What's new

Let's clear up how to get the Krypt heads

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I want to get the krypt heads (yes Im kicking myself for not doing the glitch when it was first discovered) but I keep reading conflicting requirements so if someone could confirm these it would help me and others greatly:

1. Is it 50 or 25 fatalities? (I read a recent patch made it 25)
  2. Where do the fatalities have to be done? (Klassic Towers, ToT, 1v1 online or 1v1 offline)
  3. If it can be done in the Klassic towers, can we set the match to be only a single round or will it only count if you win 2 rounds?
  4. Can we still quit after doing a fatality and redo the same tower, so we can fight the same person? (I read this might not work anymore but Im not sure)
  5. Will the fatality count if done after a Mercy? (I want hearts!)

Blakexton

Shinnuk
I've recently got them all thank god.

I played a bunch of ToT trying to get skins and gear for my characters, and a few classic towers.

I started doing survival on 1 round and fatality/brutality each opponent. 25 finishers now I believe.

Also yes you can restart tower if the person you want to grind is at the bottom. Can't answer the mercy question sorry, but don't listen to the folk who say you can't restart the tower or use survival.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I've recently got them all thank god.

I played a bunch of ToT trying to get skins and gear for my characters, and a few classic towers.

I started doing survival on 1 round and fatality/brutality each opponent. 25 finishers now I believe.

Also yes you can restart tower if the person you want to grind is at the bottom. Can't answer the mercy question sorry, but don't listen to the folk who say you can't restart the tower or use survival.
I heard brutalities dont count anymore...

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
So did I, yet I got some heads after doing brutalities.
Really interesting.

I (FINALLY) just finished getting all 25 heads. Not a single one came off a brutality.

My preferred method of grinding for heads was repeatedly playing the Endless tower.

It's nice because you are guaranteed to see every character at least once (and several more than once, depending on how long you survive) and you also get to distract yourself by going for a personal goal (30 wins, 50 wins, whatever).

Also, you can really clean up with hearts by using one of the konsumables that doubles earned hearts after every match.

I'm curious about this as well, as I have yet to earn a single head. I've been finishing my opponents in Klassic Towers and Towers of Time, though I've oft done Brutalities until a week and a half ago, since I heard they don't count.

I'm also almost always doing Mercies.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Really interesting.

I (FINALLY) just finished getting all 25 heads. Not a single one came off a brutality.

My preferred method of grinding for heads was repeatedly playing the Endless tower.

It's nice because you are guaranteed to see every character at least once (and several more than once, depending on how long you survive) and you also get to distract yourself by going for a personal goal (30 wins, 50 wins, whatever).

Also, you can really clean up with hearts by using one of the konsumables that doubles earned hearts after every match.
Did you do mercies?

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Did you do mercies?
I did do them occasionally, but I honestly didn't notice if there was any correlation between doing mercies and not getting heads. Unfortunately, it's very hard to tell, because we are trying to analyze 25 head-granting fatalities out of 25*25 = 625.

Jobe

Noob
I just do a fatality every chance i get while doing the towers of time and I have most of the heads now. They just all start coming at once. The funny thing is...the only character i purposefully tried to get early on was sub zero and he has never, ever, ever showed up first in the towers. I don't know if it's just me but yea sub zero is never at the bottom of towers.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Even thought, I got them all before the glitch gets patched, I found out that I acquired Scorpion's head through Fatalities against a Kasual Scorpion. So it works in Kasual Versus, too. Not just ToTs.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I want to get the krypt heads (yes Im kicking myself for not doing the glitch when it was first discovered) but I keep reading conflicting requirements so if someone could confirm these it would help me and others greatly:

1. Is it 50 or 25 fatalities? (I read a recent patch made it 25)
  2. Where do the fatalities have to be done? (Klassic Towers, ToT, 1v1 online or 1v1 offline)
  3. If it can be done in the Klassic towers, can we set the match to be only a single round or will it only count if you win 2 rounds?
  4. Can we still quit after doing a fatality and redo the same tower, so we can fight the same person? (I read this might not work anymore but Im not sure)
  5. Will the fatality count if done after a Mercy? (I want hearts!)
  1. 25
  2. I believe online counts as well for this but Towers is your 100% most guaranteed place to do it
  3. Yes it can be done in Klassic Tower but you cannot change the number of rounds per fight in it
  4. Yes
  5. Yes