What's new

Let's start a petition to patch the training mode

Also aggravates me that you can't play tag online with a friend. Pretty dumb move there.

Personally, I was looking forward to that feature. I have a lot of friends who aren't very good at fighters and I was hoping that'd help get them further into the game.
This. I feel I could get around 3-6 friends interested in MK9 if this were included...
Surely NRS considered it, and I assume they realized it would increase sales for just that reason, but there must have been some sort of obstacle... time, connection, etc... perhaps they can be convinced to patch that in? It's even more annoying because it makes it harder for the people that do want to play tag team locally to find opponents online as well.

Some other things that I wish NRS would fix about training, by the way: can't reset during X-Rays; can't reset/start in corner; can't reset/start with second team member on point; opponent can die during tag team training.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Bump for help. This really isn't getting out there. I've twitted this to Ed Boon and Paulo Garcia; no reply obviously. But, that doesn't mean that we can't get this out there ourselves. It's a good cause, and it's completely holding this game back. Can you guys just throw this on the front page, or something?

fleshmasher

i got the poison
I also think this is really important.
A better training mode would improve the game and the feedback, because people will understand and appreciate the work NRS put in the game mechanics.

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
The training dummy needs to be fixed to BLOCK EVERYTHING - automatically changing from crouch to stand or fuzzy guard.

The training dummy needs to be programable - either:

- Freeform recording/playback like in SF4
- Repeat mode: Where they are set to repeat a certain normal move, combo string, special move, or X-Ray
- Auto-queing would be nice: like FP, FP, throw, FK, FK, etc with the ability to perform immediately on the first frame possible
- Ability to visually show frame disadvantage or advantage on block or hit using a green or yellow or red indicator

Ability to turn on the showing of frame data would be nice, similarly to how percentage damage is show. 6-5-12 in white-red-white - but I would be ok without it.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
I'd like for the position reset button to also reset meter to none or at least what you have at the beginning of a match.

I really wish you could record scenarios to practice against. It's very difficult to learn defensive strategies and when to counter without having a friend to play against.

Justice

Kombatant
Just set the AI to the hardest difficulty and it should give you every situation you'll need to defend against. At least that way, you'll only get neailed with 36% Kombos ;)

Vulcan Hades

Warrior
Just set the AI to the hardest difficulty and it should give you every situation you'll need to defend against. At least that way, you'll only get neailed with 36% Kombos ;)
Hum no. CPU is dumb and doesn't even know how to mixup. CPU can't do the kabal block trap or Baraka's frame traps either. Hell he can't even wake up without spamming an EN move if he has meter.

If they can't fix the hitboxes, I hope they can add an option to at least make the 3d hitboxes visible.

SZSR

Warrior
Hum no. CPU is dumb and doesn't even know how to mixup. CPU can't do the kabal block trap or Baraka's frame traps either. Hell he can't even wake up without spamming an EN move if he has meter.

If they can't fix the hitboxes, I hope they can add an option to at least make the 3d hitboxes visible.
Heck even for simple stuff like practicing counters for jump-ins you can't do because you can't program the opponent to jump in when you want.

I hope they fix this come MK10.