What's new

Tech - Hat Trick Learn from this

Hmm, I like to play more with the ex hat callback. End a combo with b321 hat trap, or 21 is also an option in the corner. Then pressure with 112124 do ex hat call back and then go for 11212. Mix that up with stagger strings like 1, 11, b3, grabs and d4. You can also do 112124 hat trap and if they respect it do 112124 hat callback and challenge them with ex spin after the callback. IF they respect it continue your pressure.

Terrencify

Jacqui The Feint God
Hmm, I like to play more with the ex hat callback. End a combo with b321 hat trap, or 21 is also an option in the corner. Then pressure with 112124 do ex hat call back and then go for 11212. Mix that up with stagger strings like 1, 11, b3, grabs and d4. You can also do 112124 hat trap and if they respect it do 112124 hat callback and challenge them with ex spin after the callback. IF they respect it continue your pressure.
That 112124 string is hard to hit for me.

Btw EX hat toss isn't completely useless imo. You can use it full screen or near fullscreen to get in. It's still 15 frames of startup and when you mix it up with normal hat trap and hat callbacks mid to full screen you can kinda make it hard for opponents to approach you as well.

Just look at it as a faster ex buzzsaw hat.

Terrencify

Jacqui The Feint God
You just gotta practice. A lot of people ask me this question, but you just gotta put in work man. I can't do your practice for you.
It's not practice atm it's actually hitting the 2124 part as fast as you can my thumb isn't fast enough for that lol

It's not practice atm it's actually hitting the 2124 part as fast as you can my thumb isn't fast enough for that lol
Press 11 and before the animation of 11 ends you have to slide your thumb from 2 to 1 and then back to 2 and then 4. This is really the only consistent way to do it on pad while allowing you to block and hitconfirm simultaneously.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I've actually found that you just need to practice the 212 part. Once you get that down the 4 is child's place. So as he does the two punches for 11, quickly slide back and forth for the 212 part. Try to remember that you started at 2 therefore your thumb needs to end at 2. Practice with that in mind and it will come.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I can do that pretty well :p

@Eddy Wang Are you in a tournament Sunday? If so will it be streamed/recorded? Cause I'd love to see your Hat Trick in action :D
Yes i will, we don't have conditions to stream just yet, but all matches will be recorded.