard story to tell,but...

Now, this is the story all about how

My life got flipped-turned upside down

And I'd like to take a minute

Just sit right there

I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised

On the playground was where I spent most of my days

Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool

And all shootin some b-ball outside of school

When a couple of guys

Who were up to no good

Startin making trouble in my neighborhood

I got in one little fight and my mom got scared

She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

I begged and pleaded with her day after day

But she packed my suite case and sent me on my way

She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket.

I put my walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it'.

First class, yo this is bad

Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass.

Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like?

Hmmmmm this might be alright.

But wait, I hear the prissy, booze, whine, all that

Is this the type of place that they should send this cool cat?

I don't think so

I'll see when I get there

I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air

Well uh, the plane landed and when I came out

There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out

I ain't trying to get arrested yet.

I just got here!

I sprang with the quickness, like lightening disappeared

I whistled for a cab and when it came near

The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror

If anything I can say is that this cab was rare

But I thought 'Man forget it' - 'Yo home to Bel Air'

I pulled up to the house about seven or eight

And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'

I looked to my kingdom

I was finally there

To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

HAHAHAHAHAHA life outside of MK,that's a good one!

Beer scene in Cleveland is exploding. There is an area close to downtown called Ohio City which is quickly becoming a brewery district. It is where Great Lakes is located, but this other local brew master has 2 other properties in the area and 1 more in the works that are all micro-brew. It is Godlike man.

http://marketgardenbrewery.com/
http://buckeyebeerengine.com/
Ohio City Nano Brew (http://www.cleveland.com/dining/index.ssf/2012/04/market_garden_brewerys_sam_mcn.html)
http://www.thebrewkettle.com/beers/index.html (They have the equipment for you to brew yourself there and last year my friend and I made a white chocolate nut brown ale and it was ridiculous)
http://www.cornerstonebrewing.com/Beers.html
That is exactly the type of thing I want to see. We are seeing more and more brewers pop up here in the Atlanta area with the 4 newest being good friends of the business as they were all home brewers before they went pro. Long live good beer!!

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I am a full time university student, who is studying history and aiming to become a high school level teacher. I would like to go to graduate school and get a higher degree but things are tough financially. I spend most of my time in class, doing homework, watching movies, acting, or playing MK online with my friends. I am frequently on TYM and stream sites, along with my devotion to KTP. Life is good but busy. It would be nice to have more time to play MK, but I of course have to prioritize.
Best of luck becoming a teacher, its very rewarding... at times... and at other times very thankless. If you want your Masters Degree but have trouble paying, try finding places to work that encourage further education. My work is reimbursing me for my MFA, I just have to pay up front (or on credit), then pass the class and submit my grades, then get paid back. If you can get your foot in the door at the right school, that could open up potential for lifelong learning.

Anyway, good luck, its always awesome to meet people that are like minded and share similar interests.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Nice bro. Pretty accomplished.
Thanks man. I just wish it would all slow down sometimes though. I worry I'll look back and wish I stopped to enjoy it all. I'm turning 30 in 3 weeks, still plenty of time to relax and enjoy life, but feels like the youth years are over.

Shouts outs to people 30 years old or older! Shout outs to MK and TYM keeping us feeling like 10 year olds back in the arcade days!

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I'm a high school student. I work in the school district's IT department as an intern, trying to find a job for the summer. I have friends on Skype that I've known for almost 8 years that I talk too almost everyday. I like to go out with friends when I get the chance too. I enjoy playing multiple varieties of games. Oh and I do wear shades a lot, just because I'm so white I can't stand brightness.

NKZero

Noob
I'm a high school student. I work in the school district's IT department as an intern, trying to find a job for the summer. I have friends on Skype that I've known for almost 8 years that I talk too almost everyday. I like to go out with friends when I get the chance too. I enjoy playing multiple varieties of games. Oh and I do wear shades a lot, just because I'm so white I can't stand brightness.
Such a liar. You wear shades because....well...that's how Johnny C do!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Hmm, outside of MK in general...

-Sleep

-Help my folks out a lot

-Hang out with my friends on the weekends whenever I can

-Hang out with my GF

-Talk to my GF

-Make review videos for friends

-Sculpt

-Shoot slingshots

-Look for a good steady job(ha as if...one exists now days..)

-Voice acting earning some money on YT vids

-Laundry

-Go to the movies with friends

-Work out

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Going to be a senior in highschool.

Taking College classes

Watch stuff on the interwebz

Spend time with friends

Spend time with dog

Work out

Work out with dog.

And a bunch of random shit.

schnitzel_on_fire

Maining the Roster
i'm a 26yo male (you don't say). i'm a full time university student of languages and economics and recently had to postpone my finals for half a year due to multiple sessions of necessary eye surgery (which sucks), recuperating now, sitting at home and not working on the side because of it. but that is actually what made me sign up here in the first place after coming here occasionally during 2011.

i'm dating a 24yo who is hot and we do the nasty. but somehow i don't connect to her, so no idea what is to become of that.
i like playing guitar and used to be in a band as a singer/guitar player, but recently shit got fucked up and we split. i used to draw, but that got less and less over the years. also enjoy playing football/soccer, hitting up the local pool and hanging with friends. once or twice a month i visit the folks at home, mainly parents and younger brother.

ze germans drink beer.

about mk: i have only a few friends who play it and they don't care too much about it and simply complain that i'm "too good" instead of working on finding a main and learning match-ups. online sucks ass here since connections are few and far between and light years away. and the offline scene is non-existent cuz da game is banned here. shame really, i think i could be quite decent with competition, and i love the game.

/fate-stricken guy sitting at home rambling on a website

I [...] would consider myself about a 4.5 on the 7 point USTA scale.
don't act like we're supposed to get that because it makes us feel stupid.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I'm a student intending on entering the digital media program in the immediate future, I also have a 4 year old daughter, so my time is pretty limited these days! Fiance is also entering nursing school in August...must buy a 2nd car already!

I, however, do make my best attempts at attending casuals once a week with our group (which is my social group and friends here lol)! I need to figure out a schedule to start hitting the gym again too, I'd like to get into the routine of benching, deadlifts and squatting 3 days a week. I'm also interested in rowing as my cardio workout (lot of rivers here too so I may buy a canoe).

GnG CrimsonPanther You should bring your dad one night, that'd be cool. We can talk MK, George Carlin and Bill Hicks! :cool:

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
I've finished studying accounting (2005), journalism (2008) and all done with my Pastry Chef diploma (2011).
I've worked as a sports journalist for some years and now I'm a pastry chef working full seasons in the Greek islands (THIS summer: Rhodes).
If anyone comes this way or close to the Mediterranean Sea, send me a personal message and I'll try to hook you up to your best summer ever. :)
Other than work and studies:
I play the guitar & bass guitar (old school heavy metal fan), sketch/drawings/caricatures are a big hobby of mine as well. I still write small stories that I either upload on facebook or on a blog I have ever since my journalist-student days.
Apart from MK madness (my favorite game ever since '92) I play and am a fan of the NBA2K, Call Of Duty, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Pro Evolution Soccer series.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Work 10+ hours a day 6 days a week, plus I do a lot from home. I own the business (Home beer brewing supply store) I work for so I never care about how much I work, but I keep it limited so I can spend some time with the family. I have been married to my wife for 10 years (in August) and I have a 4 year old daughter that keep me busy when I am at home. I have a very active social life outside of the family and work because my business is beer related so I attend club meetings, beer fests, beer tastings, and all kinds of other beer stuff. For fun I drink beer and play MK. I usually get about 3 hours a week max to play MK outside of attending tournaments and hosting level up sessions.
So you aren't just Ed, a guy who likes beer; you ARE the beer guy Ed. That is awesome.

Any professional writers out there in TYM world? It's the career my dreams are made of.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I'm the database and systems administrator for a rapidly growing retail company called Five Below. I live with my girlfriend-soon-to-be-fiance of 5 years. She doesn't know she's about to be fiance'd, but she doesn't read TYM.

I'm just living life, like everyone else here... 30 years old, hang out with friends, love to cook, travel when possible, work out to stay fit for surfing. I've been known to enjoy drinking lots of booze on the weekend to unwind. I've been into fighting games for as long as I can remember and love doing FGC stuff as a hobby. I wish I had more than 2-3 hours a week to play MK.

I play piano, guitar, drums, and bass. I used to have bands, but they're insanely time consuming, so now I do everything solo. I constantly write and record original material for my own amusement - I did the KTP metal theme, and also the Sektor Community Blowup theme, which I put together while I was many beers deep and thought was hilarious at the time. I generally don't share much but...

Some random offerings in case anyone is bored at work:
4 AM - Lo-fi, downtempo, repetitive stoner rock project. I'm calling the style "stoner surf" until I come up with a better name.

Steve Day music video - My buddy Steve has "Steve Day" on his birthday every year. I wrote a metal tune, had my brother do vocals, and made this music video as his present.

Driving Along - Random fooling around electronic. I was watching Tommy Boy and noticed he said one line in a near-perfect rhythm...

Melissa - My friend said she needed a chill song to blaze to, so I programmed one.