What's new

lets have a discussion about being "scrubbed out"

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
In finish him 2013, i believe i got scrubbed out by Judce somehow, and i have heard this word on TYM several times, what i would like to know is what does it means being "scrubbed out"?

what does it means to get "Scrubbed out"?

does scrubbing someone could be consider a tactic?

how can you tell if you have being scrubbed out?

pls discuss

Vagrant

Noob
It's a salt term. One of many.

A definition people use usually when they think they are "better" than the opponent and lost to tactics that they think require little effort or they think are random.

The glaring hole in this logic would be: The person thinking they are "better" after just having lost.
but the argument there is usually "well I would beat them in a longer set, free." which is ultimately irrelevant in tournament.

tldr: It's something players say when they fail to adjust to their opponent and lose.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Well essentially it's like this: If a person is playing un-cleanly, the person is playing dirty.
If the person is playing, dirty, then the person is filthy.
If the person is filthy, then they'll need to take a shower.
If the person takes a shower, then they'll need to use some soap.
If the person uses some soap, then they'll need to put it on the body.
If a person puts it on the body, then they'll need an apparatus in which to do so.
If a person wants an apparatus in which to do so, they can use a sponge.
If a person uses a sponge, then they'll have to use it on their body.
If the person uses the sponge on their body, to get clean, they'll have to scrub......

And I don't want no scrub...

I don't want no scrub, a scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me.
Hanging out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, tryin' to holla at me.
Hanging out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, tryin' to holla at me.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

LMFAO, My childhood haha.

It's a salt term. One of many.

A definition people use usually when they think they are "better" than the opponent and lost to tactics that they think require little effort or they think are random.

The glaring hole in this logic would be: The person thinking they are "better" after just having lost.
but the argument there is usually "well I would beat them in a longer set, free." which is ultimately irrelevant in tournament.

tldr: It's something players say when they fail to adjust to their opponent and lose.
Interesting, so i can consider that i got scrubbed out if i can't match my reads at the same pace my opponent is playing. lolz

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Sounds like something an arrogant know-it-all player would say to justify his pathetic loss to a "newb"

Losing to shit you shouldn't lose to. It's just an excuse for poor adaptation on the loser's part. If you were actually better then it never would have happened to begin with, assuming optimal conditions otherwise. If you can't adapt in one game in a best of 3 set, then you are the inferior player and deserve to lose. There's no such thing as getting "scrubbed out", you failed to perform.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Losing to shit you shouldn't lose to. It's just an excuse for poor adaptation on the loser's part. If you were actually better then it never would have happened to begin with, assuming optimal conditions otherwise. If you can't adapt in one game in a best of 3 set, then you are the inferior player and deserve to lose. There's no such thing as getting "scrubbed out", you failed to perform.
hahah, i agree with that, anyway, here is the video ^^

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
lol i h8 playin injusta$$ cuz i just keep gettin scrubbed out. if i played mk9 or ki with dat scrub id body them cuz those games need skill

I like posting these comments so the salty people don't have to, and I liked MK9 and think KI is a fun looking game.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
You should totally ask for a rematch because that Mileena costume should be banned.
Or better yet you should ask that the player should be immediately disqualified because he used a banned costume. And you'll automatically advance to the next match.
:joker:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You should totally ask for a rematch because that Mileena costume should be banned.
Or better yet you should ask that the player should be immediately disqualified because he used a banned costume. And you'll automatically advance to the next match.
:joker:
LOL, that costume is allowed here.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
To be fair, you werent anti airing, you werent interrupting the u4 and you didnt anti cross up at all.
yup, during the first round, anyway

i hate jump like an idiot in this game, i bet i would totally lose this set if it was on injustice before the AA patch lol

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Well essentially it's like this: If a person is playing un-cleanly, the person is playing dirty.
If the person is playing, dirty, then the person is filthy.
If the person is filthy, then they'll need to take a shower.
If the person takes a shower, then they'll need to use some soap.
If the person uses some soap, then they'll need to put it on the body.
If a person puts it on the body, then they'll need an apparatus in which to do so.
If a person wants an apparatus in which to do so, they can use a sponge.
If a person uses a sponge, then they'll have to use it on their body.
If the person uses the sponge on their body, to get clean, they'll have to scrub......

And I don't want no scrub...

I wonder what actually talking to you would be like

This is def. the most correct answer in the entire thread