What's new

Letting go of Block while Ducking

davidovitch

In Europe!
I've noticed that if you let go of the block button while ducking the 'letting go of block' animation while actually raise your hitbox enough that you can get hit by high projectiles.

For example: I'm fighting sub-zero and I am ducking and blocking at the same time. When I see an iceball coming I just want to let it pass over me so I let go of block without letting go of down. If this occurs with a specific timing, I will get frozen!

I think this is stupid :(

leek

Noob
I've noticed that if you let go of the block button while ducking the 'letting go of block' animation while actually raise your hitbox enough that you can get hit by high projectiles.

For example: I'm fighting sub-zero and I am ducking and blocking at the same time. When I see an iceball coming I just want to let it pass over me so I let go of block without letting go of down. If this occurs with a specific timing, I will get frozen!

I think this is stupid :(
Online?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Its not an online thing, it just seems to happen against alot of projectiles.

Sektors straight rocket is the worst for it IMO. If you duck after a dash you'll still get hit by it even though you're ducking. It helps if you just walk towards them rather than dashing so that when you duck its gauranteed to miss you.

leek

Noob
Just asking, I had no idea.

That's... strange. I guess the hitbox is raised, like he said. It goes back to crouch block state with block on 0, as in off..

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I've mentioned something similar to this to the NRS staff. While DrDogg was doing the frame data he noticed that there are 2 or 3 frames of start up time before you are actually able to block attacks but releasing block is instant. I know this isn't what you are talking about but its slightly similar.

davidovitch

In Europe!
Its not an online thing, it just seems to happen against alot of projectiles.

Sektors straight rocket is the worst for it IMO. If you duck after a dash you'll still get hit by it even though you're ducking. It helps if you just walk towards them rather than dashing so that when you duck its gauranteed to miss you.
That happens to me as well, basically you are dashing then when you duck on reaction it takes a few frames before you are low enough to avoid projectiles. It's annoying, but not as disturbing to me.

What I was talking about in the first post is letting go of block while you are already ducking. You wouldn't expect that to make you vulnerable to high projectiles since you never even let go of down.

elamit

Noob
See!? These are the types of issues needing to be patched. They seem to concentrate on patching (nerfing) characters.