What's new

LBSH about Digit.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Everyone wants to be successful in tournament and we don't exactly use the most honest methods to achieve that. Character crisis runs rampant, we have seen so many character changes from top players so they can get that extra edge it might give to them. But it takes a real warrior spirit to stick with your guns and stay with the character you love to play.

Digit was the only Raiden i'm aware of that has made a top 8 with him after the patch. To me it really shows how strong this player is mentally. Easily able to put the negative attitudes aside and continue playing unshaken and unafraid. The only player like this from the top of my head is SonicFox who stays with Erron Black looking stronger than ever. I see can see the similarities of these 2 players in how they approach the game and how much fun it looks like they have slamming in top 8s with their mains. All while looking sexy af. Very inspiring, Digit!

@Digit

*Note: This shout out brought to you by MPT. :)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
There's only been one major since the patch, and Raiden was barely nerfed at all. Don't know any good Raiden mains who've dropped him postpatch.

Still <3 Digit though.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
UhhhhhhhhTG raiden is still realllllllllllly good even after post-hotfix. (Not taking anything away from digit as he's been playing great since mkx dropped).

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
I have nothing but respect for Digit but the patch is only a few weeks old. Him being the only Raiden to make top 8 post-patch isn't anything to gawk over when that only includes 2 tournaments lol.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Everyone wants to be successful in tournament and we don't exactly use the most honest methods to achieve that. Character crisis runs rampant, we have seen so many character changes from top players so they can get that extra edge it might give to them. But it takes a real warrior spirit to stick with your guns and stay with the character you love to play.

Digit was the only Raiden i'm aware of that has made a top 8 with him after the patch. To me it really shows how strong this player is mentally. Easily able to put the negative attitudes aside and continue playing unshaken and unafraid. The only player like this from the top of my head is SonicFox who stays with Erron Black looking stronger than ever. I see can see the similarities of these 2 players in how they approach the game and how much fun it looks like they have slamming in top 8s with their mains. All while looking sexy af. Very inspiring, Digit!

@Digit

*Note: This shout out brought to you by MPT. :)
Hmm dizzy didnt travel

Which raiden have failed

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Not taking anything away from digit, he was a great player in injustice who is having the same success in mkx. He earned his spot in this top 8. But I'm almost positive the only thing raiden got nerfed from the patch is his f12 or F21 whichever it is, is now a high. Call me crazy, but raiden doesn't need it. He's still one of the best, if not the best character in the game. This thread is making it out to seem like he had to learn the character all over again.

delbuster

hungry
yes a 6f mid becoming a 6f high is a nerf. it's literally less effective than before, it doesn't work against neutral crouch or crouch attacks when it used to. come on now. any useful mid attack becoming high is a nerf, the game system makes it work against less things than before.

now, was it deserved? some sort of change to a 6f mid that went into either a -3 string or a -8 string that built great meter and had good pushback and could confirm into decent combos was a fair idea.

in due time, people will start fighting vs the new F1 more effectively and raidens will use other tools more effectively, that's just how competitive environments work, especially ones with changes.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I think the consensus here is that the patch is only 2 weeks old so it's not like anyone is struggling yet. And furthermore, it's not like Raiden isn't still really good even after two rounds of nerfs. It makes you wonder how much he would have continued to dominate if he never received his damage nerf or the F+1 change.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
yes a 6f mid becoming a 6f high is a nerf. it's literally less effective than before, it doesn't work against neutral crouch or crouch attacks when it used to. come on now. any useful mid attack becoming high is a nerf, the game system makes it work against less things than before.

now, was it deserved? some sort of change to a 6f mid that went into either a -3 string or a -8 string that built great meter and had good pushback and could confirm into decent combos was a fair idea.

in due time, people will start fighting vs the new F1 more effectively and raidens will use other tools more effectively, that's just how competitive environments work, especially ones with changes.
enter the age of B1

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
Digit was an amazing shazam and he is a good raiden now...
He did a good job placing top8 but he needs a lot of work..he throws away a lot of damage from his combos..
Also @Digit WHY DO YOU END YOUR CORNER WITH THROWS???
other than that keep it up Digit!! Raidens united, never beaten!!!

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Oh boy...

Kitana got nerfed. Raiden was normalized. God forbid non top tiers actually have a chance in the corner against him.

Digit's a great player and deserves props for making top 8 in general, but let's not act like Raiden's the Shazam of MKX.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I respect Digit greatly but can I just say Raiden might be the least hype character to watch, which is funny considering he was coming from Shazam who's probably the most hype character to watch