What's new

Strategy Lets nail down the definitive top 10. (A Community Project)

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Alright folks, with all the up playing, down playing, Russian tier charts vs American tier charts, I think it's time that we nail down the TYM/MKU Community Top 10.

This is open to everyone. Pros, Online warriors, forum goers. Etc. I want as many top 10 lists posted in this thread/to my inbox as I can handle. Just like when I did the 2012 evo predictions thread, I am going to whip out my averages, and calculate just what the community thinks is truly the top 10.

Now, in order for these to work, they cannot be troll inputs. I want everyones HONEST top 10. In doing so, we may actually be able to boil down what kommunity truly believes is the top 10.

Posts shall be formated like so:

TaC's Top 10 list.

1.Kabal
2.Kenshi
3.Sonya
4.Kung Lao
5. Cyrax
6. Kitana
7. Freddy
8. Smoke
9. Skarlet
10. Johnny Cage

The point of the thread isn't to accuse or debate, it is to calculate and collect. The community has 1 week to post their top 10's and I will calculate the results and release them Friday January 11th.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
My list from experience

1) Kabal
2) Cyrax
3) Kenshi
4) Sonya
5) Kung Lao
6) Freddy
7) Johnny Cage
8) Reptile
9) Jax
10) Skarlet

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I like this idea. Here is my top ten, in no particular order.

1) Kabal
2) Kenshi
3) Freddy Krueger
4) Cyrax
5) Smoke
6) Sonya
7) Skarlet
8) Liu Kang
9) Kung Lao
10) Kitana

I recently expressed doubts on Kung Lao being top ten, but after some conversations I've had with a few select people I changed my mind. I was also torn between choosing Liu Kang and Kitana for the last slot, as they both appear to be Top 10 material to me. Nevertheless, here ya go.

EDIT: I replaced Jax with Liu Kang after further consideration.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I like this idea. Here is my top ten, in no particular order.

1) Kabal
2) Kenshi
3) Freddy Krueger
4) Cyrax
5) Smoke
6) Sonya
7) Skarlet
8) Jax
9) Kung Lao
10) Kitana

I recently expressed doubts on Kung Lao being top ten, but after some conversations I've had with a few select people I changed my mind. I was also torn between choosing Liu Kang and Kitana for the last slot, as they both appear to be Top 10 material to me. Nevertheless, here ya go.
haha love that Sonya is lower than Smoke you are cray cray Blake!!

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
My list (even though I prefer tiers just because a lot of the numbers you can flip around):

1) Kabal
2) Cyrax
3) Kenshi
4) Sonya
5) Kung Lao
6) Freddy
7) Skarlet
8) Jax
9) Smoke
10) Cage (just because of the Kenshi/Kabal MU's)

Kitana could easily be changed with any of 8-10

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Not even going to bother. Really bad idea, ill enjoy the fireworks.
It's not a list of the top 10 in order. It's more so just a list of the top 10. There shouldn't be any criticism. Point is not to debate peoples lists, but to compile them in the end.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
lol no particular order...You shouldn't have numbered them and put Kabal at number 1 :p
The numbers were to represent an amount of items, not an order.

...and just like that, we are already on our way to derailing this thread. Some moderators we are. -___-

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
If I can do "in no particular order.." then,

1. Kabal
2. Kenshi
3. Freddy
4. Sonya
5. Kung Lao
6. Cyrax
7. Smoke
8. Skarlet
9. Liu Kang(most downplayed for sure)
10. Johnny Cage

Look.. the FACT is that several players behind closed doors admit that Kenshi is top 2 and as fucked up as an MKDC character when it comes to 10-0 MUs. However, on TYM they intentionally downplay him because they dont wanna hear that only 1 player does it. Only one player does it because only one top player mains him. Other then Pig, what other top tourney player mains Kenshi? Asking an avg player to get the same results as a top player like Pig is laughable. Pig would place higher with any character then any avg player would. If you did a tier list by MU numbers, Kenshi would be #1. He has more 10-0, 9-1. 8-2, and 7-3 MUs then any other character.

Top 10...

1. Kabal
2. Kenshi
3. Cyrax
4. Sonya
5. Freddy
6. KL
7. Smoke
8. Kitana
9. Cage
10. Skarlet/Reptile

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Look.. the FACT is that several players behind closed doors admit that Kenshi is top 2 and as fucked up as an MKDC character when it comes to 10-0 MUs. However, on TYM they intentionally downplay him because they dont wanna hear that only 1 player does it. Only one player does it because only one top player mains him. Other then Pig, what other top tourney player mains Kenshi? Asking an avg player to get the same results as a top player like Pig is laughable. Pig would place higher with any character then any avg player would. If you did a tier list by MU numbers, Kenshi would be #1. He has more 10-0, 9-1. 8-2, and 7-3 MUs then any other character.

Top 10...

1. Kabal
2. Kenshi
3. Cyrax
4. Sonya
5. Freddy
6. KL
7. Smoke
8. Kitana
9. Cage
10. Skarlet/Reptile

So.. you're saying my dreams were correct and you and Pig will be Kenshi bros?????