My choice is

• KUATAN WARRIOR

• DRAGON FANG

• TIGER FURY

Results are only viewable after voting.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
My thoughts are:
-Kuatan : He has two unique tools, the stomp which is fullscreen and hit lows and the chest pump:a mid range tool to control distance
-Fangs: I think is the heavy combo variation, he looses is zoning propierties but gains a spin move with more potential damage combos. Algo a quick low poke who knokdowns
-Tigrar: best zoning fireball instead of the stomp. Also changes the chest pump for the fire breath, perhaps a footsie tool. The low fireball in MB can combo and also control distance.

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I dont really plan on playing goro at all but if i were to choose a variation i would choose dragon fang

regulas

Your Emporer
Can't wait for the data to be released, guess it's because of Shiva but there are way too many people assuming he's going to be bad.

Tigrar, as the most zoning stance, would be for me. I'm going to guess that dragon will be the pressure mode, and warrior will be the meh one (because the others would be better at close or far).

Tiger Fury variation interests me the most as long as his command grab is universal across all three variations.
I do believe his basic command grab is in all forms, the dragon just gets like blades when doing it so more damage. It's hard to judge from video but it also looks pretty fast too.

Gr1mgr1n84

Why ask why?! When HOW is so much more FUN!
Dragon Fang will be my choice just for the extra damage and rush even if its not the best rusher.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
I see similarities in terms of gameplay in Kuatan and Tigrar . Both decent zoning options, in Kuatan is the low "punchstomp" and in Tigrar the fire ball. Then, at mid range in Kuatan you can use the chest punp and in Tigrar the low ball and mid breath. Then, everything else is the same for both.
The difference comes with Dragon fang, new string, new quick poke, new pressure spin move and more damage overall with fangs.But he looses the long range tool.
P.D:Has anyone noticed that Goro is probably one of the best counterzoning characters with his skyfall move?

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
I'm liking Tigrar. Flame Ball has a nice hitbox and seems to be a decent speed. Dragon breath could be good but I'm concerned about the startup. The ground flames, as mentioned are good for zoning. But you also get a pretty easy confirm midscreen off of his 2 hit strings for a bar and can convert into 30%+ damage.

You also get that confirm with Dragon Fangs and Fang Spin is safer, but that's all you get. With Tigrar you gain a projectile that hits mid instead of high and is faster. And there may not be much to Dragon Breath but it's an extra move to work with; better than nothing.

I may end up being wrong about Kuatan, but it just doesn't seem worth it. Quake is pretty slow and with all the teleports in the game or moves that change air trajectory, I dunno how effective it'll be. The EX is cool, but I'm not a big fan burning bar to zone if I don't get a combo. May be able to in the corner but I haven't tried it yet. Not worth it if you can't do it midscreen IMO. And Chest Lunge is unsafe on block, meaning it's only reliable use is a combo ender, but it's not any better at that than Shokan Grab or Punch Walk which are both universal.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
imo

TF has a better neutral with ground fireball, you can hold that starting position that players start in really well. Doesn't have as much damage but is the most versatile in regards to being able to play anywhere on screen.

KW has better anti-zoning and forces people to come to him (Grandmaster Sub comes to mind), also the 2nd most damaging variation if you factor in ex tremor combos.

Fangs is similar to Grundy in Injustice or Nightwolf in MK9. It has godlike damage anywhere on the screen (The only variation from Goro to have a 40% 1 bar anywhere on screen.) And the chip damage it has is prettttyyyy nutty too. However you're forced to always play aggressive so that may deter some people.

So it's just a matter of what you want, I personally like using all 3 and just picking what I need for specific match ups.

Gr1mgr1n84

Why ask why?! When HOW is so much more FUN!
imo

TF has a better neutral with ground fireball, you can hold that starting position that players start in really well. Doesn't have as much damage but is the most versatile in regards to being able to play anywhere on screen.

KW has better anti-zoning and forces people to come to him (Grandmaster Sub comes to mind), also the 2nd most damaging variation if you factor in ex tremor combos.

Fangs is similar to Grundy in Injustice or Nightwolf in MK9. It has godlike damage anywhere on the screen (The only variation from Goro to have a 40% 1 bar anywhere on screen.) And the chip damage it has is prettttyyyy nutty too. However you're forced to always play aggressive so that may deter some people.

So it's just a matter of what you want, I personally like using all 3 and just picking what I need for specific match ups.
I have tried all variantions and Dragon Fangs fits me fine. its all about what works for you and DaiHuu sums it well.