What's new

General/Other Lets talk about his trait

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
OK...so I've been looking for a way to use his trait and it seems really good to use off of the b123 combo ender.

It looks like you gain between 2-3% back for each click on the trait charge so if you get 2-3 clicks before you let go you gain back 4-9%.

You could end in db1 for 6% more damage (ish) but it seems like fun to end it in trait for more life.

Canceling it:

You can cancel trait into any special except grapple. fireball, vacuum, mb b3 f3, and even super are all viable options though when in trait stance. if you end each combo in trait cancel and gain 6% life back and activate it 3 times a match...that is almost 20% extra health...not to mention the baits it allows you to set up with cancels.

Relaxedstate
NY_Jailhouse

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
I haven't even gotten Cyborg to play online yet.
But I assume it could be GREAT for baiting someone in to smack them with a super.

Someone without projectiles, of course .

I just don't see how healing 5% or so is a better option than dealing more damage in a combo or by applying more pressure via Target Acquired, jump-ins, dashing or zoning. You can be punished for more than 5% damage during trait activation so I think the risk outweighs the reward. Healing a small fraction of life is useless when a character like Batman for example can punish Cyborg's use of trait with a 30-40% combo.

I think NRS should have made Grapple Hook his trait with b4 and f4 instead of d,ub and d,uf. Would make GH a lot easier to execute and actually be a useful trait because his current trait is straight booboo in it's current state.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I just don't see how healing 5% or so is a better option than dealing more damage in a combo or by applying more pressure via Target Acquired, jump-ins, dashing or zoning. You can be punished for more than 5% damage during trait activation so I think the risk outweighs the reward. Healing a small fraction of life is useless when a character like Batman for example can punish Cyborg's use of trait with a 30-40% combo.

I think NRS should have made Grapple Hook his trait with b4 and f4 instead of d,ub and d,uf. Would make GH a lot easier to execute and actually be a useful trait because his current trait is straight booboo in it's current state.
I agree. But you can activTe it safely off of b123 on hit, gain 6% life, and back dash away or cancel it into zoning. I feel like you didn't read the OP. the whole poin of this thread was to talk about how it can be used effectively.

Of course you can get punished for doing it straight up, but that's not what I suggested is it?

I agree. But you can activTe it safely off of b123 on hit, gain 6% life, and back dash away or cancel it into zoning. I feel like you didn't read the OP. the whole poin of this thread was to talk about how it can be used effectively.

Of course you can get punished for doing it straight up, but that's not what I suggested is it?
I did read the OP and I do know it's safe to trait up after a b123, but otherwise it's crap. I was just commenting on the traits functionality outside of setting it up. I also believe you have better options after a b123 than using trait.

IGAU meta-gamewise I think healing is futile feature because of the general lack of footsies and tremendous amount of brain-dead high damage combos. I'm going to try to incorporate Cyborg's trait more in my game to see if I can hopefully prove myself wrong, but I honestly do believe Target Acquired is far more useful after a b123 than trait.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I have only RARELY used it as a bait and cancel into a fireball or super. They should really make it instant activation, as in the second you push the button the healing begins. They could balance this by putting a cap on how much you could heal.

I have this crazy idea that they should scrap the healing trait and make his trait be unblockable target acquired on a timer. Won't happen but it would be sick.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I did read the OP and I do know it's safe to trait up after a b123, but otherwise it's crap. I was just commenting on the traits functionality outside of setting it up. I also believe you have better options after a b123 than using trait.
Fair enough.

What are they?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I have only RARELY used it as a bait and cancel into a fireball or super. They should really make it instant activation, as in the second you push the button the healing begins. They could balance this by putting a cap on how much you could heal.
The ability to cancel it into a special makes up for its stupidness IMO.

I don't need massive healing...just lots of small healing canceled into specials

Fair enough.

What are they?
Well I did edit my post explaining my opinions a bit further but I find Target Acquired, Grapple Hook or dashing in on the opponent for either a grab or cross-up to be a better option. Again, I could be wrong and that would make me very happy because I want to find a good use for Cyborg's trait other than my 4 button gathering dust. I'm going to go in the lab and mess around with trait after b123.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
You actually can grapple out at any-point during the charge. Every-once in a blue moon.... I charge it to bait a normal in the corner. Then grapple cancel to absorb the baited normal, then deal massive damage with a J2-B3 combo, or J2-F3 option select combo. (Depends on what side of the opponent you land on in the corner, but one will come out and you always get 40+%

Midscreen I use it as a taunt button. :p Then cancel into fireball.

To make it truly viable.
1. Cyborg needs to be able to cancel it with a jump (IE IANB or IaJ1). This will actully make opponents respect his ability to heal, and play mind games with cancels and movements. (Like Sinestro durring trait charging shennanigans)

2. Needs to start healing right away (perhaps for a bit more). It has instant activation supposedly right now, but healing doesnt start for a bit and slowly at that