What's new

Let's be serious for a second here. SF like inputs?

You can have the ability to switch between SF like inputs or MK like inputs. I mean really? Do non MK players have that much of a problem with the way MK deals with inputting things that one of the main features is the ability to use SF like inputs? Seriously?

It might help with negative edge errors using sf inputs. But it would be even better if you can adjust the negative edge.

Edit: nvm you can adjust the negative edge

Yes, they do, you should see the bitching on GameFaqs.

It's like, I won't buy it, cus it's SF or, it's like too hard and complicated to do. -.-.

Reedoms

Noob
You can have the ability to switch between SF like inputs or MK like inputs. I mean really? Do non MK players have that much of a problem with the way MK deals with inputting things that one of the main features is the ability to use SF like inputs? Seriously?
God forbid they accommodate for everyone. I for one will be using the SF inputs as it's easier to do on a stick.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
No, it's just there to make you more comfortable with what you're used to. Have you ever had a pillow and it's an awesome pillow and it's covered in your warm love and hair and head filth and you sleep with it and your life is the best (especially when you flip it and it's cold, god yes)

Well, have you ever gone to a hotel and not had that pillow? You feel empty inside and you feel that bad people will take you away in the night because your kickass pillow isn't there.

That's what this is like. Just making it more comfortable for new comers. It's such a small feature to those that will use D, F anyway, I don't see where any problem would come from. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go tell my pillow I love it.

Justice

Noob
Actually, as an MK stick player, I'm glad for the ability to choose. I'm so sick and tired of my D4 pressure fucked up because I didn't pull the stick perfectly straight down and I Arc Kick over my opponent. Or trying to counter-poke with D1 and I Kiss a ducking opponent.....

Tolkeen

/wrists
If you use stick and play any other fighting game, you'll realize that SF style inputs are a little more strict. Now, if I was a competitor in another game, I would want this game to be just as strict with it's movement, so that when I go back to that game, I'm not missing an input for my hadoukens...or whatever. Play sf4 after playing mk for a few hours and you'll see the difference.

tldr: It's so players of other games don't lose execution in those games.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I use stick and got to say that after my time spent grinding it out with Iron Fist and EX Kyo who are BOTH rekka characters that require rapid fire quarter circles that I am damned sure using the SF input option on my stick. I don't play pad warrior and half circles and quarter circles are spam-tacular fast for me on a stick without any problems of getting the occasional dragon punch or whatever.

This goes a long way to making the game more enjoyable for folks IMO. Accomodate both their own audiences and the rest of the FGC community's preferrences? God yes.

Brilliant addition and its not one I really thought I'd see someone do.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
FACT CHECK. Play MK2 - UMK and i even think MK9 do sub zeros freeze do it as D, F and then do the Down slide foward motion. Guess what they both work. I don't understand why everyone is acting like this is new. Or did i miss something???

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
They said we have the option.... but is it player specific?
Will the game be able to detect .. negative edge for one player and not for the other? Seems... scary.

I think this thread is way off base. Most people play MK because the inputs are not like SF. If anything, SF inputs in injustice is an indicator that NRS cares about people who play other FGs.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
Im mad people acting like this makes a significant difference cause it really doesn't. Like seriously if you play a game you are gonna use whatever inputs best suits you. Not to mention at a high level you are gonna use the easiest inputs so that you can do your stuff without much strain. Look at how halo player use different configs to play the game. I think it's not gonna make any difference. It's not gonna make sf players better, and it ain't gonna make Mk players better. This just mundane.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I would say that the complex input is great for reducing negative edge instances, but the option to turn it off is there.