What's new

Question - Tanya Learning Kobu Jutsu - few questions

Immortal

Blind justice....
So i pickup Tanya Kobu Jutsu as my second since playing only Kenshi in certain MUs is pretty much a suicide. So far im enjoying myself but i got several questions regarding her:

1. How do you get proper timing on Rekkas? Coz it seems im doing it either to fast (whole combo comes out but its extremely unsafe and i get blow up at the end) or to slow (stops at the end of first Rekka).

2. I get d4 from max range all day, when i play good Cassie, Kano players they just d4 me all day and i can't counter poke on block coz Tanya d4 (or her any other poke) lacks range. How to get around this?

3. If by some miracle i delay Rekkas correctly they can just backdash delayed one for free and destroy me? Not to mention armor throu (CPU does that on very hard all day to me).

4. What's the most consistent combo after i counter jump in / crossjump with NJP?

5. If you wanna blow up wake armor do you use b2 canceled into delayed Rekkas to make it safe? Since b2 is -9 on block if i dont cancel it and they blocked it i get rekt, especially by Cassie players.

6. Also ive noticed that Tanya players like @STB Dragon often do ex tonfa toss after b1,2+4 instead of going for delayed Rekkas? Isn't that even more unsafe? I mean they can just neutral duck it on return or just armor throu just before the tonfa returns? What's the idea here?

7. Also she has like very little dmg combos without meter? If i remember correctly its like 21-23% for full Rekkas? I assume it doesn't mater since its all about the pressure and meter she builds insanely fast but asking anyway to be clear?

In general i struggle most with Cassie players (it just seem like she has way better options up close then me?) or Kano players which just do d4 from max range into pressure. Any tips in those MUs?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
OK I think I can help you.
1.you will get used to it,it has very big block stunt and the last hit is hard to punish,once you start the rekkas it is up to you not the opponent, because he has to guess.
2.you have a great mid,so you don't have to worry about it,if you think they spam their d4 use your f2 into rekka to get in!
3.it is the same as question 1,don t make your self predictable,and do not test anything on AI,the punish is not real.
4.whatever you do end your combos with the overhead special because it is a hard knockdown, so you will be able to pressure them again and again.
5.if I get your point you want break the armour wake up?this is risky,you have to guess, and never do it on a 6frame move.
6.no one will press any button between ex toss because any mistake will cost them their life,it us a pressure tool that's why they use it.
7.you gave answer to your question,tanya's offence is the best in the game,she doesn't need damage,master her pressure and you will be good.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
As about Cassie,because I main her,your pressure is better because of the tele cancels but,I know when close she is a bitch:D

Immortal

Blind justice....
Just check my guide
Done that like a week ago already, most of the things i asked here isn't covered there. Thou some are. Thanks for reply.

As about Cassie,because I main her,your pressure is better because of the tele cancels but,I know when close she is a bitch:D
Tele cancels if im not mistaken are like from -2 to -7 depending on what move i cancel, so beside confusing opponent i don't see how they help me? I mean i can get poke after it if they react fast enough. Don't get me wrong i get the idea "they will fear to press any button coz they can get blown up" but it seem like its more fear then real.

Thou i can be wrong, that's why i ask.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
It's almost like she has problems.

The character is pretty much always at negative frames and has holes through all her pressure or is slightly plus after tele cancels. Meter build from her blockstrings save the character from being garbage. She's not bad, but people hate blocking and think armor staggers are somehow only exclusive to Tanya.

1. Practice using visual cues for the rekka animations.

2. F2 tele cancel.

3. That's not really a question but yes.

4. NJP 34 xx flip

5 B1 works fine for me, B2 is good too.

6 They can. Don't you love spending a bar to get no pressure? Some characters don't have good armor or can't duck it.

7 She relies on meter to get anything done. You can't reliably get meterless damage unless off a punish.